collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 668160 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1770 on: October 15, 2020, 07:12:21 PM »
Didnt the new owners say there was some merit to part of Xia's fantasies ie the regeneration of the Aston environs as a "smart town" of sorts? Maybe they were just trying to say something - anything, good about him...

As I recall Sawiris and Edens tried their best to be diplomatic, discreet and polite regarding any statements about Xia whilst he still had a minority share. But I seem to recall once he was history they did make a few comments that were less than complimentary of Sir Shit Shoes.

Offline colin69

« Reply #1771 on: October 15, 2020, 07:21:52 PM »
Would be some story if Dr Tony cured Covid.

🤢🤧  + 💉🇨🇳🧑🏽‍🔬 = 😃🌍🥳
I almost choked when I saw this.....bloody brilliant.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #1772 on: October 15, 2020, 07:29:17 PM »
I always thought the main issue was the Chinese Government changing its rules for taking money out which scuppered him transferring funds. I really don't know if he had any to transfer, who can say?

Would I be cruel to tell him Santa Claus doesn’t exist either?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1773 on: October 15, 2020, 08:33:26 PM »

🤢🤧  + 💉🇨🇳🧑🏽‍🔬 = 😃🌍🥳

Emoji post of 2020!

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1774 on: October 15, 2020, 09:00:11 PM »
I’m sure some journo from the Mail on Sunday went out to see him in Beijing where he was apparently shown some bank draft copy for squillions.  Can anyone find it?

Just like Tony Xia’s accountant, no, but I have found a barrel of mono sodium glutamate.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1775 on: October 15, 2020, 09:32:11 PM »
I always thought the main issue was the Chinese Government changing its rules for taking money out which scuppered him transferring funds. I really don't know if he had any to transfer, who can say?

The only issue with that is it hasn't appeared to have scuppered Fosun FC down the road and the other Chinese-owned clubs in Spain and Italy.

He bet the farm (or more to the point the TV money) on getting up in two years. When that didn't work, the shitty-shoed berk had nowhere to turn.

It's totally appropriate that Randolph was hoodwinked by a chancer of that nature.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #1776 on: October 15, 2020, 09:45:16 PM »

The very wealthy and well connected in China already have a large amount of assets outside the country. Traditionally  a US green card too, since China doesn’t allow dual nationality ie a second passport.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1777 on: October 15, 2020, 09:55:38 PM »

🤢🤧  + 💉🇨🇳🧑🏽‍🔬 = 😃🌍🥳

Emoji post of 2020!

Yes  but Dr Tony's posts were never as coherent as that.

They were like a clue from that 3,2,1 Dusty Bin show.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1778 on: October 15, 2020, 10:12:02 PM »
Id love to know the story behind Xia. Money must have changed hands with lerner, how did he do it?

Was Steve Hollis's job to sell the club when he was appointed chairman in the car crash 15/16. Properly weird period, had David Bernstein and Adrian Bevington as emergency troubleshooters on the board but they resigned pretty quickly.

Hollis is still around in Brum so that would be good interview to get his thoughts on Dr Fraud.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1779 on: October 15, 2020, 10:53:21 PM »
From when MON walked out up until the start of this season the cast of characters that have passed through our club on and off the pitch would have made even Cecil B. DeMille question the size of the cast.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1780 on: October 16, 2020, 06:57:58 AM »

🤢🤧  + 💉🇨🇳🧑🏽‍🔬 = 😃🌍🥳

Hahaha very good.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1781 on: October 16, 2020, 06:12:30 PM »
Id love to know the story behind Xia. Money must have changed hands with lerner, how did he do it?

Was Steve Hollis's job to sell the club when he was appointed chairman in the car crash 15/16. Properly weird period, had David Bernstein and Adrian Bevington as emergency troubleshooters on the board but they resigned pretty quickly.

Hollis is still around in Brum so that would be good interview to get his thoughts on Dr Fraud.

God, I had totally forgotten Hollis.

The number of people backroom and squad / management who have come, fucked up and gone the last ten years is amazing.

Also strange that the one person who perhaps everyone thought would drag us into the new era, Tom Fox, turned out to be one of the worst.

"I drew up a list of potential managers and it had one name on it. Tim Sherwood."

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #1782 on: October 16, 2020, 06:15:52 PM »
Welcome.
Question number 1. Is there anyway a solution can be found that prevents us selling our best players?
Think this has been answered?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #1783 on: October 18, 2020, 09:51:26 PM »

The very wealthy and well connected in China already have a large amount of assets outside the country. Traditionally  a US green card too, since China doesn’t allow dual nationality ie a second passport.

They also keep a Cypriot passport in their bottom drawer, just in case they need it in future.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #1784 on: October 18, 2020, 10:05:01 PM »

They also keep a Cypriot passport in their bottom drawer, just in case they need it in future.

Passports 1st Tourism a distant 2nd.

Modern Cyprus.

I lived on that Island for a few years. Sell their grandmothers? 
You bet.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal