collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:18:19 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Richard
[Today at 12:17:55 PM]

Robin Olsen by martin o`who??
[Today at 12:15:13 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 12:07:50 PM]

Diego Carlos by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:07:28 PM]

Champions League Contention by Abbeyfealeavfc
[Today at 12:04:52 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 12:03:25 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Mister E
[Today at 11:34:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 34547 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: December 08, 2018, 10:16:21 AM »
I thought the ref was a home ref too. Livermore left his foot in a few times and could easily have got a couple of bookings before finally getting one, McGinn could easily have been given a pen on another day and the handball goal was a disgrace. When players react like that, it's obvious there is something not right.

All that said, kodjia tracks the wingerwe stop the cross. Nyland grows a pair we clear it. Hutton sticks it in the stand we don't concede the first. Taylor tracks Gayle he stops the cross getting there. Both goals were our mistakes.

On the positive side, we battered them, looked excellent in possession and I can see us, once we strengthen at the back a bit, winning 10 on the spin and getting into the top 2. Norwich and Leeds won't finish in the top 2. Squads are not strong enough. Us, Boro, Albion much more likely.

Offline cdward

« Reply #211 on: December 08, 2018, 10:38:50 AM »
Their goal was why we now have VAR in football.
If the ref doesn't see it, and the Lino says he doesn't see it either, then the goal is given.
Only VAR would have changed the refs decision.

We were the better team, hopefully karma will pay them back later in the season.
UTV

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #212 on: December 08, 2018, 10:42:48 AM »
The remarks of Keith Hackett help explain why England did not have a single referee selected for the world cup last summer .

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »
Despite Bolaisse and Abraham not being at their best, we still outplayed one of best attacking teams in the country. McGinn probably MOM, but what a player we have in El Ghazi, particulary second half, when he showed his ability on the ball and what a strike, you won't see a better goal in any of the leagues this weekend.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2018, 10:50:32 AM »
In games like last night we will be better in a few weeks bringing on the likes of Thor or Jedinak versus Whelan to shore up the defence. Whelan is ok but I’d much rather have the running or mobility of BB or the height and strength of Jedi.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #215 on: December 08, 2018, 10:51:05 AM »
Having calmed down and reflected on last night, I'm happy because of how we played and because of how much better than them we look.

The only time they looked decent was the first ten minutes second half, and then we scored. We were head and shoulders above them, especially in midfield. McGinn ran it.

If Abraham has his shooting boots on then we win that 4-1. If the linesman can see then we win 2-1. How did he actually miss the handball? He's looking right at it and then says to the ref that he can't be sure?

Their fans were dire aswell for their cup final. Sang a couple of ditties at the start, about us. A couple of ditties after their first goal, about us. Sang about our player of the season the cabbage for about five minutes. Then a couple of ditties at the end, about us.
I don't get the cabbage song? It helped us get rid of Bruce and get Smith. It's not a negative.

I'd be very surprised if we're not above them come May. Better team and better manager.

Allez Allez Allez
Fuck May.....we’ll be above the stripey fuckers by the end of the month.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #216 on: December 08, 2018, 11:02:33 AM »
I've watched it back this morning.  The ref was absolutely shit all game. McGinn shouldve had a penalty first-half. Hegazi for them was dirty most of the game - he should've got a yellow much earlier. Barry went through Jack early on - shocking challenge that went unpunished.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #217 on: December 08, 2018, 11:07:28 AM »
I hate seeing games decided like that.  I don't like to say it, but I thought the Baggies were the best team we've played this season, and the game could have gone either way, although we had much the better chances.  I agree with Clampy in that Abraham has been brilliant lately so it's not fair singling him out, but by christ he should have stuck that chance away last night.

Not sour grapes, but I have to disagree about the Albion mate.  I thought they looked a bit limited last night.  I thought they looked slow at the back and in midfield and relied quite heavily on long throws into the box.  They have got decent attacking options though and that Barnes from Leicester looks a talent. 

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #218 on: December 08, 2018, 11:16:10 AM »
I hate seeing games decided like that.  I don't like to say it, but I thought the Baggies were the best team we've played this season, and the game could have gone either way, although we had much the better chances.  I agree with Clampy in that Abraham has been brilliant lately so it's not fair singling him out, but by christ he should have stuck that chance away last night.

Not sour grapes, but I have to disagree about the Albion mate.  I thought they looked a bit limited last night.  I thought they looked slow at the back and in midfield and relied quite heavily on long throws into the box.  They have got decent attacking options though and that Barnes from Leicester looks a talent. 

I'm sort of agreeing with both of you. Albion were a decent team, but we looked a lot better. In fact , Since Mr Smiths arrival, I think we have looked the better team in every game.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #219 on: December 08, 2018, 11:50:41 AM »
Re Nyland, a good and confident keeper punches that ball away. 93rd minute and bodies flying at you, you don't try and catch that. If he punches that away we win the game. Heaton in January and we will win this league.

Agreed. But...the officials have to do their job.

Not one handball, but two. Cheating long ball shite.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #220 on: December 08, 2018, 12:00:03 PM »
Despite Bolaisse and Abraham not being at their best, we still outplayed one of best attacking teams in the country. McGinn probably MOM, but what a player we have in El Ghazi, particulary second half, when he showed his ability on the ball and what a strike, you won't see a better goal in any of the leagues this weekend.

In the country?

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #221 on: December 08, 2018, 12:02:40 PM »

In the country?

The black country.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #222 on: December 08, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »
The Albion the best side we've played? Risso how much did you have last night?

Forest were easily the best we've played and we should have beat them.

The Albion ran out of ideas, resorted to.log diagonals and never looked like scoring a legitimate goal, the cheating shite.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #223 on: December 08, 2018, 12:07:37 PM »
The Albion the best side we've played? Risso how much did you have last night?

Forest were easily the best we've played and we should have beat them.

The Albion ran out of ideas, resorted to.log diagonals and never looked like scoring a legitimate goal, the cheating shite.
100%

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #224 on: December 08, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
Second bloody time Rodriguez has cheated us out of points. Hate the bloke with a raging passion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal