collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by Hillbilly
[Today at 02:35:51 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 02:32:40 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 01:53:30 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Diego Carlos by OCD
[Today at 01:21:52 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Hillbilly
[Today at 02:35:51 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VILLA MOLE
[Today at 02:32:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by lovejoy
[Today at 02:31:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by danno
[Today at 02:29:36 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 02:29:16 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:28:25 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by papa lazarou
[Today at 02:25:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:23:25 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 34464 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: December 08, 2018, 12:10:18 PM »
Ultimately we’ve gone to two of the hardest places to go in the league in a week and got 4 points, and should have had 6. That’s a bloody good return, and teams will absolutely fear us. Keep Bolasie, Jack, El Ghazi and Tammy fit and more often than not we’ll slay teams.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #226 on: December 08, 2018, 12:28:50 PM »
I hate seeing games decided like that.  I don't like to say it, but I thought the Baggies were the best team we've played this season, and the game could have gone either way, although we had much the better chances.  I agree with Clampy in that Abraham has been brilliant lately so it's not fair singling him out, but by christ he should have stuck that chance away last night.

Not sour grapes, but I have to disagree about the Albion mate.  I thought they looked a bit limited last night.  I thought they looked slow at the back and in midfield and relied quite heavily on long throws into the box.  They have got decent attacking options though and that Barnes from Leicester looks a talent. 

Who do you think is the best side we've played this season Tom?

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #227 on: December 08, 2018, 12:30:17 PM »
Ultimately we’ve gone to two of the hardest places to go in the league in a week and got 4 points, and should have had 6. That’s a bloody good return, and teams will absolutely fear us. Keep Bolasie, Jack, El Ghazi and Tammy fit and more often than not we’ll slay teams.

This, and - we didn't do it by playing defensive, counter-based percentages football, as we have when getting big results in the past, even (maybe especially) under MON; we did it by taking the game to the opposition as if we were the home team and trying to dominate them with our play. That is something very new for us.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #228 on: December 08, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »

This, and - we didn't do it by playing defensive, counter-based percentages football, as we have when getting big results in the past, even (maybe especially) under MON; we did it by taking the game to the opposition as if we were the home team and trying to dominate them with our play. That is something very new for us.

Hear hear.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #229 on: December 08, 2018, 12:35:29 PM »
Only just got out. I was hoping to see them lift the cup after beating us 2-2.

First time I've been hit by a bottle as well. Sad, sad, cheating c***s.

Should have been 3 or 4 tonight. I appreciate you saying you've got to take your chances, but you've got to have confidence that the officials can spot the blatantly obvious.

Atrocious.
.after the cup game a couple of years ago I came across about 20 of them at snow hill.   Did they want a tear up. .  Did they fuck.   Walkers.

Are you sure they weren’t getting the tram?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
Who does the Beeb journalist Ged Scott support? Might just be me but he sounds pretty anti-Villa in the report on their website.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2018, 12:41:33 PM »
Who does the Beeb journalist Ged Scott support? Might just be me but he sounds pretty anti-Villa in the report on their website.

This is what Ged wrote during last night's game:

'Admittedly, Villa’s raucous 2,617 visiting fans have so far had more to sing about than the hosts.

But what really stands out among the extensive repertoire from the claret and blue section is that they’ve taken the time and trouble to learn a few new tunes.

All half-inched from other clubs, admittedly. But we haven’t heard then Yippee-ay-eh, Yippee-Ay-Oh once and the old “Spinky and Birchy and Alan McInally” favourite finally seems to have been condemned to history! And that’s got to be a good thing!'

Doesn't know what he's talking about!

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2018, 01:27:34 PM »
Observations from the living room (I was on call so avoided having to put up with the drivel dribbling from the slack jaws of the Sandwell fans in my pub):

- Dean needs to shake up Kodja or he goes, too casual when he came on
- El Ghazi's soft shoe shuffle reminded me of Harry Enfields character "Charles Charlie Charles" and had me laughing in delight
- Still need a CB and keeper, Nyland just doesn't look like a GK, he looks more like someone that would have a note for games
- The Yawnthorns has become a quasi-Christian church with that Psalm. I was impressed during the Brentford game that the fans knew all the words, then noticed them printed all over the stands.
- Overall, with a few tweaks, this team could really do something. Let's hope we have the right tweaks.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2018, 01:47:34 PM »
The hand of rod looked deliberate to me. The ball was going wide of the post until the cheating sh-t for brains, redirected it with his 6 fingered hand.

I agree with this. The “accidentally” touched it with his hand narrative is a myth that will be accepted by many, especially around Smethwick. But it’s bollocks - he deliberately guided the ball and he knows it.

I actually totally disagree with this. His reaction after scoring says it all. It was unintentional and he expected the goal to be chalked off.
That said, still a shocking decision from the officials

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2018, 02:02:26 PM »
I don't think he meant to do it either. Still a shocking decision, though.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2018, 02:26:52 PM »
The Albion the best side we've played? Risso how much did you have last night?

Forest were easily the best we've played and we should have beat them.

The Albion ran out of ideas, resorted to.log diagonals and never looked like scoring a legitimate goal, the cheating shite.
100%

This

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2018, 03:14:31 PM »
Just watched the highlights. The throw they took in the lead up to the double hand ball bounces before it enters the field of play.

The linesman wants sacking, the Stripey ******.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #237 on: December 08, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »
What a non-entity like Ged sodding Scott thinks about our support is completely irrelevant. When Dean Smith was asked about our fans last night in the post-match interview, he answered thus: "The away end? It's normal. It's fantastic. We're Villa."

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2018, 03:34:03 PM »
I know Ged really well. He doesn't support a local club but rest assured he has a lot of time, admiration and knowledge for/about the Villa, now and in the past. No need for us to get precious.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2018, 03:48:57 PM »
The remarks of Keith Hackett help explain why England did not have a single referee selected for the world cup last summer .

An Arsenal mate texted me that last night just after the game. He thought it was an obvious handball on tv.

We had a long chat last weekend about rivalries / derbies with clubs who are much smaller: Blues and Albion for us and Spurs for them.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal