collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 04:06:51 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 04:06:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 04:06:14 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 04:06:10 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 04:05:55 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Rigadon
[Today at 04:05:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rigadon
[Today at 04:05:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 04:04:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wigan v Villa post-match thread  (Read 31063 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Wigan v Villa post-match thread
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2019, 02:17:05 PM »
I'd that there was some pretty unsavoury behaviour amongst our fans today, too.
- A punch-up just in front of me - one of the perpetrators I've seen doing it before.
- A guy at the end desperate to start something and claiming "you obviously don't go to all the games" to someone with a season ticket and a regular away-fan.

Everything is unravelling in front of our eyes ...

I go to more aways than homes and there are some depressing fucking Herberts who follow us.

Absolutely this. It also seems the bigger the allocation, the worse our support becomes. I’ve taken my 10 year old to the last 2 away games and you’re more aware of the twattish behaviour when you have kids with you.

At Preston we had to dodge the flying beer on the concourse to make it to the toilets where several people were pissing in the sinks (whilst singing “we’ll piss where we want”). Yesterday there were people openly taking cocaine whilst standing by the urinals.

The day was topped off by the bellend behind us trying to smash up two seats when we went 3 down. On a positive note I managed not to see any of our fans fighting each other which makes a change, although I’m not surprised that it did happen.

Was going to take my son, but was glad I didn't.  The tossers with their mosh pit in the middle of the concourse slinging beer about make it not a place to take kids.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2019, 02:19:30 PM »
Interesting point about Wigan taking their  corners outside the quadrant .I was sat in amongst their fans in line with where they scored in the second half .On at least two occasions the linesman standing almost next to the corner taker had to tell him to put the ball in the quadrant ,so you can imagine what it was like on the other side of the pitch. The officials in this awful division really leave a lot to be desired. As for the pen,never a pen the ref was conned by the dive .

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2019, 02:39:51 PM »
- A punch-up just in front of me - one of the perpetrators I've seen doing it before.
- A guy at the end desperate to start something and claiming "you obviously don't go to all the games" to someone with a season ticket and a regular away-fan.

I go to more aways than homes and there are some depressing fucking Herberts who follow us.

Absolutely this. It also seems the bigger the allocation, the worse our support becomes. I’ve taken my 10 year old to the last 2 away games and you’re more aware of the twattish behaviour when you have kids with you.

At Preston we had to dodge the flying beer on the concourse to make it to the toilets where several people were pissing in the sinks (whilst singing “we’ll piss where we want”). Yesterday there were people openly taking cocaine whilst standing by the urinals.

The day was topped off by the bellend behind us trying to smash up two seats when we went 3 down. On a positive note I managed not to see any of our fans fighting each other which makes a change, although I’m not surprised that it did happen.

It's the fixture.

Every single year, we have people relaying tales of absolute cuntery from our fans at Wigan. It's the big allocation plus the lack of glamour which means it's always a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off which means plenty of booze time.

Blackburn is the same.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2019, 02:45:17 PM »

It's the fixture.

Every single year, we have people relaying tales of absolute cuntery from our fans at Wigan. It's the big allocation plus the lack of glamour which means it's always a Saturday 3 o'clock kick off which means plenty of booze time.

Blackburn is the same.
Plus the home fans are also less likely to respond to the aggravation - unlike  perhaps bigger cities like Leeds or Sheffield

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2019, 02:48:34 PM »
That was as bad as Wycombe in the cup a couple of years ago.  We are staying down here for a long time.  Smith needs to build his own team.  But Jesus what is it with Villa managers who develop this disease of picking the same shit players who’ve been proven to be not good enough time and again.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2019, 03:03:08 PM »
The squads for recent games makes me question how good our under 23s are.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2019, 03:26:32 PM »

Big shout out to the middle aged arsehole who gave a passionate speech in the bogs on about 88 minutes about how we all, as supporters could make a huge difference by going out and smashing the town up

Luckily his rallying cry fell on deaf ears and most just looked at him with a sense of pity and sadness

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2019, 03:40:50 PM »
As for the U-23's, I've just watched them beat top of the league Man U 5-1. However we were truly awful. Not one player good enough for 1st team football in the Championship and no recognizable style of play or team tactic or shape. Shockingly bad in all departments. Even at 5-1 and against ten men we had no real control of the pace of the game or the ball itself.Woeful.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2019, 03:45:01 PM »
That was, without a doubt the worst performance I can recall since last Saturday. Or Coventry away 1992 if i'm being more honest.

We have no visible shape, formation, tactics or quality all of a sudden. I'm not having this Grealish out means everyone else turns to shit excuse. How can missing one, very good player effect the rest of them that much?. It was only a blink of an eye ago that we looked like a team who were set out to play a certain way and did exactly that and reaped the rewards. Now all of a sudden it's like they go onto the pitch with absolutely no instructions at all. It's alarming the difference in such a short period of time. Has something happened behind closed doors that we don't know about? are Smith's instructions being ignored or has he stopped giving them any? i can't fathom out what's happened.

The defence isn't anything of the sort, it's piss poor and staffed by a collection of individuals who look like they've never met each other before running out onto the pitch. I've never rated Elphick, but Chester was once the best defender in this league not so long ago. He was a Rolls Royce at this level and is now playing like a knackered Austin Allegro. Taylor isn't even playing like the bog average player he is now, Bree hasn't took his chance at all yet and looks a bag of nerves. And the less said about the others that weren't even on the pitch the better. Hause looked appalling when he came on but i wont be judging him on that brief showing obviously.

The midfield is basically McGinn and whatever wasters line up alongside him. Bjarnason is crap, no more no less. He has nothing to offer to my eyes at all. He must be the softest viking ever. Hourihane gets way too much of an easy ride because he scores a goal every now and again, but in reality he's invisible and offers nothing of note. McGinn is blowing out his arse but still tries.

The wingers throw in a couple of tricks here and there and fuck all else and Abraham is suddenly getting next to no service and is stood isolated from the rest of the side.

In short, that was an appalling mess from start to finish and we couldn't have complained if we'd lost 5-0

Kalinic 5
Bree 3
Chester 3
Elphick 3
Taylor 2
Bjarnason 2
Hourihane 2
McGinn 5
Bolasie 2
El Ghazi 3
Abraham 3

Whelan 1
Hause 1
Adomah 3

« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »
Our defence at the moment is awful and a lot of basic mistakes are being made that a Sunday league team would get a bollocking for. However it is not helped by our midfield. Watching us lately without Grealish I wonder apart from Mcginn what our midfield actually does. Can you really call them a midfield ?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2019, 04:25:44 PM »
We play with 3 in midfield with the ball and 1 without. The former is a problem as there's no movement or game management. But the latter is more catastrophic as you can play through is with ease.

« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2019, 04:36:30 PM »
They talk about teams having a midfield engine. Ours couldn't power a moped.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2019, 05:16:22 PM »
Kalinic 5
Bree 3
Chester 3
Elphick 3
Taylor 2
Bjarnason 2
Hourihane 2
McGinn 5
Bolasie 2
El Ghazi 3
Abraham 3

Whelan 1
Hause 1
Adomah 3

Fully concur with these scores from above as we were completely outplayed from start to finish. A truly woeful afternoon only made better by avoiding twattery in the town centre and by the sounds of it at the match as well. Good day out ruined by the 90 minutes.

Definitely in my top 5-10 of worst away performances since the early 90s.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2019, 05:38:17 PM »
If Dean Smith had ‘lost them’ I don’t think Tammy Abraham would have been keen to stay.

I think it’s more a case of needing to work through other teams finding us out. Hopefully, we’ll gradually re-group and find the way of playing our game that bit better again so they can get through even when the other team know what we’re doing.

Online Taylor

« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2019, 05:38:26 PM »
On the bright side, we won't be getting any more posts from that Derby fan who put a tenner on us winning the League.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal