collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522520 times)

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2018, 08:06:10 PM »
What do we sing at him? Two syllables make it a bit tricky...
This of course!

That’s marvellous  :)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2018, 08:08:57 PM »
I think it will soon become clear that we've been run prehistorically for years.

I've said many times on here, the day we start seeing regularly a good Villa side we'll wonder how we put up with so much crap for so long. There must be youngsters on here and within our fanbase that have only witnessed shit football. Finally we get to join the 21st century, it's long overdue.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2018, 08:16:43 PM »
I think it will soon become clear that we've been run prehistorically for years.

I've said many times on here, the day we start seeing regularly a good Villa side we'll wonder how we put up with so much crap for so long. There must be youngsters on here and within our fanbase that have only witnessed shit football. Finally we get to join the 21st century, it's long overdue.

Yep, my lad is one of those youngsters. All he's known is utter garbage. I'm hoping this is just the start!

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2018, 08:33:07 PM »

Yep, my lad is one of those youngsters. All he's known is utter garbage. I'm hoping this is just the start!
Mine too. There's a whole generation of young villa fans who have only ever known us being shite. I hope and pray that this is the start of all that changing.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2018, 08:36:29 PM »

My daughter has only ever witnessed shit apart from the odd match. Don't k ow how she will take it if we become entertaining and successful. Only get a point at old Trafford...We might wish for the Bruce days again.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #650 on: October 15, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »

What is pretty gob smacking is that even in our most successful period of late, the MON years, if you only watched us at home, you' have seen mostly shit football even then, as it was the away stuff that was exciting to watch.

As discussed ad infinitum, at the time ;)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #651 on: October 15, 2018, 09:03:28 PM »
Imagine an organised football team who knows what it's doing? With the players we have, and a bit of strengthening to come in January, the second half of the season, I fancy us to do a Fulham.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #652 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:56 PM »
The Villa aeroplane is on the runway.

Jettison some of the excess baggage (I am looking at you Richards) and we might take off at the first attempt.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #653 on: October 15, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »
Imagine an organised football team who knows what it's doing? With the players we have, and a bit of strengthening to come in January, the second half of the season, I fancy us to do a Fulham.
Hope you are right  ;)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #654 on: October 15, 2018, 09:23:30 PM »
I wouldn't mind hijacking the Ryan Woods to Stoke City transfer.   Him and a decent centre back and I think we are a match for anyone. I'd like to see Woods, Grealish and McGinn as the central three midfielders.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #655 on: October 15, 2018, 09:40:34 PM »
As time goes by, I become more and more convinced that there's absolutely no way that all this can be anything other than a resounding success.

Long live the revolution, bab.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #656 on: October 15, 2018, 09:45:05 PM »

My daughter has only ever witnessed shit apart from the odd match. Don't k ow how she will take it if we become entertaining and successful. Only get a point at old Trafford...We might wish for the Bruce days again.

add my 10 year old to the list

it got to the point where i didn't even tell him we were playing some times,
 he has known nothing but Villa playing crap football week in and out

just booked tickets for Swansea at home and QPR away,
 i want him to love Villa not hate us and was scared to take him hopefully now is the time its safe to start going again
our first games this season

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #657 on: October 15, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »
I liked "I will take advice and I will take opinions but I will make my decision and when we walk out it's our decision" . A bit of Cloughie there.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:05:02 PM by olaftab »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #658 on: October 15, 2018, 10:46:57 PM »
Was reading some stuff on Dean Smith about his belief in the 4 R’s:

Receiving skills
Releasing skills
Running skills
Retention skills

What a refreshing change it will be for our players when compared to Bruce’s 4 R’s

Roll up sleeves skills
Ready to boot it long skills
Resist change skills
Ready with blame and excuse skills

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #659 on: October 15, 2018, 10:52:55 PM »
Well, if Dean Smith the Vila fan from Great Barr with John Terry by his side can't get them fired up, I don't know what can.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal