collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 653676 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #375 on: September 23, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »
Both magnificent goals Mr Shin

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #376 on: September 23, 2018, 04:19:30 PM »
I always get annoyed when people suggest that players are definitely leaving the club. I cling to the idea that villa are big enough to keep their best players. However, even I think this time McGinn will only be with us for one season.
Did you see the game yesterday? It was a great goal but otherwise McGinn was absolutely awful.  I wouldn't be too worried about him moving on to greater things just yet.

Early in the game, I thought, "yep, didn't take us long there to coach it all out of him".

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #377 on: September 23, 2018, 04:23:25 PM »
Great strike by McGinn but I also think Lowton’s was better. I also preferred Jack’s late strike v Cardiff last seaso.

I generally prefer strikes that hit the net rather than go in off the woodwork - much cleaner and there is no moment of doubt that about the goal. When the ball bounced down off the bar yesterday I was looking for somebody to follow up and only realised we had scored when the ball bounced up into the roof of the net. I’m much happier without that split second of doubt.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #378 on: September 23, 2018, 04:26:45 PM »
I like him, puts himself about but not a great combination with Conor as they are both too left footed - I'd like to see him and Grealish just in front of Jedi or Barney who seems to have been forgotten about.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #379 on: September 23, 2018, 04:29:37 PM »
I like him, puts himself about but not a great combination with Conor as they are both too left footed - I'd like to see him and Grealish just in front of Jedi or Barney who seems to have been forgotten about.
Don't get me wrong I like him too.  But other than the goal he had a stinker yesterday.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2018, 04:43:26 PM »
I disagree. He gave the ball away in a dangerous position once. Other than that, pretty good. Always looking for a dangerous pass. I'd like to see him back on corner duty ahead of Hot Lips.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #381 on: September 23, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »
I disagree. He gave the ball away in a dangerous position once. Other than that, pretty good. Always looking for a dangerous pass. I'd like to see him back on corner duty ahead of Hot Lips.
He gave it away a lot more than once and was generally ineffective.  I took my father in law to the game and had given him a big build up all morning.  Neither of us could be live how poor he was.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #382 on: September 23, 2018, 05:08:46 PM »
Pass accuracy 91%. So he may have given it away more than once but it wasn't a large number. I think he is likely to give the ball away occasionally as he is always looking for a pass that creates something, rather than just playing a Glen Whelan two yard pass. We will gain far more than we lose from his passes.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #383 on: September 23, 2018, 05:17:41 PM »
Don't get me wrong I like him too.  But other than the goal he had a stinker yesterday.
Nah, not that bad.
Not great, but not bad.
For stinkers, see Adomah, Hutton, Elmo, Kodjia. Even Chester was a flake yesterday.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #384 on: September 23, 2018, 05:26:08 PM »
McGinn his goal apart had a stinker of a game.  I thought Sanchez had snuck back in the team.

Offline kieron

« Reply #385 on: September 23, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »
Jack's goal last season was superb - for the occasion of putting us right back into the mix (albeit a long shot) that evening. Clearly, Lowton's goal was also beaut upon reviewing it again.

But, McGinn's goal yesterday, I was just stunned into silence when it happened. After the crowd had settled down I said to my 15 year old lad "Remember that, son. Witnessing moments like that don't come often".

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #386 on: September 23, 2018, 05:43:56 PM »
Nah, not that bad.
Not great, but not bad.
For stinkers, see Adomah, Hutton, Elmo, Kodjia. Even Chester was a flake yesterday.

Hutton was okay, and made possibly the best interception I've ever seen at Villa Park to prevent a certain goal.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #387 on: September 23, 2018, 06:25:50 PM »
Nah, not that bad.
Not great, but not bad.

Hutton was okay, and made possibly the best interception I've ever seen at Villa Park to prevent a certain goal.
See this is part of the overall problem.Hutton was "okay".
He wasn't.He stank and he always stinks.Probably culpable more than any one player for our demise.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #388 on: September 23, 2018, 06:54:57 PM »
I think that's total bollocks, tbh.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #389 on: September 23, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »
I think that's total bollocks, tbh.

Absolutely. Anyone who thinks Hutton's the main reason for our demise either has a really short memory or hasn't been to many matches at all over the past decade.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal