collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by TaxDodger
[Today at 10:39:55 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by AV84
[Today at 10:32:01 AM]

Champions League Contention by Dave P
[Today at 10:31:00 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Drummond
[Today at 10:29:27 AM]

Robin Olsen by Goldenballs
[Today at 10:28:09 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Ads
[Today at 10:04:48 AM]

Ollie Watkins by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:42:08 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by PeterWithe
[Today at 09:31:35 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jesús García Pitarch - binned  (Read 82077 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Jesús García Pitarch - Confirmed as Sporting Director
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2019, 04:44:07 PM »
Dare I say it, but this is starting to feel like what a Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City fan must have felt like over the last however many years.  Luiz looks like the real deal, a proper top 4 kind of player.

My initial gut reaction is that Wesley might be too, but it is very early days.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »
Dare I say it, but this is starting to feel like what a Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City fan must have felt like over the last however many years.  Luiz looks like the real deal, a proper top 4 kind of player.

Agreed.

Offline colin69

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2019, 04:58:38 PM »
I think the recruitment has been superb.....however I thought that when we bought all those French players.

I do think we are in good hands now though and cannot wait to take my seat at Villa Park this coming season.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2019, 04:58:46 PM »
Expand the stadium. It’s not going to be big enough.

Cracking job Richard! And Dean!

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2019, 05:35:32 PM »
Well he's definitely got the business done very efficiently. We won't really know if it's the right business (in the main) until they get into competitive action, but it's certainly encouraging.

That's where I am.

Cautiously hopeful

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2019, 05:35:53 PM »
I think the recruitment has been superb.....however I thought that when we bought all those French players.

I do think we are in good hands now though and cannot wait to take my seat at Villa Park this coming season.

Difference is we had clowns running the club and a massive fucking bell end as manager.

Offline kieron

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2019, 06:01:28 PM »
Live to know his budget that was given !

https://egyptindependent.com/forbes-billionaire-sawiris-net-worth-soars-to-7-9-billion/

"Budget, Jesus? What budget?"

Not forgetting Wes' paltry $2bn of course.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
Live to know his budget that was given !

Up to Ł200m was what someone told me at the time Purslow and Deano were doing interviews about summer plans. We ain't done yet I reckon!

Offline colin69

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2019, 06:57:10 PM »

Difference is we had clowns running the club and a massive fucking bell end as manager.

Very true....

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2019, 07:37:31 PM »

It turns out those French players weren't half bad. They arrived into a complete shitshow and unsurprisingly sunk without trace. Veretout I'm not surprised with, even in that season he showed flashes of his ability. Gueye used play well for about an hour before a mistake or two would have him down tools.

This time it appears like guys have been bought as part of a coherent plan. That's the big change. Still no guarantee of success mind you, all our signings are completely unproven at the level they are stepping up to.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2019, 08:01:07 PM »

It turns out those French players weren't half bad. They arrived into a complete shitshow and unsurprisingly sunk without trace. Veretout I'm not surprised with, even in that season he showed flashes of his ability. Gueye used play well for about an hour before a mistake or two would have him down tools.

This time it appears like guys have been bought as part of a coherent plan. That's the big change. Still no guarantee of success mind you, all our signings are completely unproven at the level they are stepping up to.

right players wrong manager and club set up

Offline Damo70

« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2019, 11:25:15 AM »

right players wrong manager and club set up

Generally speaking yes, but a couple of 'wrong' players too to throw into the equation.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2019, 11:28:15 AM »
Rudy Gestede for example.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2019, 12:23:27 PM »
Wasn't there a mix of strategies (no coherent, joined up plan) with some of the signings being Sherwood's.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »
Wasn't there a mix of strategies (no coherent, joined up plan) with some of the signings being Sherwood's.

Yes. Weren't Richards and Lescott Sherwood signings?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal