collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jesús García Pitarch - binned  (Read 81985 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Jesús García Pitarch - Confirmed as Sporting Director
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2020, 07:05:31 PM »
What has he said?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #181 on: March 16, 2020, 07:12:05 PM »
No idea.

Offline SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #182 on: March 16, 2020, 07:46:52 PM »

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #183 on: March 16, 2020, 07:52:33 PM »
Hope there is a Spanish equivalent of “dead man walking” that he is familiar with.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #184 on: March 16, 2020, 08:03:20 PM »
Daft thing to do when there's a finger that's looking for something to point at.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #185 on: March 16, 2020, 08:06:52 PM »
That link will not open for me for some reason, would some kind individual summarise it for me please?

Offline FrankyH

• GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #186 on: March 16, 2020, 08:14:03 PM »
That link will not open for me for some reason, would some kind individual summarise it for me please?

Google the line below and click the first link from the search

/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-news-suso-coronavirus-17935304   

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #187 on: March 16, 2020, 08:30:51 PM »

It's very short, typical Mail.  He says that there doesn't appear to be an appetite for any of the Premier Division clubs to be relegated.  Nothing to see here and I don't see why he's getting sacked just because he's saying what people are thinking.

Offline Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #188 on: March 16, 2020, 08:42:04 PM »

It's very short, typical Mail.  He says that there doesn't appear to be an appetite for any of the Premier Division clubs to be relegated.  Nothing to see here and I don't see why he's getting sacked just because he's saying what people are thinking.

It is the reply from AVFC that is significant, saying that this is his personal opinion and nothing to do with the club. Normally a club will support one of its senior employees.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #189 on: March 16, 2020, 08:50:14 PM »

It is the reply from AVFC that is significant, saying that this is his personal opinion and nothing to do with the club. Normally a club will support one of its senior employees.

It also feeds the narrative with the other clubs that clubs like he likes of West Ham and now us just want to shirk what's coming our way.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #190 on: March 16, 2020, 09:11:11 PM »
Thanks all.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2020, 12:08:29 AM »
He has followed Karen Brady's lead on this one and wants promotion and relegation suspended this season. I am sure the powers that be of all the relegation threatened PL clubs would agree. Just as the Champions elect Liverpool and the clubs on course for next seasons European places would suggest just the opposite regarding the top of the table.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2020, 12:18:28 AM »
Aston Villa have distanced themselves from comments made by Jesus Garcia Pitarch in a damning statement issued about the sporting director.

Pitarch - also known as Suso - conducted a rare interview with Spanish media this week about the potential impact the coronavirus could have on the Premier League.

In the interview, with newspaper Cope, he claimed there is a consensus among top-flight clubs that no sides will be relegated this season.

He said: “If the peak of the coronavirus is to occur in May, no one thinks of a competition in which players, coaches, health personnel of the club will continue to appear every day, there are clubs that do not see an option that the competition possibly resumes on June 30.

"The most reasonable solution if the League has to be stopped is that there are no relegations. There is a certain unanimity that there should be no relegations."

He also said that Liverpool must be crowned as champions if it is not possible to fulfil the remaining nine fixtures becuase of the Covid-19 outbreak.

The 20 top-flight clubs are due to meet later this week to hold talks over what should happen next with matches already having been postponed until early April.

And amid what is an unprecedented situation, Villa have released a short statement in response to Pitarch’s comments.

It said: “The views attributed to Mr Garcia Pitarch in the Spanish media are not those of Aston Villa. Now is not the time to be speculating about future arrangements for Premier League football this season."

Pitarch's position at Villa is thought to be at risk with Dean Smith's side in 19th place after a summer of heavy investment in the transfer market.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2020, 12:40:56 AM »
He's said aloud what Paul Barber (Brighton CEO) wouldn't admit on TV on Saturday.

His position is in trouble regardless with the botched January transfer window anyway. Same for DS.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2020, 12:43:10 AM »
He has spoken out of turn, this is not his responsibility and I would suggest that the Club wants to control the narrative and not have someone shooting their mouth off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal