collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The International Cricket Thread  (Read 801103 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: The International Cricket Thread
« Reply #4500 on: January 17, 2021, 12:27:32 PM »
The run out is why I just don't trust Bairstow, he does things like that far too often.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4501 on: January 17, 2021, 04:15:26 PM »
36 runs? Surely we can get that without further heart attack!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4502 on: January 17, 2021, 04:49:37 PM »
Should do it no sweat with wickets to spare 75-8😂

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4503 on: January 17, 2021, 06:48:36 PM »
The run out is why I just don't trust Bairstow, he does things like that far too often.

It’s because he has a tendency to get too intense and becomes too frenetic.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4504 on: January 17, 2021, 09:39:36 PM »

My friend met Bairstow years ago at a house party. It was when he was just breaking into the England team. Whenever anyone spoke to him, he would apparently say "I would introduce myself, but you already know who I am".

He may have changed since then, but he definitely has the air of a dickhead about him.

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #4505 on: January 17, 2021, 09:40:59 PM »

My friend met Bairstow years ago at a house party. It was when he was just breaking into the England team. Whenever anyone spoke to him, he would apparently say "I would introduce myself, but you already know who I am".

He may have changed since then, but he definitely has the air of a dickhead about him.

Yeah I can imagine that.

Offline Rory

« Reply #4506 on: January 17, 2021, 09:50:40 PM »
Apparently Root was a lovely bloke though, so that's a positive.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #4507 on: January 17, 2021, 10:02:54 PM »

I have seen and sometimes met Bairstow on England tours in Australia, the Caribbean and South Africa and I would say he has not changed.

Offline Rory

« Reply #4508 on: January 17, 2021, 10:05:10 PM »

I have seen and sometimes met Bairstow on England tours in Australia, the Caribbean and South Africa and I would say he has not changed.

Haha, glad to have it confirmed.

Sounds like you've watched cricket all over! Are you in the Barmy Army or something?

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #4509 on: January 17, 2021, 10:09:24 PM »
Bairstow always strikes me as having a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I really took a dim view of his comments after his century in Sri Lanka a couple of years ago. I can’t remember the specifics but I remember thinking it was disrespectful of Foakes, a new player making his way.

I appreciate Bairstow has had to go through some horrible circumstances, but I feel he directs his emotions in the wrong way sometimes. No denying he’s a fine player though, but he has some gaps in his game in Test cricket.

Offline Rory

« Reply #4510 on: January 17, 2021, 10:19:42 PM »
Bairstow always strikes me as having a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I really took a dim view of his comments after his century in Sri Lanka a couple of years ago. I can’t remember the specifics but I remember thinking it was disrespectful of Foakes, a new player making his way.

I appreciate Bairstow has had to go through some horrible circumstances, but I feel he directs his emotions in the wrong way sometimes. No denying he’s a fine player though, but he has some gaps in his game in Test cricket.

Definitely, Paul. I don't think he reacted well to Buttler being brought back either.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #4511 on: January 17, 2021, 10:30:54 PM »
Sounds like you've watched cricket all over! Are you in the Barmy Army or something?
Yes and no Rory. A group of us travel together and we use the Barmy Army for information on tour dates, ticket availability and suitable accommodation. They get hold of good information early however we keep away from the gatherings whilst on tour. Some of them seem to have an ordained sense of importance as the only fans fit to support England and everyone else is an imposter. Mind you having said that one of their main songwriter/starter  is a lad from Alvechurch a massive Villa fan. So he's ok :).

Offline Rory

« Reply #4512 on: January 17, 2021, 10:35:04 PM »
Yes and no Rory. A group of us travel together and we use the Barmy Army for information on tour dates, ticket availability and suitable accommodation. They get hold of good information early however we keep away from the gatherings whilst on tour. Some of them seem to have an ordained sense of importance as the only fans fit to support England and everyone else is an imposter. Mind you having said that one of their main songwriter/starter  is a lad from Alvechurch a massive Villa fan. So he's ok :).

That's cool, and sounds like a good approach. I've always been a bit ambivalent about the Barmy Army. It can be bad enough sitting in the Hollies stand near them, let alone being on tour with a finite number of hotels and so on!

Online PaulWinch again

« Reply #4513 on: January 18, 2021, 07:38:47 AM »
Good effort to get across the line without any further horrors today.

Offline Rory

« Reply #4514 on: January 18, 2021, 01:42:22 PM »
Good effort to get across the line without any further horrors today.

Yep, not a bad test in the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal