collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 34485 times)

Offline TonyD

Re: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2018, 01:40:46 AM »
FTA

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2018, 01:41:01 AM »
Just home, via the pub and chip shop. In short:

Tammy scores and it’s game over

Nyland scares me witless. Could he have taken their cross for number two?

Hutton dreadful for their first

El Ghazi is fast becoming our talisman

Ref/Lino had an absolute nightmare

We’ll go up automatically wirpth a new keeper, LB and CB

Night all!

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #182 on: December 08, 2018, 05:01:53 AM »
Anyone else noticed that it was this very same idiot Darren England who gave Reading a debatable at best penalty in stoppage time earlier in the season .That is four points better off we should be .The new Phil Dowd

Online villabear

« Reply #183 on: December 08, 2018, 06:53:10 AM »
Just spotted this on the Beeb's live reporting of the match. It's by some BBC correspondent called Ged Scott, and he wrote this after 90 minutes (so just before the equaliser):

Admittedly, Villa’s raucous 2,617 visiting fans have so far had more to sing about than the hosts.

But what really stands out among the extensive repertoire from the claret and blue section is that they’ve taken the time and trouble to learn a few new tunes.

All half-inched from other clubs, admittedly. But we haven’t heard then Yippee-ay-eh, Yippee-Ay-Oh once and the old “Spinky and Birchy and Alan McInally” favourite finally seems to have been condemned to history! And that’s got to be a good thing!

I have no idea who Ged Scott is but judging by these pissy remarks and his profile pic I have deduced that he's a Villa-hating fat git.

Apparently he’s a northern BBC journalist now living in Kidderminster. He loves Liverpool and rugby league and hates Man Utd and Gareth Bale. No mention of his dislike of us in his Twitter bio so I can only think he didn’t get enough free pies last night.

The support sounded great on the telly so 👏👏👏👏👏👏 if you were there.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #184 on: December 08, 2018, 07:30:35 AM »
Keith Hackett on Twitter: “I have no doubts that Referee Darren England should be elevated to the Elite Panel. Was that a deliberate handball. Well after several views I still have doubt and would support the referee”

Unbelievable.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2018, 08:29:12 AM »
As good as we are right now, I think last nights robbery will make us even better and stronger.
We know we were the better team. We know we were cheated out of it.
What this MUST do is reinforce how we have to be more clinical in front of goal.

When that happens, no one in this division can touch us.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #186 on: December 08, 2018, 08:37:59 AM »
Keith Hackett on Twitter: “I have no doubts that Referee Darren England should be elevated to the Elite Panel. Was that a deliberate handball. Well after several views I still have doubt and would support the referee”

Unbelievable.

I blame the linesman rather than the referee. Is it being deliberate a thing anymore anyway? I thought that had changed.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #187 on: December 08, 2018, 08:44:08 AM »

Unbelievable.

Keith Hackett can suck my balls. Dreadful.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #188 on: December 08, 2018, 08:46:50 AM »
Cold light of day this morning but we are the best side in the division and will push Norwich and Leeds all the way for automatic promotion. If that fails, and I’m not convinced it will, we play WBA in the play off final with Grealish carrying the ball over the line in the last minute.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #189 on: December 08, 2018, 08:57:36 AM »
I'm more annoyed this morning that the officials didn't get it right and we lose two points.  That said, we have no-one to fear in this league.  The next few games are key, but I thought that a few games ago and we seem to be doing ok.  Derby, Boro and Albion, all away, seven points from nine.  That's a great record, particularly as we know we wuz robbed last night.  Dean Smith is doing a great job. 

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #190 on: December 08, 2018, 09:01:16 AM »
The hand of rod looked deliberate to me. The ball was going wide of the post until the cheating sh-t for brains, redirected it with his 6 fingered hand.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #191 on: December 08, 2018, 09:02:26 AM »
Played 5 teams above us and we've 11 out of 15.

When you reflect on that, it's a good return. That it should have been 15 out of 15 just shows how far we've come.

Goalkeeper, left back, centre half and a deep lying play maker (although Hourihane is actually improving) would all see us stronger. I wouldn't expect all four, but a couple.

When we've plucked El Gahzi out of the doldrums And it turns out he's actually very, very good, with Adomah to come back and all the attacking talent we have, we'll be in the top 6 sooner than later.

2 more games of our difficult run to go. I'd back us to be 17 out of 21.

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #192 on: December 08, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »
The hand of rod looked deliberate to me. The ball was going wide of the post until the cheating sh-t for brains, redirected it with his 6 fingered hand.

I agree with this. The “accidentally” touched it with his hand narrative is a myth that will be accepted by many, especially around Smethwick. But it’s bollocks - he deliberately guided the ball and he knows it.

Offline bjfoster

« Reply #193 on: December 08, 2018, 09:15:10 AM »
Just woke up, still raging.

I said after the Leeds one against Forest you know by players reactions that something has happened that shouldn't have. The fact that our players went mental and Rodriguez walked away sheepishly should have told the useless ref and even more useless linesman that.

I've just read Dave's article and it mentions our game management. McGinn was trying to be ambitious a minute before they scored their second and gave the ball away. I was screaming keep the ball at the TV. We need to wise up, especially if we start leading in games.

Happy overall, gutted about that Abraham chance from,the Bolasie cross. The Forest game doesn't feel like two points dropped as that was a mental one-off. This does tho.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #194 on: December 08, 2018, 09:21:34 AM »
So if you put the ball un intentionally In the net with your hand that is different from intentionally doing it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal