collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

[April 26, 2024, 11:45:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:13:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 670731 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #4395 on: January 09, 2023, 11:09:59 AM »
Imagine what the owners are thinking after watching this lot today
I think it’s called buyers remorse and how the fuck did we spend so much money to end up with so many crap players.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4396 on: January 09, 2023, 11:17:47 AM »
Purslow and Lange need to be first out of the door in the summer.  Along with;

Olsen, Sanson, Bednarek, Chambers, Dendoncker, Ludwig, Coutinho, Konsa, Bailey (even though I still think he can do something I just don't know what).

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #4397 on: January 19, 2023, 02:25:56 AM »
Deloitte reveal more than half of world’s 20 richest clubs are in Premier League:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/19/more-than-half-20-richest-clubs-in-world-premier-league-deloitte-report

Includes West Ham, Leicester, Leeds, Everton and Newcastle but not Villa.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4398 on: January 19, 2023, 09:15:28 AM »
Deloitte reveal more than half of world’s 20 richest clubs are in Premier League:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jan/19/more-than-half-20-richest-clubs-in-world-premier-league-deloitte-report

Includes West Ham, Leicester, Leeds, Everton and Newcastle but not Villa.

Fuck the European places and the FA Cup, I won't sleep until we're back in that. *Tom Fox mode off*

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #4399 on: January 19, 2023, 09:21:45 AM »
Reading that, I also came across this article which mentions Villa and is relevant to us and our standing in the modern game.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/jan/17/everton-protests-are-not-about-money-they-are-about-hope-and-connection

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4400 on: January 19, 2023, 10:06:52 AM »
Everton ahead of us? C'mon, their squad is shite.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #4401 on: January 19, 2023, 10:31:04 AM »
We have fantastic owners who are building the infrastructure to make us very competitive. The foundations are being put in place and we aren’t out protesting about them, they aren’t flogging us, we own our own ground and are heading in the right direction. I think that puts us way ahead of a lot of EPL clubs in this money league. Couldn’t be happier with who owns us and the vision they still have.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4402 on: January 19, 2023, 10:34:51 AM »
We need to do a lot to boost our commercial income, it's been largely flat for way too long.

I trust our owners and their undoubtedly massive business acumen (compared to Lerner, the clueless idiot), but I do look at things like that BK8 deal and wonder why we're not getting higher paying more prestigious sponsors yet.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4403 on: January 19, 2023, 10:43:25 AM »
Do we own our own ground or do the owners?

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #4404 on: January 19, 2023, 10:43:40 AM »
We need to do a lot to boost our commercial income, it's been largely flat for way too long.

I trust our owners and their undoubtedly massive business acumen (compared to Lerner, the clueless idiot), but I do look at things like that BK8 deal and wonder why we're not getting higher paying more prestigious sponsors yet.

I agree with this and of course money and our commercial activities are vital. Maybe it’s a geographical thing as the press always like to push their favourite clubs in London and Manchester, giving them a lot more coverage than us. Newcastle have instantly become media darlings and one of the best clubs in the world, minus the silver wear but with the bestest fans, ever in the universe. I just think we have a harder job regarding commercial deals but once the foundations are in place and we start knocking on the door, hopefully the commercial side will grow accordingly.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4405 on: January 19, 2023, 10:48:20 AM »

I agree with this and of course money and our commercial activities are vital. Maybe it’s a geographical thing as the press always like to push their favourite clubs in London and Manchester, giving them a lot more coverage than us. Newcastle have instantly become media darlings and one of the best clubs in the world, minus the silver wear but with the bestest fans, ever in the universe. I just think we have a harder job regarding commercial deals but once the foundations are in place and we start knocking on the door, hopefully the commercial side will grow accordingly.

There's a degree of truth in that, but if we ever got our act together long term, then we'd get exactly the same coverage.

Newcastle are getting a lot of it at the moment, but they're currently third in the league having spent years being the byword for rubbish. If we were in that role, we'd be getting plenty of coverage too.

Basically, the route to media love and increased riches is to stop being so irrelevant on the pitch - lest we forget, we haven't finished in the top half of the PL for 12 years now, and weren't even it it for 3 of those.

At some point we've got to convert some of this "loads of potential, sleeping giant" respect into actual results.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #4406 on: January 19, 2023, 11:00:41 AM »

There's a degree of truth in that, but if we ever got our act together long term, then we'd get exactly the same coverage.

Newcastle are getting a lot of it at the moment, but they're currently third in the league having spent years being the byword for rubbish. If we were in that role, we'd be getting plenty of coverage too.

Basically, the route to media love and increased riches is to stop being so irrelevant on the pitch - lest we forget, we haven't finished in the top half of the PL for 12 years now, and weren't even it it for 3 of those.

At some point we've got to convert some of this "loads of potential, sleeping giant" respect into actual results.

I agree with the on pitch points. Hopefully the Gerrard sacking directly after the Fulham game shows our owners are not impressed with the on pitch failures. They may have decided to take that side of it into their own hands now having seen the failure to show much improvement, hence the Emery appointment.
I do think though that Newcastle became an honorary member of the Sky 6 as soon as they were taken over. We do have to move on results wise and there are now no excuses. We’ve never been a media favourite, even back in 81 and 82 but such is the London based bias in all formats of life.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4407 on: January 19, 2023, 01:27:27 PM »
Exactly. Our national irrelevance is our own doing. Get it right on the pitch we become impossible not to talk about. Man City and Chelsea weren’t always this way in the media. They have won loads (however that all came about), they still did it on the pitch and won trophies. There is always going to be some national bias towards certain clubs based on where the media is located and concentrated. But to be noticed we just need to get it right for a sustained period of time. The media will cover what gets them most hits and follows.

Online FatSam

« Reply #4408 on: January 19, 2023, 02:09:11 PM »

Yes, Newcastle have more points now than we have ever had at this stage of a PL season, even when we came second. It is a very dramatic turnaround, and they are a credible challenge to the big four/ five/ six (delete as applicable). I don’t think we can be disappointed that we aren’t getting the same attention.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4409 on: January 19, 2023, 03:19:53 PM »
Do we own our own ground or do the owners?
The same people who own the club you mean.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal