collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1545314 times)

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #8535 on: July 01, 2020, 11:00:47 PM »
Not just that, West Ham had something about them tonight. We would concede that penalty and collapse and lose the game 3-0. We have no battling qualities at all, no nouse to shut down a top 6 teams major threats and certainly in no way savvy enough to go and win a game like that 3-2. We deserve to go down because we’ve been fucking garbage since the turn of the year and even worse since the restart.

Based on what? We've not conceded any penalties, we've not conceded 3. We're the only team in the bottom 5 to have kept a clean sheet, the only team in the bottom 5 to have taken points in two games, and we have the best 'restart' goal difference of the bottom 5. West Ham scored 3 today, and theirs is still -3.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #8536 on: July 01, 2020, 11:03:24 PM »
Not just that, West Ham had something about them tonight. We would concede that penalty and collapse and lose the game 3-0. We have no battling qualities at all, no nouse to shut down a top 6 teams major threats and certainly in no way savvy enough to go and win a game like that 3-2. We deserve to go down because we’ve been fucking garbage since the turn of the year and even worse since the restart.

Based on what? We've not conceded any penalties, we've not conceded 3. We're the only team in the bottom 5 to have kept a clean sheet, the only team in the bottom 5 to have taken points in two games, and we have the best 'restart' goal difference of the bottom 5. West Ham scored 3 today, and theirs is still -3.
Can’t believe we are in the relegation zone.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #8537 on: July 01, 2020, 11:08:02 PM »
I know where we are, but I'm of the opinion that so far we've been the least shit of the bottom 5 overall, and we've not looked like utterly capitulating in any of our last 4.

Offline mcgrath_85

« Reply #8538 on: July 01, 2020, 11:12:17 PM »
I know where we are, but I'm of the opinion that so far we've been the least shit of the bottom 5 overall, and we've not looked like utterly capitulating in any of our last 4.

You’re on a different planet mate.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #8539 on: July 01, 2020, 11:16:44 PM »
I’d say having just beatenChelsea, a top six side who absolutely schooled us, West Ham look the least shit of the bottom 5 so far.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #8540 on: July 01, 2020, 11:17:06 PM »
You only have to look at how we played against Chelsea to West Ham tonight to get an idea how equipped we are for the fight. We need to show the same levels of commitment otherwise there is no chance of getting the points we need.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #8541 on: July 01, 2020, 11:27:34 PM »
I’d say having just beatenChelsea, a top six side who absolutely schooled us, West Ham look the least shit of the bottom 5 so far.

By that reckoning, taking into account performances against Newcastle, we're much better than Bournemouth.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #8542 on: July 01, 2020, 11:29:57 PM »
That was the worst I've seen Chelsea play since they had Doug Rougvie in their side.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #8543 on: July 01, 2020, 11:33:16 PM »

By that reckoning, taking into account performances against Newcastle, we're much better than Bournemouth.

The Dog and Duck are better than Bournemouth!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8544 on: July 01, 2020, 11:35:12 PM »
If The Dog and Duck were hovering just above Villa in the table, Chelsea would lose to them.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #8545 on: July 01, 2020, 11:53:23 PM »

Based on no wins in 4 since restart. Based on one win in 11. Based on two goals since restart both scored by defenders. Based on our capitulation against any team with a bit of a plan. Based on the fact we’re 19th. Based on.....I could go on but can’t be arsed

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #8546 on: July 01, 2020, 11:56:21 PM »
I only saw the second half but apart from the first ten minutes, Chelsea dominated just like they did against us. West Ham were penned in for long periods. It did take direct set pieces for Chelsea to score but they were doing all the footballing, with West Ham reliant on the big man up front.

The winner was excellent target man play but shocking defending from Alonso and Rudiger. I don't know why defenders get a free pass for staying on the pitch and not being substituted when playing poorly. Rudiger struggled against Antonio all night but Lampard's tinkering was only from an attacking point of view.

If Jota scores his shot at the end of our game against Chelsea we would have been praising our team's resilience. Doesn't alter the fact that Chelsea were by far the better team, just as they were the better side tonight but a shit bit of defending and, in fairness an astute substitution from Moyes, made the difference.

Dean should be showing that winner to Davis and El Ghazi, that's how you play when you're on the counter attack.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #8547 on: July 02, 2020, 12:33:51 AM »
Haven’t us and wet spam now picked up the most number of points out of the bottom five since the restart?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #8548 on: July 02, 2020, 12:55:38 AM »
Haven’t us and wet spam now picked up the most number of points out of the bottom five since the restart?
Don't think so.  We've only got 2 and they got 3 just from tonight.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8549 on: July 02, 2020, 12:59:15 AM »
Watford have two, same as us. Nul points so far for Bournemouth and Norwich since the restart.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal