collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 654029 times)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #1470 on: October 14, 2019, 09:29:43 AM »
Man United can fuck off and so can the trolling Evening Mail.
Well said on both counts. BM is supposed to be a local paper supporting local clubs so why are they instigating this story? Probably got MU supporting journos in their ranks. Fuck the BM and fuck MU.

Surely newspapers should be reporting rather than supporting, unless it's a paid-for advertising feature

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1471 on: October 14, 2019, 09:41:26 AM »
I'm so delighted for John scoring a hat-rick.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1472 on: October 14, 2019, 10:07:14 AM »
Well said on both counts. BM is supposed to be a local paper supporting local clubs so why are they instigating this story? Probably got MU supporting journos in their ranks. Fuck the BM and fuck MU.

Surely newspapers should be reporting rather than supporting, unless it's a paid-for advertising feature

It's not the lack of support I object to, it's more the general going out of their way to annoy Villa fans with non-stories and blatant trolling. Example would be when they interviewed an ex-Liverpool player who had never played for any of our local clubs. It may have been Whelan, I forget. The gist of the article was: why Villa should sell their best player to Liverpool.

Can you imagine the Liverpool Echo running an interview with Dennis Wise trying to undermine Liverpool and saying that Gerrard should sign for Chelsea?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 10:09:49 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1473 on: October 14, 2019, 10:17:37 AM »

But they are not supporting or reporting. They are actively creating a story from nothing which could easily upset McGinns form and that of the team. The local team. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 11:43:41 AM by The Edge »

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1474 on: October 14, 2019, 10:40:02 AM »
It’s just blatant click-bait and they re-use the stories across their multiple newspaper sites, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, etc.

Their webpages too are the biggest pile of badly designed crap too, they remind of the mid-90s internet where everything took an age to load and then froze up.

Videos playing everywhere, adverts and more clickbait interspersed with the actual ‘article’, it’s pathetic tbh.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1475 on: October 14, 2019, 11:02:38 AM »
It’s just blatant click-bait and they re-use the stories across their multiple newspaper sites, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol, etc.

Their webpages too are the biggest pile of badly designed crap too, they remind of the mid-90s internet where everything took an age to load and then froze up.

Videos playing everywhere, adverts and more clickbait interspersed with the actual ‘article’, it’s pathetic tbh.

I think that they're part of the same group (Reach) as the former Gloucester Citizen / Cheltenham Echo sites, now rebranded as 'Gloucestershire Live'

The site is pretty pathetic, especially their OTT panic weather reporting. I'm continually taking the piss on their Facebook page, which has somehow earned me Top Fan status :)

Dave Gorman did an interesting feature on such apparently local but not actually local news sites on 'Modern Life is Goodish'.

Online The Edge

« Reply #1476 on: October 14, 2019, 11:45:38 AM »

I think that they're part of the same group (Reach) as the former Gloucester Citizen / Cheltenham Echo sites, now rebranded as 'Gloucestershire Live'

The site is pretty pathetic, especially their OTT panic weather reporting. I'm continually taking the piss on their Facebook page, which has somehow earned me Top Fan status :)

Dave Gorman did an interesting feature on such apparently local but not actually local news sites on 'Modern Life is Goodish'.
Ah yes. One of my favourite tv shows. You can only get it on Dave nowadays.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1477 on: October 14, 2019, 02:51:18 PM »
I don't care who the opposition are, a hat-trick is a hat-trick and difficult to achieve. Especially for a midfielder.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1478 on: October 14, 2019, 05:39:20 PM »
Agree 100% Drum.  Especially a defensive midfielder playing fox in the box.  I thought he was brilliant.  Very Greavesesque.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #1479 on: October 14, 2019, 06:20:13 PM »
He wore the 8 shirt, didn't he? I was a little disappointed he didn't get that with us this season, much more befitting than the 7.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1480 on: October 15, 2019, 09:58:05 AM »
Now Alan Brazil saying SJM would be a perfect fit for Man Utd. Also, he was gutted that Celtic didn't sign him last year.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1481 on: October 15, 2019, 10:52:38 AM »
Now Alan Brazil saying SJM would be a perfect fit for Man Utd. Also, he was gutted that Celtic didn't sign him last year.

I don't give a fuck what Brazil says.

Now we're starting to build a squad that's being talked about. Mings, McGinn and Grealish all rumoured to be coveted by other sides, Nakamba and Engels doing brilliantly too. I suspect Wesley will bang in a few more and be linked with a move too come the summer.

The great thing is, we don't need to sell.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1482 on: October 15, 2019, 11:05:09 AM »
Alan dough boy Brazil in negative comment about Villa shock.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1483 on: October 15, 2019, 11:14:32 AM »
Alan dough boy Brazil in negative comment about Villa shock.

Alan Brazil can suck my hairy sack, and if I dipped it it champagne he probably would, the fat jakey prick.

Offline KRS

« Reply #1484 on: October 15, 2019, 11:19:33 AM »
There are a lot of players that would improve Man Utd’s midfield at the moment. It was actually quite funny watching SSN select the best XI from the Man Utd and Liverpool squads yesterday with not a single Man Utd player being picked.

Oh yeah...and Alan Brazil can fuck right off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal