collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522332 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #13575 on: June 07, 2021, 09:45:01 AM »
Long way to go before I start making any predictions of top 6. Lets get a squad in this summer that can cope with a few injuries first, and then see what the teams above us do in the transfer market. 10 points more would have got us 6th on last season so that's gettable. Of the team above us.

Leeds - You'd think they may drop back a bit after being last season's surprise package but you never know with Biesla. Probably won't be on a spending spree
West Ham - gotta be the one team we should overhaul. Won't be spending big
Everton - they have the money, have they the manager?
Tottenham/Arsenal - both of them seem in a long drawn out decline. if they decide to back their managers they could block our progress. You'd think the penny would drop that they're in danger of being overtaken but with their owners who knows.
Leicester- should stay above us with a fit first team but vardy's nearly finished, a few injures or big transfers out who knows. Rumoured to be after Tammy which would pose a problem.

All these teams we should be looking to finish above next season. I'm not saying it will happen - things will never always go according to plan - but that should be the aim.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13576 on: June 07, 2021, 09:54:30 AM »
Win a trophy, everything sorted, everybody happy.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #13577 on: June 07, 2021, 09:55:38 AM »
Tottenham with a fit Kane and Son will always be hard to finish above. If they lose Kane though, I can really see them struggling. Arsenal are a nothing midtable team these days, and West Ham could just as easily have a relegation threatened season as repeat their top 6 heroics, especially with Europe to occupy them. Top 6 has to be the aim this year, no excuses.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #13578 on: June 07, 2021, 10:06:49 AM »
I think all the top four will improve so breaking into that elite will be more difficult, though not completely impossible.

All the other sides that finished above us are catchable, though. We would likely have finished at least seventh if Grealish stayed fit.

Buendia creates extra space for Super Jack, and means we hopefully wouldn't miss him so much in the worst case scenario of another lengthy spell out injured.

Top six and/or a trophy, please, Villa.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #13579 on: June 07, 2021, 10:43:47 AM »
Spurs will either have no money or no Kane. I feel for them.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #13580 on: June 07, 2021, 10:44:23 AM »

I fucking don't :)

UTV
The Doc

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #13581 on: June 07, 2021, 10:56:18 AM »

Spurs will have no Kane and still no money. It's reported Spurs have the highest debt in European football at £1.17billion.
Now you can feel for them (or not).

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #13582 on: June 07, 2021, 11:00:34 AM »

Spurs will have no Kane and still no money. It's reported Spurs have the highest debt in European football at £1.17billion.

Now that is a shame. I love their commitment to glory.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #13583 on: June 07, 2021, 11:04:42 AM »
How the hell did they end up owing that much. Is the new stadium gold plated?

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #13584 on: June 07, 2021, 11:09:50 AM »

Now that is a shame. I love their commitment to glory.

Audere est Facere!

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's working out for them.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #13585 on: June 07, 2021, 11:25:23 AM »
A big hole in their stadium plan will be the reduction in the NFL games in the UK for the next couple of years. The ultimate ambition was to get a team there. That's not going to happen any time soon.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #13586 on: June 07, 2021, 11:32:43 AM »
I don't think West Ham will have such a good season as last season this time around.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #13587 on: June 07, 2021, 12:17:07 PM »
Long way to go before I start making any predictions of top 6. Lets get a squad in this summer that can cope with a few injuries first, and then see what the teams above us do in the transfer market. 10 points more would have got us 6th on last season so that's gettable. Of the team above us.

Leeds - You'd think they may drop back a bit after being last season's surprise package but you never know with Biesla. Probably won't be on a spending spree
West Ham - gotta be the one team we should overhaul. Won't be spending big
Everton - they have the money, have they the manager?
Tottenham/Arsenal - both of them seem in a long drawn out decline. if they decide to back their managers they could block our progress. You'd think the penny would drop that they're in danger of being overtaken but with their owners who knows.
Leicester- should stay above us with a fit first team but vardy's nearly finished, a few injures or big transfers out who knows. Rumoured to be after Tammy which would pose a problem.
Depending on how the summer goes ...

Minimum: We shouldn't lose ground on any sides below us (allowing for one club having a freakishly good season - West Ham this year, Sheffield Utd the season before).  That, plus a top half finish.
Satisfactory season: 8th place.
Good season: 6th/7th place or win a cup (and finish bottom half, but not in danger of relegation)
Amazing season: 4th/5th place or win a cup (and finish top half)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #13588 on: June 07, 2021, 12:29:03 PM »
Depends on whether a ‘satisfactory’ or even ‘good’ season will be enough for us to keep our best player/s.  It’s looking good at the moment re transfers with Emi#2 and Ward-Prouse potentially.  The hope is that it continues and translates into a ‘great’ season. 

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #13589 on: June 07, 2021, 01:32:19 PM »
I don't think winning a cup should be considered enough to offset a finish lower than this season.

Minimum is top half, no concessions.
Good is top 6.

A cup win or even a final would be great on top of that would be fantastic but the momentum of moving up the league is what really matters for next season. Remember it's a world cup year so lots of players will be moving next year as a result of that. Winning the league cup would be good but wouldn't give us the chance to go after players who'd stood out in the tournament or who were moving to ensure a place in their international squads afterwards. Top 6 would mean we'd be a serious chance for champions league places the year after and that's when the world class options start to become viable.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal