collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jesús García Pitarch - binned  (Read 80903 times)

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Jesús García Pitarch - Confirmed as Sporting Director
« Reply #135 on: December 08, 2019, 09:37:29 PM »
I actually think we’ve recruited well given the amount of players and the budget. We’re just a quality CF short.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #136 on: December 08, 2019, 10:38:35 PM »
I actually think we’ve recruited well given the amount of players and the budget. We’re just a quality CF short.
Let's go through them all 15 games in, ignoring the guys who were on loan last season

Wesley - disaster, poorly scouted and completely unsuited to the critical role he was brought him to perform
Luiz - clearly has talent but given he is struggling to keep Hourihane or even Lansbury out of the side, it says a lot
Targett - decent v Newcastle, or average sides when we dominate possession, but very poor for the price paid. Snail like
Konsa - clearly has potential but horrible ball watching habit needs urgent correcting
Nakamba - decent enough I guess for the price paid and can improve further
Trez - stats aren't bad but ability wise looks decidedly average
Heaton - decent shotsopper but his glue like addiction to his goal line doesn't help matters
Engels - very decent defender, lack of pace aside,
Jota - cheap but a lazy signing, not and will never be up to the required standard
Guilbert - quality signing, especially given the price

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2019, 10:43:46 PM »
How on earth is he struggling to keep Lansbury out the team? Lansbury has made 5 sub appearances in the league and Luiz started 4 of those games.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2019, 10:44:05 PM »
Seems to me that no focus on overseas recruitment rather than home leagues .
Players right in front of eyes could be bought or looked at but options have come from abroad.
I actually like the majority of signings however it makes the task ultra difficult with moulding and incorporating the players and team to adapt to new ways of life let alone playing.

That needs to be considered .
Players coming from around uk and may not even having to move or players having to come to new country.
By all means love that 2 Brazilian were signed however it's very make or break and strategic .
Business investment seems too high an agenda at times.
Its getting right balance because we all know what happend with last owner. (And others)

I just hope Suso has some understanding of what it takes for premier league.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2019, 10:47:56 PM »
Also I think Smith being unable to land Maupay speaks to how much his input has .

Instead we had a Suso recommendation for new striker.
Smith isn't the say on the money and why would he have not wanted Maupay.
I think this Suso has his say and came up with a record Brazilian signing .

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2019, 10:52:47 PM »
How on earth is he struggling to keep Lansbury out the team? Lansbury has made 5 sub appearances in the league and Luiz started 4 of those games.

Lansbury was first man on at Old Trafford

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2019, 10:57:15 PM »

Second man on, and Lansbury replaced Conor. Luiz played the full game, so again, how is Luiz struggling to keep Lansbury out the team?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2019, 11:00:03 PM »
I think a decent Centre forward and we'd have at least 4 more points and 6+ places higher in the league, that'd end the conversation.

I still think all of our signing have done ok to well when you consider the money we spent - $120mill across 12 players.

Offline brontebilly

« Reply #143 on: December 08, 2019, 11:06:47 PM »

Second man on, and Lansbury replaced Conor. Luiz played the full game, so again, how is Luiz struggling to keep Lansbury out the team?

My mind playing tricks on me re Lansbury evidently...

Not so re Hourihane, general point still stands, Luiz has been a disappointment thus far. Fitness, aggression and attitude are not to the required standard yet.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2019, 11:13:26 PM »
Luiz’s issue is around fit. We’ve got an abundance of midfielders who can do a bit of everything and like playing centrally. Considering we were building around JG and SJM, both of whom have stepped up just as well as expected in the PL, we were crying out for proper wide players and a proper play spoiling defensive midfielder to get the best out of them. Instead we’ve got them both playing out of their favoured positions and SJM looking frustrated.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2019, 06:07:43 AM »
Nakamba is the defensive destroyer to go with Grealish and McGinn in centre midfield, and I think that would work damn well.....if the 2 wide men and CF were good enough but they aint.

The problem with this team and why we find ourselves dragged into a survival dogfight instead of comfortably mid table and safe is Wesley and Trezeguet/El Ghazi are not good enough.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2019, 07:50:16 AM »
Nakamba is the defensive destroyer to go with Grealish and McGinn in centre midfield, and I think that would work damn well.....if the 2 wide men and CF were good enough but they aint.

The problem with this team and why we find ourselves dragged into a survival dogfight instead of comfortably mid table and safe is Wesley and Trezeguet/El Ghazi are not good enough.

I think you’re right, we can moan all we like about defence and midfield, we have the squad to fix that, our biggest problems are up front and out wide, Wes is struggling with no adequate back up, Trez hasn’t settled, Jota has been injured and AEG is at his frustrating unreliable best. Pushing Grealish forwards helps paper over the cracks as we can play another midfielder where we have some depth but we are severely lacking up front and out wide.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2019, 09:37:46 AM »
We're doing about as well as a side promoted through the play-offs should be expected to have done. Our goal difference isn't bad. We've been on the end of a couple of nasty results, Leicester, City, Wolves and been very close in other games, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool. And we've had a couple of really good wins too, Everton, Newcastle, Norwich.

To me that evidences that we have a good part to play in this league. We're not out of our depth and it shows we're a new side.

All these signings are playing to a relatively decent standard, some have had great moments, some not as good, but it's all about a team having time to gel. We've bought for the future, and with players who can get better remember, these buys aren't players who are supposed to be there already but who can get better.

Time will tell but the signs are there.

I think a couple could do with a rest.

Overall I'm happy with what we've bought.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2019, 10:13:11 AM »
We're doing about as well as a side promoted through the play-offs should be expected to have done. Our goal difference isn't bad. We've been on the end of a couple of nasty results, Leicester, City, Wolves and been very close in other games, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool. And we've had a couple of really good wins too, Everton, Newcastle, Norwich.

To me that evidences that we have a good part to play in this league. We're not out of our depth and it shows we're a new side.

All these signings are playing to a relatively decent standard, some have had great moments, some not as good, but it's all about a team having time to gel. We've bought for the future, and with players who can get better remember, these buys aren't players who are supposed to be there already but who can get better.

Time will tell but the signs are there.

I think a couple could do with a rest.

Overall I'm happy with what we've bought.

pretty much spot on. The first half of the season was always going to be tough because we had so little experience. Lets not forget the only player outside of defence who had ever played in the premier league before the season started was Grealish and behind them you only have Heaton, Elmo, Taylor and Chester with more than a handful of appearances.

We need to step up in the next 4 games, that much is clear but 7-8 points wouldn't be a shock given how we play against the bottom half sides and then things look a lot healthier going into the window.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »
I think we'll struggle to get anything away at Sheffield United.  They're playing well and have a better manager, and a well organised squad.  After that, we should beat Southampton and Norwich, but don't think Watford will be a walk in the park.  I can see a loss against Sheffield, draw against Southampton, win against Norwich and draw against Watford.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal