collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1543447 times)

Offline Flamingo Lane

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #15075 on: October 23, 2021, 03:30:40 PM »
I'd say so.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #15076 on: October 23, 2021, 03:46:57 PM »
The tide is turning against Smith.

Once this happens it only goes one way.

To my mind that's happened three times before (dodgy run between Christmas and Feb 2019, that run around Christmas in our first season back, and our pre lockdown form).

And he's found the answers each time.

I'm not even sure this constitutes a dodgy run. Hopefully more a blip.

Baffled at the continuence of the 5-3-2 though. Hopefully last night is the end of it - barring exceptional circumstances.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #15077 on: October 23, 2021, 04:26:44 PM »

To my mind that's happened three times before (dodgy run between Christmas and Feb 2019, that run around Christmas in our first season back, and our pre lockdown form).

Baffled at the continuence of the 5-3-2 though. Hopefully last night is the end of it - barring exceptional circumstances.

Well said, and in particular the last paragraph. Our back four are a proven solid base to build on, one of Ings or Watkins through the middle up top and the rest can be adjusted to suit.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #15078 on: October 23, 2021, 05:33:49 PM »

Well said, and in particular the last paragraph. Our back four are a proven solid base to build on, one of Ings or Watkins through the middle up top and the rest can be adjusted to suit.

Hope your right Kevin, on all counts, ending this experiment with 532 and it’s just a blip and not a long barren spell and finding the answer to making this talented young squad work again.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #15079 on: October 23, 2021, 06:15:14 PM »
Something's definitely not right. Maybe the players staged an intervention over this 532 garbage and Smith stood his ground. Hence the 'told you so' attitude. I guess this is the first time Dean Smith has had to manage a large squad of internationals with competition for places, and it doesn't seem like he is coping very well.

The rumours of Craig Shakespeare's role in getting Ranieri the sack at Leicester keep popping into my thoughts as well. 

Perhaps the loss of Terry and ROK, who by all accounts were very popular with the players, has had more of an affect than we think.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #15080 on: October 23, 2021, 06:23:10 PM »
I am hoping for a clear the air rant fest at the next training session and to come back all guns blazing for the next game, with everyone having upped their game.
If not, as much I would not like to see it, it could be Dean's last game in charge.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #15081 on: October 23, 2021, 06:24:54 PM »
Something's definitely not right. Maybe the players staged an intervention over this 532 garbage and Smith stood his ground. Hence the 'told you so' attitude. I guess this is the first time Dean Smith has had to manage a large squad of internationals with competition for places, and it doesn't seem like he is coping very well.

The rumours of Craig Shakespeare's role in getting Ranieri the sack at Leicester keep popping into my thoughts as well. 

Perhaps the loss of Terry and ROK, who by all accounts were very popular with the players, has had more of an affect than we think.

I’ve never heard that rumour before

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #15082 on: October 23, 2021, 06:28:41 PM »

Yes Ings or Watkins upfront.
Don't care which one but at the mo Ollie is in the team for what he did last season. Not this.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #15083 on: October 23, 2021, 06:31:24 PM »

I’ve never heard that rumour before

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/shakespeare-says-conscience-clear-after-ranieri-comments-1.3045503

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #15084 on: October 23, 2021, 07:27:13 PM »

Hopefully its twitter bollocks but if true this is taking us back to the dark days of relegation

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #15085 on: October 23, 2021, 07:33:06 PM »
Good, they should be pissed off.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #15086 on: October 23, 2021, 07:38:12 PM »
Mings and McGinn seemed to be mouthing off at one another quite a bit during the game.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #15087 on: October 23, 2021, 07:53:31 PM »
Someone making up shit for a few clicks?, until I hear from a reliable source like from here I take it with a pinch of salt

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #15088 on: October 23, 2021, 07:54:47 PM »
Someone making up shit for a few clicks?, until I hear from a reliable source like from here I take it with a pinch of salt
it has been confirmed on here.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #15089 on: October 23, 2021, 07:58:30 PM »
Mings and McGinn seemed to be mouthing off at one another quite a bit during the game.

Maybe they should focus more on giving the fucking ball away a bit less.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal