collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Press-ing on a bit by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:25:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:22:28 AM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 09:21:03 AM]

Lucas Digne - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:18:49 AM]

Champions League Contention by rob_bridge
[Today at 09:13:41 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by Astnor
[Today at 09:04:02 AM]

Diego Carlos by rougegorge
[Today at 08:59:15 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Drummond
[Today at 08:55:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1546842 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #15060 on: October 23, 2021, 11:26:38 AM »
She's confirmed it is true, and others have also said they saw it. Sanson chucked a bottle at Smith and gave him the finger. Last we see of him ever then, I guess.

If true I’m not sure our owners will want their investments involved in these sort of incidents and will get to the bottom of it. If a few fans have seen it I’m sure everyone within the club will know about it.

Football is a high passion game for the players, managers and owners. Not just the fans. Emotions run high and during bad times they obviously spill out in public.

We need to deal with it and start look like we enjoy playing football again because since Man Utd we haven’t looked quite right at all.

Of course passions run high, but normally these things happen in private in training. The last two players rumoured to have had a spat with Smith (Engels and Guilbert) were hardly seen again.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #15061 on: October 23, 2021, 12:08:27 PM »
I don’t blame Sanson for being upset. He should have been given the 2nd half at least.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #15062 on: October 23, 2021, 12:20:21 PM »
I don’t blame Sanson for being upset. He should have been given the 2nd half at least.

Said the same at half time. Think Smith decided very early on that he doesn't rate him. Ramsey has been poor lately so can understand why Sanson would be seething (as Hause has every right to be too) but if he has thrown a bottle at Smith then that's him done under Deano. Ramsey coming on and scoring pushes him further down the pecking order anyway.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #15063 on: October 23, 2021, 12:46:54 PM »
She's confirmed it is true, and others have also said they saw it. Sanson chucked a bottle at Smith and gave him the finger. Last we see of him ever then, I guess.

If true I’m not sure our owners will want their investments involved in these sort of incidents and will get to the bottom of it. If a few fans have seen it I’m sure everyone within the club will know about it.

Football is a high passion game for the players, managers and owners. Not just the fans. Emotions run high and during bad times they obviously spill out in public.

We need to deal with it and start look like we enjoy playing football again because since Man Utd we haven’t looked quite right at all.

Of course passions run high, but normally these things happen in private in training. The last two players rumoured to have had a spat with Smith (Engels and Guilbert) were hardly seen again.

I agree, it needs to be dealt with and like I said our owners will not be happy that another of their assets are involved in a spat in the public eye. If this is the end of Sanson like the two you mentioned I’m sure questions will be seriously asked if Smith. On top of the last two performances in particular which to me have been a result of tactics and not personal.

Online caster troy

« Reply #15064 on: October 23, 2021, 12:59:52 PM »
Something's definitely not right. Maybe the players staged an intervention over this 532 garbage and Smith stood his ground. Hence the 'told you so' attitude. I guess this is the first time Dean Smith has had to manage a large squad of internationals with competition for places, and it doesn't seem like he is coping very well.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #15065 on: October 23, 2021, 01:06:54 PM »
Yes that’s a very hard part of managing lots of players in the squad and keeping them happy. Has Smith got the bollocks to leave one of his top players out? It’s odd how he’s built a career of one up front and suddenly we’ve got Ings and we have to play two central strikers from KO in every match.

Online caster troy

« Reply #15066 on: October 23, 2021, 01:12:50 PM »
Yes that’s a very hard part of managing lots of players in the squad and keeping them happy. Has Smith got the bollocks to leave one of his top players out? It’s odd how he’s built a career of one up front and suddenly we’ve got Ings and we have to play two central strikers from KO in every match.

Yep. And Tuanzebe/Hause seemingly having to play each week too.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #15067 on: October 23, 2021, 01:20:29 PM »
I'm not sure than Sanson has any right to be chucking bottles.  He's been injured for months and go injured again at Chelsea.  I want to see him integrated into the side but not getting the nod for 20 minutes in a disaster of a game coming back from another few weeks on the treatment table hardly seems a tipping point to me.

But it;s not a good look and if Smith has lost the dressing room then he needs to go.  I'm sure I said sticking with 3/5 at the back woud cost him his job.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #15068 on: October 23, 2021, 01:47:09 PM »
Its interesting and maybe im reading too much into it, but whenever we lost last season, Smith seemed reasonably calm. Ive personally thought he’s loojed really rattled in interviews after the last two games.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #15069 on: October 23, 2021, 01:59:12 PM »
Its interesting and maybe im reading too much into it, but whenever we lost last season, Smith seemed reasonably calm. Ive personally thought he’s loojed really rattled in interviews after the last two games.
His interview last night reminded me of Lambert.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #15070 on: October 23, 2021, 02:38:11 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #15071 on: October 23, 2021, 02:39:36 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

It's got a feeling of the 'beginning of the end' to me.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 02:41:15 PM by edgysatsuma89 »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #15072 on: October 23, 2021, 03:05:47 PM »

My thoughts exactly.

That’s all of them. Garde, Sherwood, TSM2, Bruce and now Smith. They all talk utter bollocks as the walls close in around them. Nobody will ever outdo Lambert for that, but Dean Smith blaming players, talking nonsense about systems as he changes what he has been committed mid game shows he’s losing the plot. I just hope someone puts him out of his misery before we all fall out with him. He’s still one of us and I would hate to see us have a bitter taste when discussing him in the future.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #15073 on: October 23, 2021, 03:25:46 PM »
It's a shame but if he's lost a number of the players it's hard to come back from.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #15074 on: October 23, 2021, 03:28:04 PM »
Is it worth merging these Smith threads?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal