collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Emi Buendia - Injured by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:36:55 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by paul_e
[Today at 07:35:05 PM]

MOTD by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:32:05 PM]

FFP by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 07:26:55 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by RamboandBruno
[Today at 07:23:20 PM]

Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:23:03 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:22:17 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 07:12:50 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:36:55 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by paul_e
[Today at 07:35:05 PM]

Re: MOTD by martin o`who??
[Today at 07:32:05 PM]

Re: FFP by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 07:26:55 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by RamboandBruno
[Today at 07:23:20 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:23:03 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:22:17 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by The Moose
[Today at 07:21:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Millwall 2-1 Abject Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 24142 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Millwall 2-1 Abject Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2018, 07:37:01 PM »
I think KMac gave up any ambitions to be a first team manager a long time ago. He’s in a no win position having again been asked to hold the ship steady for a couple of games. Under the circimstances he deserves a break from the vitriol

If I remember correctly he was accused of systematic and vindictive bullying a few years ago.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2018, 07:37:50 PM »
Whilst I did post that the keepers and defence are shit, what I will say is so are Albion's and they're 2nd. Johnstone is a decent keeper but their central defensive pairing is Bartley and Hegazi, shite. Only one clean sheet so far this season but they've simply outscored teams. We may very well have to do the same and we have got the forward players to do it. Get pace and width in the team, coach them properly and we'll score goals for fun.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2018, 07:40:40 PM »

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2018, 07:41:12 PM »
I think KMac gave up any ambitions to be a first team manager a long time ago. He’s in a no win position having again been asked to hold the ship steady for a couple of games. Under the circimstances he deserves a break from the vitriol

If I remember correctly he was accused of systematic and vindictive bullying a few years ago.

And yet he’s still here. Maybe the accusations went nowhere?

Offline dl9

• It all began vs Eintracht Frankfurt......
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2018, 07:41:21 PM »
Those fuckin ‘players’ should be hauled over the coals the way Bruce has been. Don’t get me wrong - the fish rots from the head first so dispensing with SB was the way to go but the worst thing about today was that they were representing Aston Villa Football Club more so than at any other point this season today and they bottled it. No one can tell me that millwall had eleven better footballers on that pitch. No chance.
They’ve done fuck all under Bruce this season and they did fuck all today without him. All should be hanging their heads in shame this evening. I knew we would lose today, I would never stick Villa in my acca to lose (which in fairness I won) but I abs knew it. Wankers.

Offline cdward

« Reply #140 on: October 06, 2018, 07:47:33 PM »
We are the only Championship team to have scored in every game this season.
The new manager doesn't have a massive job to sort this team out.
Bruce went stale this season, there seemed to be no drive and determination.
 All we need is some proper coaching, and leadership from the new management team and we will start winning again.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #141 on: October 06, 2018, 07:50:20 PM »
If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain. It's the only way I can see things at the moment

Know who said that?

Dolly Parton

And people say she’s just a big pair of tits

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2018, 07:50:25 PM »
Utter bellend on BBC Sport website: "Greg's Goals: 2018-19 average points; with Bruce: 1.44 per game. Without Bruce: 0.00 per game. Just shows how much those cabbage throwing 'fans' know about the game."

Indeed, well the mighty Bruce built this shambles and it was fan not ‘fans’. 

It was actually a steward.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2018, 08:00:45 PM »
Allardyce is the best shit option and today has made me think perhaps we do just need an old fashioned safe pair of hands (which Bruce wasn’t). It’s depressing to be thinking that way though.   
Let’s not panic just yet. That’s the thinking that got us saddled with Bruce. We’ve all said we need to rebuild and now is the time, two years too late admittedly. But in my view Allardyce would be an almost sideways move and it would end as it always ends with him and we would need to start again.

See above. Also, I’m not panicking thanks.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2018, 08:01:02 PM »
Feel sorry for the fans.Wolves taking the piss out of us at Marylebone.How low have we gone?

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2018, 08:01:10 PM »
If you want the rainbow you've got to put up with the rain. It's the only way I can see things at the moment

Know who said that?

Dolly Parton

And people say she’s just a big pair of tits

Well..........lets be a tad little bit honest about those bad boys.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2018, 08:05:35 PM »
Feel sorry for the fans.Wolves taking the piss out of us at Marylebone.How low have we gone?

Normal service will resume at some point. And revenge is a dish best served cold

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2018, 08:08:23 PM »

The little dog can keep nipping away at the big dog.

But one day the big dog will bite back.

Online AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2018, 08:11:11 PM »

The little dog can keep nipping away at the big dog.

But one day the big dog will bite back.
But in  the meantime it fucking sucks

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2018, 08:14:38 PM »
Those fuckin ‘players’ should be hauled over the coals the way Bruce has been. Don’t get me wrong - the fish rots from the head first so dispensing with SB was the way to go but the worst thing about today was that they were representing Aston Villa Football Club more so than at any other point this season today and they bottled it. No one can tell me that millwall had eleven better footballers on that pitch. No chance.
They’ve done fuck all under Bruce this season and they did fuck all today without him. All should be hanging their heads in shame this evening. I knew we would lose today, I would never stick Villa in my acca to lose (which in fairness I won) but I abs knew it. Wankers.

Completely agree, Millwall were utterly shite and still won comfortably.

Nyland 5 - dreadful decision to sign this guy, miles out of his depth and no physical presence, not at fault for either goal though
Bree 5 - some positive signs on the ball in the second half but bullied in the air in the build up to their second goal, needs to harden up a lot
Tuanzebe 4 - a really poor defender, very soft physically and stinking attitude, Bruce doing a favour for his old club and we are paying for it, one Id be letting go in Jan for definite.
Hutton 5 - going to cut him some slack, lets just say left sided centre back aint his position
Taylor 0 - shouldnt play for club again, diabolical for the first goal, fell on his arse for the second, woeful throughout, a piss taking clown
Elmo 5 - not his position but tried hard, created chance for Bree, not much more you can say
Bjarnsson 4 - useless, one paced, no positional sense
McGinn 3 - has been obvious for a few weeks now that he needs a break, that needs to happen asap. should have been hooked at break. tidy player on the ball like a few we have, but limitations without it are killing us. complete and utter passenger
Hourihane 4 - lightweight, completely one sided, no heart. another assist though
Grealish 6 - very good for first 60 mins but completely threw in towel for last 30 mins with self indulgent balls out of play, taking five touches when one would do. He had to drop deep though given how poor our midfield was
Abraham 4 - lovely finish for goal but another one with a very suspect attitude, Lee Gregory showed him how a forward can play

Bolasie and Kodjia - cant remember either having much of a kick. Kodjia is one of the first Id be getting rid of in January, a bad egg and legs are gone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal