collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Christian Purslow - Resigned  (Read 229726 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: New CEO appointed - Christian Purslow
« Reply #705 on: July 10, 2020, 08:39:02 AM »
There is is a total over reaction here.

Since Eden’s Sawiris and Purslow arrived we have stopped going backwards.

Ok we might get relegated but we’re aren’t starting into an abyss. We go down with a much better squad than we’ve had for years with scalable assets and a core which could easily get us repromoted with a few judicious signings.

It’s not ideal model but loom here the last yo-yo (Burnley) club is right now and We could better given our additional resources.

I'm just not sure I agree with this.  Once you take out Jack, McGinn, Mings and probably Luiz, to me we have a paper thin squad full of very average players - certainly not better than squads we've had for the last few years.  Essentially you're relying on the recruitment team (whoever that may be) to find all the creative, goal scoring and leadership players we need in one window at a reasonable price.  Maybe they'll manage that but I won't be holding my breath.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #706 on: July 10, 2020, 08:39:42 AM »

... I watched Leeds tear Stoke apart yesterday, a championship team who a million miles away from how we play...
Dirty Leeds have done what SHeffU did: stuck with a manager and his quirky ways; professional / nasty managers who have drilled their squads into almost-total destruction, to get fitness and discipline. They embraced the dogfight that the 2nd tier is.
Leeds have benefitted from the break; normally, their squad would fade away but they got the time-out and have regrouped.
They'll do well next season, assuming they bring in a few recruits.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #707 on: July 10, 2020, 08:40:24 AM »
There is is a total over reaction here.

Since Eden’s Sawiris and Purslow arrived we have stopped going backwards.

Ok we might get relegated but we’re aren’t starting into an abyss. We go down with a much better squad than we’ve had for years with scalable assets and a core which could easily get us repromoted with a few judicious signings.

It’s not ideal model but loom here the last yo-yo (Burnley) club is right now and We could better given our additional resources.
I think team we had at the end of last season would demolish what we have now.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #708 on: July 10, 2020, 08:42:37 AM »
Absolutely no doubt about that at all. 

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #709 on: July 10, 2020, 08:45:08 AM »
The 'abyss' we are looking into is not the Championship or even the First Division.  It is the acceptance by the fans and those that run the club that we are inferior.  Anything other than ding dongs with Small Heath or Smethwick is the stuff of dreams.  Defeatism hiding behind flags with lions on them.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 08:48:09 AM by brian green »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #710 on: July 10, 2020, 08:48:52 AM »
So other than,The reactions are pretty understandable, we are going backwards, we will go down with a worse squad than we came up with and have no idea what the financial backing will be.
It’s a pretty accurate analysis.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #711 on: July 10, 2020, 08:48:57 AM »
The 'abyss' we are looking into is not the Championship or even the First Division.  It is the acceptance by the fans and those that run the club that we are inferior.  Anything other than ding dongs with Small Heath or Smethwick is the stuff of dreams.  Defeatism hiding behind flags with lions on them.
You do write some bollocks Brian.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #712 on: July 10, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »
Really ? Have a good look around if you want to see some bollocks.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2020, 08:53:57 AM »
I can see how shit we are, but that is just meaningless hyperbolic nonsence.  This isn't about defeatism of fans or the board, it's about having a squad that simply isn't good enough to compete in this league, whoeversw fault that may be.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2020, 08:58:26 AM »
I don't think we are staring into any kind of abyss. It will be a massive disappointment if we go down but it won't be a disaster. Possibly losing the likes of Grealish and McGinn will be the main blow but if it comes to it, we'll be back. That's not defeatism, that's taking it on the chin that we've not been good enough.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #715 on: July 10, 2020, 08:59:59 AM »
I wouldn't be getting rid of Purslow. His chicanery with the finances is partly why we're in the league.

He trusted a recruitment manager and that failed, which has impacted his manager who has been a success and now struggled as a consequence of that recruitment failure.

Should he have sacked him in December. There's arguments of course, but if we imagine he had, then anybody new would have had a similar problem to Smith; lack of quality. Of course they might have got something more out of it, they might not, we will never know.

I expect Suso will be gone, but that anything good of his network can be maintained. I expect if we're relegated Smith will go.

Purslow I would keep.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #716 on: July 10, 2020, 09:01:13 AM »
I can see how shit we are, but that is just meaningless hyperbolic nonsence.  This isn't about defeatism of fans or the board, it's about having a squad that simply isn't good enough to compete in this league, whoeversw fault that may be.
There are other reasons why we have failed and I think that Brian is describing the mental state and lack of courage and leadership that had bought us to this perilous state, I can’t see why that is described as bollocks, in fact it’s quite refreshing to read some well penned narrative.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #717 on: July 10, 2020, 09:03:40 AM »

In the 90s top half finishes were the minimum requirement pretty much. In the 00s we were disappointed, after four top six finishes, to not make the Champion's League. In the early 2010s premier league survival became the name of the game. Now we are looking at being a yo-yo club.

Brian green is correct in what he has posted.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #718 on: July 10, 2020, 09:04:42 AM »
I don't think we are staring into any kind of abyss. It will be a massive disappointment if we go down but it won't be a total disaster. Possibly losing the likes of Grealish and McGinn will be the main blow but if it comes to it, we'll be back. That's not defeatism, that's taking it on the chin that we've not been good enough.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #719 on: July 10, 2020, 09:06:04 AM »
The only clubs that are looking to become yo-yos are those down that want to come straight back up. Its self evidently not the aim of the club to actually desire to bob around.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal