collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:08:34 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by PaulWinch again
[Today at 12:07:51 PM]

Champions League Contention by john e
[Today at 12:05:05 PM]

Kaine Kesler Hayden by OCD
[Today at 12:03:34 PM]

NSWE Investment by Concrete Tom
[Today at 12:03:15 PM]

Ollie Watkins by The Edge
[Today at 11:59:39 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 11:54:44 AM]

Reserves and Academy 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 11:53:40 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1540032 times)

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #10335 on: October 02, 2020, 09:35:07 AM »
He really likes Lansbury for some reason. It defies all logic. I spoke Dean Smith in Minnesota last pre season and he was convinced Lansbury was going to surprise everyone. He was right. We are all surprised just how shit he is.

From his first appearance for us he didn't look anything like fit enough, he seemed to be out on his feet after an hour. It has never seemed to improve, he also seems to carry a little bit too much weight.

Shame as he's a decent passer of the ball.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #10336 on: October 02, 2020, 09:55:30 AM »
Training isn't 90 minutes of competitive football.

Ok lets not play Grealish, Mings, Watkins or Luiz against Liverpool as we probably wont win, and keep them for the games we might win as they might get injured!!!

Libor Kosak broke his leg twice in training, if I remember correctly

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #10337 on: October 02, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »
I honestly think Lansbury just doesn't care enough.

A couple of years ago I was told by someone close to certain players that Lansbury was more interested in partying and money and that he'd never come good.  Seems he was right.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #10338 on: October 02, 2020, 10:12:01 AM »
I think the surprise is, he had the spare keys to Ross McCormack's gates all the time.
  :D :D

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #10339 on: October 02, 2020, 01:11:31 PM »

Ok lets not play Grealish, Mings, Watkins or Luiz against Liverpool as we probably wont win, and keep them for the games we might win as they might get injured!!!

Well said TSV. Injury argument makes no sense. Was Guardiola worried about KDB and Sterling getting injured? Was Ancelotti worried about James and Calvert-Lewin being injured? No they are the winning mentality coaches. Don’t get that 5 games in 17 days issue either. Same as everybody else.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10340 on: October 02, 2020, 01:25:13 PM »

Well said TSV. Injury argument makes no sense. Was Guardiola worried about KDB and Sterling getting injured? Was Ancelotti worried about James and Calvert-Lewin being injured? No they are the winning mentality coaches. Don’t get that 5 games in 17 days issue either. Same as everybody else.

They have a bit more squad depth than we do.

Online danno

« Reply #10341 on: October 02, 2020, 01:30:24 PM »
Lansbury (or 'H' as Dean called him in the interview after the game - it did raise a wince) probably looks great in pass and move drills at Bodymoor and probably hits "top bins" for fun in shooting practice. Put him in a game where he has to actually break a sweat and be brave...well he struggles.

I'd like to believe 'H' is a veiled insult, and is mocking Lansbury's aversion to running. 'Steps' is a pretty good way to describe him.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #10342 on: October 02, 2020, 01:31:13 PM »
I thought it stood for hydrogen, which accurately describes his on-pitch presence.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #10343 on: October 02, 2020, 01:32:43 PM »
Hologram?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #10344 on: October 02, 2020, 01:38:17 PM »

They also have an actual manager with a brain. Smith isn't good enough for the Premier League yet.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #10345 on: October 02, 2020, 01:41:11 PM »

They also have an actual manager with a brain. Smith isn't good enough for the Premier League yet.

He can't attract players either.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #10346 on: October 02, 2020, 01:41:32 PM »
i do not understand the criticism of the team selection, you have to protect key players and try to keep the squad fit.
The team did not perform and we allready know that a few of them are regular non performers so no big news. Can you imagine if he had bought Jack on to get lumped by one of their agricultural players and be out for 3 weeks the constenation?
What last night proved is that there is not much depth beyond our best 11 and why we need to protect them.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #10347 on: October 02, 2020, 01:45:04 PM »
This season is very condensed. It's shit to lose a cup game but we can't afford burn out towards the end of the season. We will improve year on year, first team and replacements wise the longer we stay in the division. Last year was about staying up. This year is about stabilising and building a solid base. Next year we should have enough quality and a longer season and break to think more positively about going for cups.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10348 on: October 02, 2020, 01:45:35 PM »
i do not understand the criticism of the team selection, you have to protect key players and try to keep the squad fit.
The team did not perform and we allready know that a few of them are regular non performers so no big news. Can you imagine if he had bought Jack on to get lumped by one of their agricultural players and be out for 3 weeks the constenation?
What last night proved is that there is not much depth beyond our best 11 and why we need to protect them.

Correct.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #10349 on: October 02, 2020, 01:53:14 PM »

Correct.

Doesn't explain the Bristol game though, as Dean pointed out himself last night.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal