collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:04:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 08:03:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by The Man With A Stick
[Today at 08:01:18 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 08:01:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by DB
[Today at 08:00:04 PM]

Re: New Shirt Sponsor by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 07:48:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 07:47:20 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Smirker
[Today at 07:43:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 665567 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2520 on: September 08, 2021, 10:57:01 PM »
No fair enough, I defer to your superior knowledge of these things. I just thought there was only so much an owner could pump in and seeing as we've not been racking up debt, this change of face might be linked to that.

I agree I don't think there's anything particularly worrisome about an overdraft. A lien has to be put on something, just in case. A number of clubs do the same thing.

Important we have another 17 40,000+ attendances and beef up that commercial revenue to start competing.

Probably why Deano may not survive the season unless progress takes place.

Offline Ads

« Reply #2521 on: September 08, 2021, 11:00:26 PM »
My main concern is that we're accepting of the word 'disinterested' when we mean 'uninterested'.

But in all seriousness, if NSWE were to look at selling now, would they recoup their investment? If they'd purchased us as a Championship club for half a Grealish, invested nothing, and were now looking to sell us as an established PL club, okay. 

But it seems a pretty stupid move to me. With the way the game is going, if we become regularly top 6-8 (and I don't think it'll take much to get there) we'll be a club worth £800m-£1bn within five years.

Do serious investors get involved in football for short term profit anymore?

I think we need to break this Brummie mentality that pain is always imminent. We're ultimately a small business in both of their portfolios. We seem expensive from our side of the fence, but it isn't like Lerner where he's spending his sisters money too or Xia where he's a front. These are insanely wealthy chaps and we are their prestige toy. The club in Vegas, the way they celebrate when they're at VP. They're balls deep in this thing of ours.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2522 on: September 08, 2021, 11:01:12 PM »
My sketchy and out of date understanding is that you're allowed to exceed the loss threshold by a certain amount if your owners put in cash in exchange for shares. So if we've exceeded that, then taking a loan wouldn't really help I don't think. In any case, you'd have thought the sale of Greasy would have sorted out FFP in one go.

Offline Ads

« Reply #2523 on: September 08, 2021, 11:11:14 PM »
That's true. Debt is cheap at the moment and we actually do have some income with probably close to 15m in season ticket sales, Grealish cash which must be £25 million and likely a couple million from the Newcastle/Brentford games. If we were going to have cash flow problems, it would surely have been last year.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2524 on: September 08, 2021, 11:11:57 PM »
It's a £45m overdraft secured on the Premier League money at the end of the season.

Cheers Riss.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2525 on: September 08, 2021, 11:12:00 PM »
My main concern is that we're accepting of the word 'disinterested' when we mean 'uninterested'.

But in all seriousness, if NSWE were to look at selling now, would they recoup their investment? If they'd purchased us as a Championship club for half a Grealish, invested nothing, and were now looking to sell us as an established PL club, okay. 

But it seems a pretty stupid move to me. With the way the game is going, if we become regularly top 6-8 (and I don't think it'll take much to get there) we'll be a club worth £800m-£1bn within five years.

I think we need to break this Brummie mentality that pain is always imminent. We're ultimately a small business in both of their portfolios. We seem expensive from our side of the fence, but it isn't like Lerner where he's spending his sisters money too or Xia where he's a front. These are insanely wealthy chaps and we are their prestige toy. The club in Vegas, the way they celebrate when they're at VP. They're balls deep in this thing of ours.

I like to think so too. I don't know the first thing about business, but this strikes me as an opportunity for a prestige investment for them.

We're effectively starting from nothing: we have a unique name (not City or United or whatever), unique colours, a rich yet untapped history, and given the lack of any decent rivals, have the opportunity to soak up fans from a 100-mile radius.

I think you're right that as Brummies we see doom and gloom around every corner. But I think if you look at it from the perspective of a long term investment and branding opportunity, we are fucking outstanding.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #2526 on: September 08, 2021, 11:27:42 PM »
It is a fixed charge, rather than a floating charge, to obviate the Rule in Clayton's Case (1816) applying, noting that it secures an overdraft (of £45m) rather than a loan.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2527 on: September 08, 2021, 11:35:10 PM »
What we really need to do is reverse the situation whereby despite being a member of what is effectively a club generating a fountain of money for most of the last 30 years, we have failed to significantly grow our commercial income over that time.

Offline mike

« Reply #2528 on: September 09, 2021, 12:06:07 AM »

You say that, but have either of them got a Villa tattoo on their leg...

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #2529 on: September 09, 2021, 04:00:26 AM »
I don't understand it, but I don't like the sound of it. We weren't doing this when we were spending loads of money, we are doing it now we've stopped spending money.

Same. Whether they have lost interest or, more likely, are pursuing a new strategy it does feel like something material has changed.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2530 on: September 09, 2021, 05:31:22 AM »
It is possible that despite the Idiots transfer that more cash has gone out than come in subject to the payment terms on the transfers we have made.
Borrowing as I understand it has no impact on FFP except for the interest which is an expense.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #2531 on: September 09, 2021, 08:27:46 AM »
It's a £45m overdraft secured on the Premier League money at the end of the season.

Cheers Riss.

I thought it was a loan to buy the 1 share I still think I own...

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2532 on: September 09, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »

I'm not a Brummie, but I always assume that pain is always imminent. Because it always fucking is. I need to stop going to that dentist.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #2533 on: September 09, 2021, 11:03:28 AM »

I'm not. Its users are marked in my revolution notebook alongside the of-havers.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2534 on: September 09, 2021, 11:08:16 AM »

I'm not. Its users are marked in my revolution notebook alongside the of-havers.

Room for the there/they're/their crew?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal