collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Faria or Henry  (Read 15860 times)

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Faria or Henry
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2018, 11:41:33 AM »
Henry.

Faria acts like even more of a petulant child on the touchline than Mourinho does.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2018, 11:45:21 AM »
To be honest I feel anyone would be a gamble with our basket case of a squad. I’m sure since these players have been in our first team they have not been coached at all.

The newer players fresh from another side with structures might fair better. Our longer serving first teams might wonder what the fuck is going on, after all, all they have had to do is pull up their socks and roll their sleeves back.
Didn't they realise they had to put their boots on ?
It would be easy to improve the attack and midfield as the coaching seems to have been so negligent .

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »
I'd like Dean Smith with Terry as assistant.

But if it's Henry instead of Smith, with a proper support network and drumming some sort of fucking playing style into this club, then I'll back this 100%.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2018, 11:49:32 AM »
Henry would be a gamble, would we get a Cruyff or a Sherwood? Perhaps worth it as we have got to get it right one time ... haven’t we?

He can speak, he understands the game. He's not Sherwood.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2018, 11:54:10 AM »
Loads of people sound knowledgeable discussing the game. That's not the gig. Plus you've got the "accent" thing. It's amazing how ex-foreign players don't sound so clever if you imagine them speaking it in fat sam's accent.

Offline Pvb1968

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »
How's Rémi Garde doing these days...?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2018, 12:01:42 PM »
Loads of people sound knowledgeable discussing the game. That's not the gig. Plus you've got the "accent" thing. It's amazing how ex-foreign players don't sound so clever if you imagine them speaking it in fat sam's accent.

Ok, so what don't you like?

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2018, 12:16:03 PM »
Henri and Terry.

Get it done.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2018, 12:19:50 PM »

It's more an observation than an attack on Henry. There is an in-built bias with most people to take someone more seriously if they have a certain accent. It's like cantona, spent his career attacking various refs, players and spectators and speaks bollocks 24 hours a day, yet he's viewed as this artisitic gaul wit. If he spoke like robbie savage or vinny jones he'd be seen for what he is.  Football is especially bad for it. it's like the old Guiseppe Verdi thing. Joe Green doesn't sound so cultered somehow
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:24:15 PM by sickbeggar »

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2018, 12:26:50 PM »
Whoever it is I hope they don’t employ the former Chelsea number 26.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2018, 12:46:00 PM »

It's more an observation than an attack on Henry. There is an in-built bias with most people to take someone more seriously if they have a certain accent. It's like cantona, spent his career attacking various refs, players and spectators and speaks bollocks 24 hours a day, yet he's viewed as this artisitic gaul wit. If he spoke like robbie savage or vinny jones he'd be seen for what he is.  Football is especially bad for it. it's like the old Guiseppe Verdi thing. Joe Green doesn't sound so cultered somehow

Savage and Jones aren't spouting shite in a second or third language for a start.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »

nothing to do with football but anyone speaking with a French, Irish or Latino accent automatically sound more sexier

imo

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2018, 12:54:48 PM »
Whoever it is I hope they don’t employ the former Chelsea number 26.

I'm in complete agreement.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2018, 01:00:56 PM »
If it is Henry with Terry as No 2 and coming back to play, it would solve many of the worries and galvanise the squad overnight.
This!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal