collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 654509 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2190 on: July 23, 2021, 08:15:23 AM »
I just read the 1st page comments again & bejesus we have come a long way in such a short period of time.
NS & WE, I doff my cap to you both and long may our journey be linked.

Here here. Just read the first 8 pages, man have we been blessed with everything we’ve asked for. It can’t be said enough.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #2191 on: July 23, 2021, 08:40:37 AM »
Beautiful name, brilliant club.

I even love how we say 'The Villa'. From time to time, exiled in Bristol, I get asked about saying 'The' Villa when I say things like, "I'm not around on Saturday, I'm going to watch The Villa".

It's a perfect opportunity to remind them there are lots named United, City, Rovers, etc. but there is only one Villa.

It's a privilege that I was born and grew up 3-4 miles from Villa Park and that they are my club - as they are your club too. Up The Villa!

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2192 on: July 23, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »
Dear Mr. Purslow,

Please DO NOT hire algy as the club's (brand) naming consultant.

Yours, BV
Apologies all - I've let my family down, I've let our fine football club down, I've let this forum down, but most of all I've let myself down.

Mustn't spend so long out in the sun in future.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2193 on: July 23, 2021, 09:35:17 AM »
If we were talking club nicknames,  yes, we are far behind.

My favourite being Morecambe, The Shrimps.

Worrabout Southend?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2194 on: July 23, 2021, 10:52:25 AM »
Dear Mr. Purslow,

Yours, BV
Apologies all - I've let my family down, I've let our fine football club down, I've let this forum down, but most of all I've let myself down.

Welcome home. I hope you've learned a valuable lesson.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2195 on: July 23, 2021, 11:13:26 AM »
Dear Mr. Purslow,

Yours, BV

It's ok. Have a drink, take some time over the weekend and you'll be right as rain on Monday.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2196 on: July 23, 2021, 11:38:30 AM »

I even love how we say 'The Villa'. From time to time, exiled in Bristol, I get asked about saying 'The' Villa when I say things like, "I'm not around on Saturday, I'm going to watch The Villa".

It's a perfect opportunity to remind them there are lots named United, City, Rovers, etc. but there is only one Villa.

It's a privilege that I was born and grew up 3-4 miles from Villa Park and that they are my club - as they are your club too. Up The Villa!
100%.  I always remeber my Grandad saying 'up the Villa,' every time we visited.  I had stickers with it on on the frame of my bed.  I love how UTV is still used so much - a phrase from a bygone era that still resonates with me.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #2197 on: July 23, 2021, 11:56:43 AM »

100%.  I always remeber my Grandad saying 'up the Villa,' every time we visited.  I had stickers with it on on the frame of my bed.  I love how UTV is still used so much - a phrase from a bygone era that still resonates with me.

Yep, UTV was a response to a sneeze growing up in my household.

Continuing the reverie, I love that my grandma had a system to keep my grandad informed of the latest score as he worked on a Saturday afternoon in his opticians shop in Cotteridge, however many rings for a villa/opposition goal etc.

Grateful we had those glory years with him including our greatest day together 4 years before he died, likewise our best chance since now, to get back up there.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2198 on: July 23, 2021, 11:59:25 AM »

I say it all the time when out and about when you see a young lad or girl in a Villa shirt. Always gets a smile and a reciprocated reply.  It sounds like   something you would see in a 1940s or 50s football comic and probably have but is still very relevant today and it's use should be encouraged.   

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2199 on: July 23, 2021, 12:07:42 PM »

I say it all the time when out and about when you see a young lad or girl in a Villa shirt. Always gets a smile and a reciprocated reply.  It sounds like   something you would see in a 1940s or 50s football comic and probably have but is still very relevant today and it's use should be encouraged.   
UTV.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2200 on: July 23, 2021, 12:18:38 PM »

I do the same. Wherever and whenever, the presence of another enlightened soul should always be acknowledged with it.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2201 on: July 23, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »
Dear Mr. Purslow,

Yours, BV

We’re not angry with you, just disappointed.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2202 on: July 23, 2021, 12:22:29 PM »

I do the same. Wherever and whenever, the presence of another enlightened soul should always be acknowledged with it.

And me, although I get fewer chances to do so than most of us, peripatetic twat that I am.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #2203 on: July 23, 2021, 12:29:27 PM »
We don't think you're peripatetic, mate.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2204 on: July 23, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »
Ha! Thanks Richard.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal