collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by algy
[Today at 08:02:52 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Risso
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:59:21 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1523116 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #15105 on: October 23, 2021, 09:05:27 PM »
Sanson really does have a case to be annoyed. Smith has given him very little opportunity yet he goes on how much we miss him and what a big player he woll be for us yet cant get into a cm thats badly struggling.

To be fair he's been at the Keinan Davis school of physical endurance. You can't moan about not being given a chance when every time you do you end up injured.

Offline steamer

« Reply #15106 on: October 23, 2021, 09:05:32 PM »
Not sure I have seen that much of him to agree
What are his game stats this season ?

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #15107 on: October 23, 2021, 09:10:58 PM »
Someone making up shit for a few clicks?, until I hear from a reliable source like from here I take it with a pinch of salt

Somebody I know and trust implicitly said she saw the Sanson incident, ie that he chucked a water bottle at Smith and flipped him the finger.

Out of interest, where was she when she saw this?

At the match.

Ah, ok. In the away end?

If it’s a woman called Victoria on Twitter says she was sitting further up behind the dugouts

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #15108 on: October 23, 2021, 09:12:44 PM »
Sanson really does have a case to be annoyed. Smith has given him very little opportunity yet he goes on how much we miss him and what a big player he woll be for us yet cant get into a cm thats badly struggling.

The best way to get more game time is probably not to kick a bottle and throw the finger at your boss

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #15109 on: October 23, 2021, 09:39:03 PM »

To be fair he's been at the Keinan Davis school of physical endurance. You can't moan about not being given a chance when every time you do you end up injured.

Not really his fault that he is getting injured though. In his last game he looked really goof. Hoping he gets a chance soon but seems to be going the berson route.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #15110 on: October 23, 2021, 10:11:12 PM »

Not really his fault that he is getting injured though. In his last game he looked really goof. Hoping he gets a chance soon but seems to be going the berson route.

I know it's a typo, but you're right, he showed bite.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15111 on: October 23, 2021, 10:20:34 PM »
I was one of the last people who believed he'd keep us up, and one of his staunchest defenders (more so than than fucking Tuanzebe anyway), but he needs to turn it around really quickly.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #15112 on: October 23, 2021, 10:22:38 PM »
Mings and McGinn were arguing, they are two senior players who failed, between them, to clear a couple of corners. I'd fully expect it.

I'm sure there's nobody happy about that match for a variety of reasons. Even Ramsey scoring that great goal didn't look happy.

The passing was all over the place, the energy levels were low, it was all rubbish.

Now the result against Wolves was shite but we'd all have been happy at the 80th minute point wouldn't we? It's not like we were garbage for the whole game. Last night we were fucking terrible in that first half. My concern is that we should have changed it way earlier.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #15113 on: October 24, 2021, 01:57:39 AM »
Deservedly beat Man U by playing well. But were helped by them playing shite. Smith seems to have seen that as proof that 5-3-2 was a panacea and the players bought into it. We've been rubbish ever since.

Still think the main reason we have switched to that formation is so that both Ings and Watkins can play centrally.  Problem with switching the formation is that we are almost starting over again, rather than building on last season. 

Whichever formation we are going to use, I still think we look light in central midfield and that still remains a problem area.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #15114 on: October 24, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »
Four weeks ago we believed that our next three games were all winnable. We were playing teams low on confidence who were there for the taking. Where we should have been just outside the top four we are once again looking backwards, i know I am already spending more time looking at the results of teams below us. This is not how it was meant to be, we have a much stronger squad. Strangely I think we will beat Spam because the alternitive will be the end of Dean at Villa Park.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #15115 on: October 24, 2021, 08:37:33 AM »
Players arguing isn't a major deal in scheme of things especially the context
Mings was super annoyed by McGinn inept defending as SJM didn't jump with Partey for the goal and not only that he was in the way of Mings who would have cleared the ball.
So having cross words makes sense. To me it would be more concerning if they were arguing without substance.

I feel Smith is totally safe in the job. He knows the task in hand and he'll address our losing.
The good thing is Deano won't allow another performance like what we witnessed on Friday again, so vs West Ham will do everything in his coaching power to get 3pts.

Keep the faith!
In Dean Smith we trust
Up the Villa

Offline Risso

« Reply #15116 on: October 24, 2021, 10:57:58 AM »
Mings was super annoyed by McGinn inept defending as SJM didn't jump with Partey for the goal and not only that he was in the way of Mings who would have cleared the ball.
So having cross words makes sense. To me it would be more concerning if they were arguing without substance.

I feel Smith is totally safe in the job. He knows the task in hand and he'll address our losing.
The good thing is Deano won't allow another performance like what we witnessed on Friday again, so vs West Ham will do everything in his coaching power to get 3pts.

Keep the faith!
In Dean Smith we trust
Up the Villa

Do you not think he should have coached the team not to have a repeat of the last 10 minutes against Wolves? Instead, we got all the usual shit about "good response in training" and then Smith kept the same idiotic formation, and the team served up *that*. It looks like the atmosphere in the team is rotten, and he had a player swearing at him during the match. In Smith I do not trust, at all. Time to go.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #15117 on: October 24, 2021, 11:29:25 AM »

Keep the faith!
In Dean Smith we trust
Up the Villa

Do you not think he should have coached the team not to have a repeat of the last 10 minutes against Wolves? Instead, we got all the usual shit about "good response in training" and then Smith kept the same idiotic formation, and the team served up *that*. It looks like the atmosphere in the team is rotten, and he had a player swearing at him during the match. In Smith I do not trust, at all. Time to go.

How many times have you said that now? Every time you were wrong.

Offline Risso

« Reply #15118 on: October 24, 2021, 11:32:44 AM »

Keep the faith!
In Dean Smith we trust
Up the Villa

How many times have you said that now? Every time you were wrong.

Eh? Which bit is wrong?

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #15119 on: October 24, 2021, 11:34:15 AM »

Keep the faith!
In Dean Smith we trust
Up the Villa

Agree

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal