collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 229220 times)

Offline Nii Lamptey

Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #690 on: July 09, 2020, 11:44:58 PM »
Anyone watched Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix? He reminds me of their former executive director Charlie Methven - A complete cnut of a chancer. Worryingly, I can see us going the same way if we're not careful.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #691 on: July 09, 2020, 11:45:54 PM »
All CP needs now are a pair of bright red chinos and he’s won a full house in wanker bingo.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #692 on: July 09, 2020, 11:47:23 PM »
All CP needs now are a pair of bright red chinos and he’s won a full house in wanker bingo.
Ha! Thanks Des - That brought a little smirk to my face  ;)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #693 on: July 10, 2020, 05:18:58 AM »
Let’s hope that the owners are planning for next season as I would not trust the triumvirate of incompetence to be left to their own devices again.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #694 on: July 10, 2020, 05:57:04 AM »
Anyone watched Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix? He reminds me of their former executive director Charlie Methven - A complete cnut of a chancer. Worryingly, I can see us going the same way if we're not careful.

That’s the worry. We’ve got the losing mentality firmly back in the club now. We found out last time, it doesn’t just change into wins because we drop a division.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #695 on: July 10, 2020, 07:28:21 AM »
Absolutely CT.  When the trap door opens you can keep falling.  We have done it before.  We have form.  It is not rocket science.  SGT summed it up perfectly.  If you want to forwards, first you have to stop going backwards.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #696 on: July 10, 2020, 07:51:06 AM »
The £200 million abyss is staring us in the face - if we get relegated, the only people to suffer will be the staff at Villa Park, the players will all be off (the ones that we can sell) the rest will be staying and seeing out their contracts - as no one will want them!

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #697 on: July 10, 2020, 08:18:02 AM »
There is is a total over reaction here.

Since Eden’s Sawiris and Purslow arrived we have stopped going backwards.

Ok we might get relegated but we’re aren’t staring into an abyss. We go down with a much better squad than we’ve had for years with saleable assets and a core which could easily get us repromoted with a few judicious signings.

It’s not ideal model but look where the last yo-yo (Burnley) club is right now, who we could better than given our additional resources.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:34:21 AM by oldhill_avfc »

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #698 on: July 10, 2020, 08:24:22 AM »
I think the reaction of just about everybody on here has been justified.  A weak team going through the motion and picking up their huge pay packets may seem small potatoes to those who watch Sky footy.  For those of us who do the real pain of a lifetime of the travelling and the expense of being a Villa fan, we ha e every right to be bloody angry about games like that last night.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #699 on: July 10, 2020, 08:28:49 AM »

Ok we might get relegated but we’re aren’t starting into an abyss. We go down with a much better squad than we’ve had for years with scalable assets and a core which could easily get us repromoted with a few judicious signings.

It’s not ideal model but loom here the last yo-yo (Burnley) club is right now and We could better given our additional resources.
We are Financially better placed but that’s about it, the squad will lose its best players and be left with the rubbish. We have no idea if the owners will reinvest.
We had this same rubbish last time and it took 3 years to get out of.
We are just as likely to be the next Sunderland. Relegation provides no grounds for optimism. I thought we might have learnt that by now.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #700 on: July 10, 2020, 08:31:33 AM »
I agree we are not staring into a financial abyss. As long as the owners remain committed we are ok.

I do not agree that we have a better squad.
Take out the Crown Jewels (when I say that I mean players who will attract decent money despite their recent performances) and we are left with a very mediocre bunch.

I watched Leeds tear Stoke apart yesterday, a championship team who a million miles away from how we play.

The club has to bold and brave and bring in a management team who are forward thinking, and have players who are able to play at a much higher pace for much longer.

We have to get away from bland, safe and nice.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #701 on: July 10, 2020, 08:32:05 AM »
Where are the owners? Where is Purslow? Where’s the leadership at a time like this?

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #702 on: July 10, 2020, 08:33:56 AM »

Ok we might get relegated but we’re aren’t starting into an abyss. We go down with a much better squad than we’ve had for years with scalable assets and a core which could easily get us repromoted with a few judicious signings.

It’s not ideal model but loom here the last yo-yo (Burnley) club is right now and We could better given our additional resources.

Perhaps I am old fashioned but Aston Villa being relegated from the top flight is an absolutely unacceptable catastrophe, whatever shape we go down in. 

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #703 on: July 10, 2020, 08:35:48 AM »
Where are the owners? Where is Purslow? Where’s the leadership at a time like this?
I would imagine they are giving thanks to god that they don’t have to face a hostile Villa Park any time soon.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #704 on: July 10, 2020, 08:37:05 AM »
Yes you’re probably right.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal