collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 05:18:54 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:16:29 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by itbrvilla
[Today at 05:15:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 05:15:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 05:15:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 05:12:30 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by nigel
[Today at 05:10:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:10:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 671538 times)

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
Re: John McGinn - signed
« Reply #3270 on: June 04, 2022, 04:43:10 PM »
H&V's most overrated player.

This.
I think he probably is.
His loose passing at times is overlooked because of his pressing. He's got a very big season coming up.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3271 on: June 04, 2022, 04:52:55 PM »

This.
I think he probably is.
His loose passing at times is overlooked because of his pressing. He's got a very big season coming up.

Sometimes I wonder whether you guys know anything about Football whatsoever
I know it’s all about opinions but you know the stick John McGinn gets on here is unbelievable it makes me think you guys have zero idea and I mean zero idea about what you’re talking about

Reminds me of that time years ago when people said Grealish was just a one trick pony Who offered nothing just fuck off You don’t know what you’re talking about

Online stubbsyandy

« Reply #3272 on: June 04, 2022, 05:28:34 PM »

This.
I think he probably is.

Sometimes I wonder whether you guys know anything about Football whatsoever
I know it’s all about opinions but you know the stick John McGinn gets on here is unbelievable it makes me think you guys have zero idea and I mean zero idea about what you’re talking about

Reminds me of that time years ago when people said Grealish was just a one trick pony Who offered nothing just fuck off You don’t know what you’re talking about

Spot on

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #3273 on: June 04, 2022, 05:36:32 PM »

This.
I think he probably is.

Enough about Ollie Watkins, he has his own thread.

As for SJM, I look forward to seeing him next season when he's not carrying the weight of the team on his shoulders and played out of position.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3274 on: June 04, 2022, 06:13:42 PM »
My son asked me why some Villa fans think he’s so good. I told him it’s a sentimental hangover from him being a top championship player making them blind to the fact he’s pretty mediocre in the PL.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3275 on: June 04, 2022, 06:17:38 PM »
John McGinn shouldn’t be irreplaceable. He played pretty much every game under Gerrard. Which is why we need a much better players in that part of the pitch. He’s a good PL midfielder but not close to elite. A brilliant player to have at the club and in the squad and as we have all seen will have some magical moments. But neither him or Douglas Luiz will elevate us to the upper tier of the PL.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3276 on: June 04, 2022, 06:28:02 PM »
My son asked me why some Villa fans think he’s so good. I told him it’s a sentimental hangover from him being a top championship player making them blind to the fact he’s pretty mediocre in the PL.

I agree with that.

He's not useless, far from it, but at PL level he's looked middling at best.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3277 on: June 04, 2022, 06:35:09 PM »
He is part of a malfunctioning midfield.
I would like to see him in a functioning team with a role that does not involve chasing and covering for full backs.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3278 on: June 04, 2022, 06:40:56 PM »
With a proper DM, he might outscore our right back.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3279 on: June 04, 2022, 07:29:11 PM »

Yep. He’s a plodding, one paced midfielder whose passing is mostly average to crap, and who doesn’t score enough goals or create enough assists. If he played for somebody else, I doubt that football geniuses like john would be dying for us to sign him.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3280 on: June 04, 2022, 07:31:36 PM »

Yep. He’s a plodding, one paced midfielder whose passing is mostly average to crap, and who doesn’t score enough goals or create enough assists. If he played for somebody else, I doubt that football geniuses like john would be dying for us to sign him.

Do you not rate him? You've not mentioned it before.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3281 on: June 04, 2022, 07:49:32 PM »
McGinn at his best is good enough for a top 6 - top 8 side.

But agree with others that he needs more competition to push him on.

Great guy, but shouldn't be one of the sacred cows who have no fear of being dropped. He looked flat for large parts from Jan onwards.

Will be good to see how he looks after the summer with the batteries recharged.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3282 on: June 04, 2022, 08:11:10 PM »

if he leaves it will be for big money and a team far higher than us at the moment

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3283 on: June 04, 2022, 08:50:51 PM »
His technique/lack thereof lets him down. He is very slow on the half-turn, hence knowing that he needs to use his arse. He's fantastic at winning free-kicks, most of the time he's not had the technique to get away from the opposing player but does enough to draw the foul.

When we play the top eight they're wiser to this and his weaknesses are highlighted. I'd keep him as he still has great attributes (lovely left foot, works like a trojan) but he should not be a regular starter, let alone the practical ever-present he is at the moment.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3284 on: June 04, 2022, 09:13:07 PM »

if he leaves it will be for big money and a team far higher than us at the moment

But then again, it probably won't be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal