collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 669580 times)

richtheholtender

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2685 on: October 31, 2021, 06:32:19 PM »
I know this won't be a popular opinion (most of not all with dusagree) but for me these pair are more at fault for this than Smith. Don't come out with shit like were going for Europe when you're selling season tickets and then when they've been sold sell your best player and a negative net spend. Why not just be honest? We aren't going g to invest anymore, we're cutting our cloth accordingly and we will look to finish between 17th-10th. Thrown Smith right under the bus

Not popular? Maybe because it isn't grounded in any reality. They saved our club in 2018 and have backed this manager. This manager has had money every year and he has had us playing shit for most of the pat 9 months.

I understand why people will say that but they got the club at least £100 million cheaper than it was worth. They didn't really invest anything that first year so who's to say we  wouldn't have got promoted under xia? They just paid the tax bill because the money ran out, it's not like they came in spent £50 million and got us up. Essentially, all we did under them was win the game that xia lost. OK, I then give them credit, they spent a bit but like I said they'll get that back as and when they sell. At best we'll always be Everton at worse well be a team that fights to stay in the league. Irs always and always will be the case.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2686 on: October 31, 2021, 06:33:10 PM »
I know this won't be a popular opinion (most of not all with dusagree) but for me these pair are more at fault for this than Smith. Don't come out with shit like were going for Europe when you're selling season tickets and then when they've been sold sell your best player and a negative net spend. Why not just be honest? We aren't going g to invest anymore, we're cutting our cloth accordingly and we will look to finish between 17th-10th. Thrown Smith right under the bus

Utter nonsense, net spend means fuck all in a season when you make something around £110m in player sales.

Offline wince

« Reply #2687 on: October 31, 2021, 06:33:58 PM »
What a load of butter ollocks. Backing an inconsistent manager because of past glories is where they are at fault. Now they need to make their decision

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2688 on: October 31, 2021, 06:34:47 PM »
This is the test for me.

O.k praising them with promotion and stuff like that but let's see how long it takes to make a really big decision which will probably shape our next 5 years.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2689 on: October 31, 2021, 06:37:02 PM »

Utter nonsense, net spend means fuck all in a season when you make something around £110m in player sales.

So taking a world class player out of side means nothing? You're right, "utter nonsense" not on my side

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2690 on: October 31, 2021, 06:38:45 PM »
This is the test for me.

O.k praising them with promotion and stuff like that but let's see how long it takes to make a really big decision which will probably shape our next 5 years.

That's where I am too.  Let's see what they do next.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2691 on: October 31, 2021, 06:38:50 PM »
What a load of butter ollocks. Backing an inconsistent manager because of past glories is where they are at fault. Now they need to make their decision

Past glories? We've won nothing. The teans around us have shown us how it's done and let's be honest it isn't rocket science of we've been here many times before. You keep your best players, continue to invest and compete. Those that don't get left behind end of really.

Offline wince

« Reply #2692 on: October 31, 2021, 06:39:58 PM »

So taking a world class player out of side means nothing? You're right, "utter nonsense" not on my side

You are right, most disagree with you

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2693 on: October 31, 2021, 06:40:13 PM »

Can you read? I ask because I said nothing about Grealish leaving, and neither did you. You blamed them for us having a negative net spend as the reason for the problems. I guess you've realised how fucking stupid an arguement it was now and have decided to strawman tyour way out of it.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #2694 on: October 31, 2021, 06:40:14 PM »

Past glories? We've won nothing. The teans around us have shown us how it's done and let's be honest it isn't rocket science of we've been here many times before. You keep your best players, continue to invest and compete. Those that don't get left behind end of really.

How were we supposed to keep ratboy? he wanted out. Made sure he could leave as well.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2695 on: October 31, 2021, 06:41:08 PM »

Getting us promoted and the financial security it brought us should never be understated. We kept 4 or 5 top players at the club and likely secured an extra £60m for Jack Grealish. It’s not enough to keep him in a job now but let’s not forget the size of that accomplishment.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2696 on: October 31, 2021, 06:43:38 PM »

Can you read? I ask because I said nothing about Grealish leaving, and neither did you. You blamed them for us having a negative net spend as the reason for the problems. I guess you've realised how fucking stupid an arguement it was now and have decided to strawman tyour way out of it.

A bit OTT?

richtheholtender

« Reply #2697 on: October 31, 2021, 06:44:40 PM »

I must have imagined grealish leaving then because to my knowledge he formed part of the player sales. I must not be as bright as you Mr brains

Offline wince

« Reply #2698 on: October 31, 2021, 06:45:28 PM »

Given time to a man who promoted us, who many need to take the C&b glasses off btw. There has been a warchest to get players in. Grealish didn’t give a fuck about us and we were not prepared to be held to ransom. On paper our squad is more than good enough but you are either looking for a fight, had too much of barlimans ale or both.

richtheholtender

« Reply #2699 on: October 31, 2021, 06:46:06 PM »

A bit OTT?

It's ok mate, it's common on H&V that you can't put something forward without another poster having to resort to making it personal.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal