collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jesús García Pitarch - binned  (Read 80925 times)

Offline Brassneck

Re: Jesús García Pitarch - Confirmed as Sporting Director
« Reply #165 on: January 07, 2020, 01:23:57 PM »
Just what does this bloke actually do?
Isn't research and recruitment his domain. It is 4 & a half months since the last transfer window closed. Time enough for scouting and getting potential deals lined up for the 1st January.

Yet here we are a week in and if today's news is correct then the deeply flawed Drinkwater will be the first recruit. Taking up 1 of 2 loans allowed.
Indeed this proposed deal smacks of desperation.

Where are the 2 strikers that are an urgent priority.

If Drinkwater is the best he can do then he needs sacking with immediately effect!

Whilst it is virtually impossible to get most deals done during the first week of the January window, I am not impressed with Suso so far.

The European signings have been average at best and it stinks to high Heaven that we signed 2 payers from the same team for around £30 million, neither of whom look ready for the PL.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #166 on: January 07, 2020, 01:41:51 PM »
Isn't research and recruitment his domain. It is 4 & a half months since the last transfer window closed. Time enough for scouting and getting potential deals lined up for the 1st January.

Yet here we are a week in and if today's news is correct then the deeply flawed Drinkwater will be the first recruit. Taking up 1 of 2 loans allowed.

If Drinkwater is the best he can do then he needs sacking with immediately effect!

Whilst it is virtually impossible to get most deals done during the first week of the January window, I am not impressed with Suso so far.

The European signings have been average at best and it stinks to high Heaven that we signed 2 payers from the same team for around £30 million, neither of whom look ready for the PL.
In fairness, they couldn't have predicted McGinn, Heaton, and Wesley all suffering long term injuries right at the star of the tranfer window.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2020, 01:46:47 PM »

In fairness, they couldn't have predicted McGinn, Heaton, and Wesley all suffering long term injuries right at the star of the tranfer window.

Yes but that isn't my point.  My point being that the signings generally attributed to Suso have not been great.  They also appear to be alternatives to Smith's first choice preferences.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #168 on: January 07, 2020, 02:03:40 PM »

Yes but that isn't my point.  My point being that the signings generally attributed to Suso have not been great.  They also appear to be alternatives to Smith's first choice preferences.

Is there any evidence that this is the case?

I have no inside knowledge of our recruitment process whatsoever but has it not been fairly widely stated that all transfers are agreed/decided upon by Smith, Suso and Purslow together.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #169 on: January 07, 2020, 02:15:26 PM »
The signings we've made thus far are players who will improve.

Drinkwater is an experienced league winner, who struggles to get in to the Chelsea team, which isn't a surprise given the players they have. As for Burnley, I'd agree it hasn't gone well.

Just because you'd like a player signed at a second past midnight on New Year's Day doesn't mean it's feasible. Look at every club and note the lack of activity. The only way to try and move it quicker is to pay absolutely stupid money.

I think the majority of the signings we've made of late will go for more money than we've paid and they will get better.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #170 on: January 07, 2020, 02:18:23 PM »

Is there any evidence that this is the case?

I have no inside knowledge of our recruitment process whatsoever but has it not been fairly widely stated that all transfers are agreed/decided upon by Smith, Suso and Purslow together.

Well if it isn't the case then I'd agree with Nelson Lodge - WTF does Suso do? 

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #171 on: January 07, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »
This isn’t a window where long term targets are going to be signed.  The players that moved in the summer like Engels, Nakamba etc would not be moving mid season as you’d need to pay a premium as clubs are loathe to sell their players without replacements.

Look at it from this perspective, we have players we’d probably agree to let go if a suitable offer came in even though it’s January as they are not really in the first team picture, maybe Hogan, Lansbury or Chester for example.

We then have another group that we may want to move on and replace to improve the squad in the summer, maybe Hourihane, Taylor etc come into that bucket.  However we’d probably want more for them in this window than the summer as they’ve longer to run on their contracts and we’d need to replace with better, who in turn would cost us more for the same reason.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #172 on: January 07, 2020, 04:56:15 PM »

Both Valencia and Athletico Madrid were very successful when he was their director of football, reaching finals of European competitions.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #173 on: January 07, 2020, 05:59:25 PM »
Trust us to get a "Jesus, that can't get things nailed  on"

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2020, 05:48:07 AM »
Forgive him! For he knows not what he does.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #175 on: January 08, 2020, 08:26:06 AM »
He's travelling 24/7 at the moment to get deals done and WhatsApping Dean all the time with suitable emojis. Give him a fucking break.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #176 on: January 08, 2020, 08:51:41 AM »
This isn’t a window where long term targets are going to be signed. 

No, Barry (L) definitely isn't that.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #177 on: January 08, 2020, 05:05:59 PM »
This isn’t a window where long term targets are going to be signed. 

No, Barry (L) definitely isn't that.

Ok I accept that!
Let me rephrase; long term targets to go straight into the first team!

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #178 on: March 16, 2020, 05:41:37 PM »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2020, 05:45:12 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal