collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by WassallVillain
[Today at 01:54:03 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 01:50:22 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 01:43:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:30:57 PM]

Re: Aston Villa Leisure Centre by Pete3206
[Today at 01:30:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522108 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #5130 on: December 08, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
Absolutely brainless from Dean today. Terrible decisions from start to finish.

Agree, this one is squarely on Dean. Konsa over Engels, Mings playing injured, Elmo over Guilbert, another 90 minutes for Wesley, McGinn looking knackered and fed up.

Leicester are a good side on a great run and they may have had too much for us anyway, but Dean’s decisions before and during the game turned a difficult task into an impossible one. He let the players down today.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5131 on: December 08, 2019, 06:45:07 PM »
There didn't seem any spirit at all in the team today.  Our players were having little niggles at each other all game, and berating each other after mis-placed passes etc.  That clearly fed through to the crowd, as there was hardly a single song sung in the entire game by the home fans.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #5132 on: December 08, 2019, 06:49:54 PM »
There didn't seem any spirit at all in the team today.  Our players were having little niggles at each other all game, and berating each other after mis-placed passes etc.  That clearly fed through to the crowd, as there was hardly a single song sung in the entire game by the home fans.
Not even a " Have you won the European Cup"? ;)

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #5133 on: December 08, 2019, 06:51:53 PM »

The early season optimism has gone and the cold reality of a long hard winter scrapping for points is upon us. I’ve never seen the crowd so flat.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #5134 on: December 08, 2019, 07:06:46 PM »

The early season optimism has gone and the cold reality of a long hard winter scrapping for points is upon us. I’ve never seen the crowd so flat.

At least half the crowd had left by the time the final whistle went.  The Witton was virtually empty, apart from the away fans.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #5135 on: December 08, 2019, 07:09:40 PM »
I heard a loud chant of 'Your support is fucking shit!' on the telly and the accents were distinctly duckie. What a contrast to the balmy nights of Everton and er...

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5136 on: December 08, 2019, 08:31:23 PM »

At least half the crowd had left by the time the final whistle went.  The Witton was virtually empty, apart from the away fans.

I left with 10 minutes to go today. I don't think I have ever left that long before the end of the game.

It was just horrible viewing - the ground was moribund, they were infinitely better than us - if they'd scored 7 it wouldn't have been an unfair reflection of the game - and our players just looked like they'd given in.

SJM was getting arsey, kicking the ball away that time when something went against him, several of them looked entirely unbothered (Targett, Luiz, Wesley - who also looked absolutely shit), it was just depressing viewing.

I understand all the "OMG! This time last year we were getting battered by Studley Paper Boys XI!!11!!" posts, but really, look at the table, it does not lie.

Good performances here, there are worth nothing if you do not come away with points, and we do not do that anywhere near enough.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5137 on: December 08, 2019, 08:38:19 PM »
We've spent £150 million to be 17th on goal difference.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #5138 on: December 08, 2019, 08:38:55 PM »
Same here. Domino effect after the last goal and I thought fuck it, got to drive back to Bristol, and I had my 9 yo who looked like I’d just made her sit through a programme about Mesopotamian ceramics on bbc4. Bollocks to that.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5139 on: December 08, 2019, 08:39:58 PM »
So if the table doesn't lie does that mean we're definitely not going to be relegated?  :P

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #5140 on: December 08, 2019, 08:44:03 PM »
We've spent £150 million to be 17th on goal difference.

Have you seen what Everton have spent to be two points above us?

Bournemouth have also spent a huge amount in last few seasons considering they only get 10k.

West Ham have a 100m forward line that dosen't score many goals atm.

In isolation we have spent lots but most of it has been on potential rather than established internationals which is ultimately what a newly promoted team will do unless you have special connections like Wolves do.

People forgetting that established prem clubs also spend similar amounts so to me it dosen't hold much argument. Much more debatable in the MON days when we were one of the highest spending net teams over 3 year period and still people didn't think that was enough.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #5141 on: December 08, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »
Hold steady

That was the best side we’ve faced this season and we were very much second best. Our season won’t be defined by results against the best in the league.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #5142 on: December 08, 2019, 08:49:20 PM »
Some really ridiculous comments in here. Never left early, subdued crowd, team spirit etc etc. Do people really think this is worse than 15/16 and 3 or 4 seasons leading up to that? Get a grip please.
We have lost two games of late  big deal. We had 4 points from 2 games before that. It's amazing how quickly people turn.

Offline tricky59

« Reply #5143 on: December 08, 2019, 08:51:29 PM »
Hold steady

That was the best side we’ve faced this season and we were very much second best. Our season won’t be defined by results against the best in the league.

Hold steady, PW?
Wrong forum for that it seems.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #5144 on: December 08, 2019, 09:08:26 PM »
Dean needs to develop more variation in his tactics. He has one style and if it doesn’t worked we’re fucked. He made some dreadful decisions today.

The midfield isn’t balanced right either, they neither give us defensive strength nor creative go forward.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal