collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92617 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #240 on: June 06, 2018, 11:04:49 PM »
I would fight you for her. With pistols if needs be.

6 weeks until the new series.  Even if we don't have a club left to support, at least Suits is back. And it's got Katherine Heigl in it, a more than adequate replacement for Princess Megan.

At least we have our priorities right!

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #241 on: June 06, 2018, 11:17:58 PM »
Many cries and whispers on social media tonight, but one interesting tidbit was that controls in China haven't changed outlandishly in recent months, but it can happen at random to people and companies with not much notice given. Also, the concept of 'saving face' seems incredibly important in that culture.

Indeed. More than most can even conceive or have any appreciation. My Father in Law works in Shanghai

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #242 on: June 06, 2018, 11:28:17 PM »
So what i'd like to know is this Xia know the level of wages being paid out was he aware that all his money coming in was being used up ?

Who signed off on the contracts , I do recall Xia not being keen on the Snodgrass move for instance but seeming to reluctantly go along with it .Was he so guliable /  trusting to just agree to what Wyness said

On Wyness he worked at Everton back when they had little cash and would have paid modest wages so why in the hell did we start paying 30-40 k wages in the championship when clearly no one else in the league was paying near that .Infact the argument made against Wolves was they were claiming to be paying the big signings modest salaries  with the insinuation being they were being paid  by Mendez under the table

I recall for instance McCormack was being chased by Norwich when we signed him , they were clearly not going to pay 40k a week and Fulham were not going to be paying him that either so why did we go so high ..

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #243 on: June 06, 2018, 11:52:33 PM »
Many cries and whispers on social media tonight, but one interesting tidbit was that controls in China haven't changed outlandishly in recent months, but it can happen at random to people and companies with not much notice given. Also, the concept of 'saving face' seems incredibly important in that culture.

Indeed. More than most can even conceive or have any appreciation. My Father in Law works in Shanghai

In Japan public failure carries a deep stigma and is almost the ultimate shame. It's also in the Japanese psyche to take personal responsibility for failure. I don't know if the same is true of China but if it is I imagine our owner will be taking this very hard indeed.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2018, 05:41:24 AM »
Dr Xia isn't fit to run this great club. New owners are a must. Xia has lost any credibility with the supporters. The club has gone back years; the new Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday etc.,

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #245 on: June 07, 2018, 05:52:00 AM »

In Japan public failure carries a deep stigma and is almost the ultimate shame. It's also in the Japanese psyche to take personal responsibility for failure. I don't know if the same is true of China but if it is I imagine our owner will be taking this very hard indeed.

Absolutely spot on, mate.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2018, 06:18:11 AM »
I would fight you for her. With pistols if needs be.

6 weeks until the new series.  Even if we don't have a club left to support, at least Suits is back. And it's got Katherine Heigl in it, a more than adequate replacement for Princess Megan.

While you pair fight for Donna I will have Scotty. Be interesting to see what it's like without Mike. Bit shruggy about Rachel going but Mike will be a big miss.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #247 on: June 07, 2018, 06:21:49 AM »
Don't give too much away, please. I haven't finished series/season 5 yet.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2018, 06:27:33 AM »
Scarily reminiscent of Leeds in 2007. Ridsdale banked on Champions League qualification in the preceding seasons with heavy financial investment on players and failed.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #249 on: June 07, 2018, 06:51:15 AM »
I knew we were gambling and settled with myself to ignore it until we knew our fate

I never imagined it was this reckless. It looks every bit as bad as Leeds from what we've been seeing, but with fewer players we can sell for a profit

I can't see why anyone would want to buy villa at the moment. You'd just wait a year or two until either administration or at least we've had to pay off more of our outstanding liabilities from all that profligacy wouldn't you?

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2018, 06:57:20 AM »
By which time we might not own the training ground or Villa Park. I hope there is a middle ground of realisation and Tony sells cheaply for the good of the place.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2018, 07:07:23 AM »
I just don’t get who would want to buy the club. It sounds like they’d be inheriting an absolute basket case.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2018, 07:33:52 AM »
Ridiculous to think that one goal could cause all this.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2018, 07:40:52 AM »
Wonder what the BMH renaming was all about if there wasn’t any money to pump in?

All part of the house of cards and we fell for it.

Offline McGraths Dry Cleaning

« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2018, 07:47:10 AM »
Ridiculous to think that one goal could cause all this.
One goal didn't cause all this - its been years of decline, poor management in the wider sense and poor decision making. Villa has been dysfunctional for years and we've forgot how to be a competitive football club. The world's moved on but we havenn't.

Someone will always be interested in buying Villa. The potential is there with the support and facilities. Dark times ahead for sure but we need to move on. Supporters too. Sometimes threads on here read like an episode of whatever happened to the likely lads. Wallowing in nostalgia isn't going to make us competitive again. I've been going since the late 70's but the club needs to modernise. Too many people involved in Villa think we just have to turn up. Like we did against "little" Fulham.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal