collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 226894 times)

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #735 on: July 10, 2020, 05:20:50 PM »
Talks a good game , and behind the scenes things might be improving in terms of youth development etc but what happens on the pitch dictates the direction of the club and on the pitch we have failed so far.

The concerning thing based on his comments in summer is he was totally wrong about how well we would do , and bigged up the purchasing.He then sat and gave Smith more time when it wasn't working.Liverpool fans dislike him ( some of it based purely on him being responsible for Rafa leaving ) but I really do have my doubts on him.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #736 on: July 10, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »
The worry is the future intent of the owners, they will be i a position to offset the investment with incoming transfer revenues.
So any talk of being well placed next season is meaningless until we know where the owners are at.
It’s Just like the talk of easier fixtures and winnable games.

Indeed.

When they took over, they spoke about wanting the club to be self sustaining.  Rather than shoot for the moon/ do what it takes to get back to European football.

Which was welcome, to an extent.  After the lunatic before. 

But if it's starting to look like a financial black hole they might reassess. Events on and off the pitch this year won't have helped that.
There arre very few people who are not considering their investment strategy, football may look even higher risk since the Pandemic. There is this perception that life is somehow going to return to normal. Its not.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #737 on: July 10, 2020, 08:11:30 PM »
I'm struggling to think of a CEO in any industry that has got so much wrong and survived. I very much doubt Purslow will be the first.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #738 on: July 10, 2020, 08:51:28 PM »
I'm struggling to think of a CEO in any industry that has got so much wrong and survived. I very much doubt Purslow will be the first.

Surely, there has to be a plan in place.  The silence is deafening at the moment.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #739 on: July 10, 2020, 10:15:17 PM »
Eden’s is very much an American business man, that means Fail, and someone pays.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #740 on: July 10, 2020, 11:06:36 PM »
Eden’s is very much an American business man, that means Fail, and someone pays.

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2018/01/22/report-bucks-fire-jason-kidd-coach/1055454001/

"At the end, this is a performance-based thing," Horst said. "We believe in this team, we believe in our players and in the talents that they have. We're looking forward at making playoff appearances in consecutive years for the first time in over a decade and hopefully winning a first-round series for the first time in over a decade."

Edens added: "We like our team a lot and sometimes you have to change if you’re going to give yourself the best chance. Unfortunately change really can only happen at the top if it’s going to be meaningful.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #741 on: July 11, 2020, 07:39:26 AM »
There is is a total over reaction here.

Since Eden’s Sawiris and Purslow arrived we have stopped going backwards.

Ok we might get relegated but we’re aren’t starting into an abyss. We go down with a much better squad than we’ve had for years with scalable assets and a core which could easily get us repromoted with a few judicious signings.

It’s not ideal model but loom here the last yo-yo (Burnley) club is right now and We could better given our additional resources.
I think team we had at the end of last season would demolish what we have now.

Why?

There’s only Tammy from last year who we’d want now.

The likes of Whelan, Jedinak, Chester and Adomah, as much as they We’re likeable players, would not be fit for purpose now.

The defence and midfield are much better now if all fit.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:46:57 AM by oldhill_avfc »

Offline FatSam

« Reply #742 on: July 11, 2020, 07:51:23 AM »
I don’t think there is a winning mentality, either from the players or coaching staff. Other than for 10 games at the end of last season, which increasingly looks like a wild anomaly, at no point over the last two seasons have we been able to grind out results. I don’t think it’s a formality that we will hit the ground running in the Championship, and put the division to the sword. I think we’ll have a lot of players who think they should be somewhere else, and I don’t see a steely desire to win from anyone frankly.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #743 on: July 11, 2020, 07:53:38 AM »

https://eu.jsonline.com/story/sports/nba/bucks/2018/01/22/report-bucks-fire-jason-kidd-coach/1055454001/

"At the end, this is a performance-based thing," Horst said. "We believe in this team, we believe in our players and in the talents that they have. We're looking forward at making playoff appearances in consecutive years for the first time in over a decade and hopefully winning a first-round series for the first time in over a decade."

Edens added: "We like our team a lot and sometimes you have to change if you’re going to give yourself the best chance. Unfortunately change really can only happen at the top if it’s going to be meaningful.
Thanks - exactly.
The question is, who gets the bullet Purslow May get away with it by throwing Smith under the bus, but they both won’t survive.

Online Allan C

« Reply #744 on: July 11, 2020, 09:48:53 AM »
I don’t think there is a winning mentality, either from the players or coaching staff. Other than for 10 games at the end of last season, which increasingly looks like a wild anomaly, at no point over the last two seasons have we been able to grind out results. I don’t think it’s a formality that we will hit the ground running in the Championship, and put the division to the sword. I think we’ll have a lot of players who think they should be somewhere else, and I don’t see a steely desire to win from anyone frankly.
Great post. I think we’ve got a lot of players who will be shocked at the lack of interest from other clubs, Mings and McGinn included

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #745 on: July 11, 2020, 10:28:09 AM »
There is is a total over reaction here.

Since Eden’s Sawiris and Purslow arrived we have stopped going backwards.

Ok we might get relegated but we’re aren’t starting into an abyss. We go down with a much better squad than we’ve had for years with scalable assets and a core which could easily get us repromoted with a few judicious signings.

It’s not ideal model but loom here the last yo-yo (Burnley) club is right now and We could better given our additional resources.
I think team we had at the end of last season would demolish what we have now.

Why?

There’s only Tammy from last year who we’d want now.

The likes of Whelan, Jedinak, Chester and Adomah, as much as they We’re likeable players, would not be fit for purpose now.

The defence and midfield are much better now if all fit.

Tammy.... AND Axel. Personally, I think he's been a big miss - Mings is half the player without him by his side. More balanced too - A left footer on the left of defence, right footer on the right.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #746 on: July 11, 2020, 10:30:09 AM »
I wanted Axel back as well but he does seem to pick up his fair share of injuries which is a shame.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #747 on: August 08, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
Thinking this morning that he's been a bit on the quiet side since survival, he was somewhat verbose after the play-off final.  Thoughts anyone?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #748 on: August 08, 2020, 11:53:33 AM »
We've been quite busy behind the scenes with the backroom I suppose.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #749 on: August 08, 2020, 12:11:55 PM »
Thinking this morning that he's been a bit on the quiet side since survival, he was somewhat verbose after the play-off final.  Thoughts anyone?
He has had his wings clipped

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal