collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1522296 times)

Offline nigel

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #600 on: October 15, 2018, 02:30:28 PM »
Deano

Great interview.
Sounds proud as punch.

I think he'll have shivers down his spine when he walks out Saturday

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #601 on: October 15, 2018, 02:46:36 PM »
You have no idea what the new "strategy" was in replacing Bruce. You have seen speculation in the media about other managers the same as the rest of us. For all you know the Smith/Terry duo was their aim from day one. If you do have some inside knowledge on the new owners feel free to share it but you will be asked to provide some kind of evidence by everyone on here.
Stop it please it was just a passing comment on a discussion forum. I didn't realise I was standing up in Court:)
Stop what? I thought your comment was unnecessary and I called you on it. Why question the strategy of our new owners? None of us know what went on with the recent appointments as they conducted themselves impeccably and professionally. We should all be eternally grateful that they came along when they did because make no mistake we we're up shit creek. We should all just look forward to an exciting time for AVFC. There is no merit in looking for any negatives right now. In my opinion.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #602 on: October 15, 2018, 02:51:32 PM »
You have no idea what the new "strategy" was in replacing Bruce. You have seen speculation in the media about other managers the same as the rest of us. For all you know the Smith/Terry duo was their aim from day one. If you do have some inside knowledge on the new owners feel free to share it but you will be asked to provide some kind of evidence by everyone on here.
Stop it please it was just a passing comment on a discussion forum. I didn't realise I was standing up in Court:)

Yes, I agree. Jesus Christ.
You agree with him having a go at the very people who have saved our club from financial meltdown? Fair enough.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #603 on: October 15, 2018, 03:01:03 PM »
When the questions are largely that inane and the answers are so good - that's a very good sign.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #604 on: October 15, 2018, 03:05:24 PM »
What do we sing at him? Two syllables make it a bit tricky...

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #605 on: October 15, 2018, 03:29:39 PM »
This of course!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #606 on: October 15, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/davidanderson_1/status/1051027246109118466?s=21 Worth a read on Dean Smith Villa fans, from a Brentford fan in peace.
I have to agree with criticism of our strategy to replace Bruce. From considering Marquee names like Henry to heavyweights like Rodgers and ending up with salt of the earth smith does seem a bit strange.

Spot on.  For all anyone knows, the Smith / Terry combination might have been their preferred choice from day one and they were just waiting for the appointment of the Director of Football before announcing it.  All the rumours written in the papers regarding other managers may well have been exactly that. 

We dont even know if Henry was offered the position. As far as i can summise, we highlighted a shortlist of managers we would consider - Henry, Faria, Smith, Rodgers and Terry. We then spoke to them in order of what would appear to be (and makes complete sense) their current situation and availability. Henry was not completely committed (understandably), Faria is on a break from the sport and wasnt ready to come back,  Terry deemed to inexperienced which left Smith and Rodgers - One of whom would be a better fit and who was approached first - the rest is History.

Apart from the week long BS media speculation and betting companies swinging the odds to make money, I literally cant think of any way in which it could have been better conducted

Absolutely Matt.  We simply don't know how the hiring process was conducted or indeed who was interviewed.  The press and bookmakers were all over the place with speculations, but that doesn't mean the club were. 

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #607 on: October 15, 2018, 03:34:54 PM »
Just read his favourite band is U2...

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #608 on: October 15, 2018, 03:43:03 PM »
Just read his favourite band is U2...

Smith out

Offline luke95

« Reply #609 on: October 15, 2018, 03:49:27 PM »
Any links for the press conference for those not sky friendly ?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #610 on: October 15, 2018, 03:49:54 PM »
Its being streamed on youtube.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #611 on: October 15, 2018, 03:50:11 PM »

Offline nigel

« Reply #612 on: October 15, 2018, 03:51:09 PM »

Your one of our own
Your one of our own
Dean Smith
Your one of our own

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #613 on: October 15, 2018, 04:01:21 PM »
He used the word holistic....Bruce probably thinks that's a Croatian right back!

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #614 on: October 15, 2018, 04:15:47 PM »
D
He used the word holistic....Bruce probably thinks that's a Croatian right back!
;D ;D Great interview; came over very well.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal