collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 666014 times)

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #240 on: August 12, 2018, 07:18:02 AM »
If he is to win the Cheltenham Gold Cup for us we had better get him gelded.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #241 on: August 12, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »
McGinty looks superb and the left foot and dynamics of his play really encouraging. Would like to see even more highlights of him and so glad to have such a good signing and a value one at that.

Yes it's not my money but there is satisfaction in getting value for money after the McCormick debacle! Hogan jurys half out but the point of not spending big and getting a performer .

Lansbury hasn't proved that hourihane for value for goals has been well.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #242 on: August 12, 2018, 10:48:42 AM »
He did a few things that I hadn’t seen very often from our midfielders in years, eg. Passing and moving to receive a return pass, playing a pass to a forward making a run off the defender’s shoulder, making a run into the box from open play, dynamic running with and without the ball and chasing back and harrying an opposition player leaving them with a mouthful of turf.

All positive signs. I think he could form a great partnership with Grealish, but they will have to work out how it’s going to work between them. It will give the opposition a headache if they have to try to mark two creative midfielders out of the game.

Offline Hibby Villa

« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2018, 11:11:32 AM »
Didn’t see any of the match as channel 5 don’t cover the Championship any more.

Sounds like you were all impressed with SJM though. Sure he will keep up the good form.

Well done on being top of the league. Must come down sometime to here Super John McGinn sung in a Brummie accent!

Off to see my Hibs in Perth today. I will look out for him on Tuesday in your league cup match.

Online thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2018, 11:41:31 AM »

Sounds like you were all impressed with SJM though. Sure he will keep up the good form.

Well done on being top of the league. Must come down sometime to here Super John McGinn sung in a Brummie accent!

Off to see my Hibs in Perth today. I will look out for him on Tuesday in your league cup match.

EFL highlights are on Quest TV on freeview (ch37 I think).

Highlights are linked on this board under match highlights thread.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
There's also a Quest OD site

https://www.questod.co.uk/show/efl-on-quest

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2018, 03:34:17 PM »

MOTM

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2018, 07:56:49 PM »
Best debut I have witnessed in years, agree there seems an understanding with Jack already and has the potential to be a very very good player. What a terrific buy.

Offline Hibby Villa

« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2018, 08:10:39 PM »
Thanks for the information about highlights. Will look out for that in future.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #249 on: August 12, 2018, 09:19:54 PM »

Hugely impressed. When we got the free kick, i mentioned it was the sort of area we would miss Snodgrass' delivery. I said "let's see what sort of left foot he has" - and got a great answer!!

Love him chasing and harrying back if he's lost the ball and that crunching tackle down by the corner of the Holte.

Add to the list of very impressive Villa debuts. Mind you, Carlton Cole played well in his first game....

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2018, 09:53:56 PM »
One of the best debuts I've had the pleasure of witnessing. We will make a very healthy profit in the future! The fact he chose Villa over C*ltic is also a bonus!

Offline jcsutv

« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2018, 10:01:23 PM »

Hugely impressed. When we got the free kick, i mentioned it was the sort of area we would miss Snodgrass' delivery. I said "let's see what sort of left foot he has" - and got a great answer!!

Love him chasing and harrying back if he's lost the ball and that crunching tackle down by the corner of the Holte.

Add to the list of very impressive Villa debuts. Mind you, Carlton Cole played well in his first game....

Agree with that. I said to my Dad he looked like an upgrade to Snoddy. I love  Snoddy and his left foot too. Would like them in the same team.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2018, 10:09:11 PM »
Have we finished with the fucking Hibee love in yet. As one of I think a rare few Hearts fans on here I think I’ve got some sick in my mouth.

Anyway can I welcome McGinn and was very impressed with his debut, more to come I think and good set piece and crossing ability.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2018, 10:10:27 PM »
Have we finished with the fucking Hibee love in yet. As one of I think a rare few Hearts fans on here I think I’ve got some sick in my mouth.

Anyway can I welcome McGinn and was very impressed with his debut, more to come I think and good set piece and crossing ability.

I like Hearts too

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2018, 10:14:28 PM »
I don't mind them, but not sure why we have chosen to play in their shirts this season. Hibs are a great bunch of lads, though, for their ability to get under the skin of the Ibrox Undead.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal