collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)  (Read 92481 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: The Pit of Misery (All mess in here)
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2018, 08:55:32 PM »
On the bright side that estimate 5m a month loss includes wages of the loan players and the players who are out of contract, so it'll only be 3.5m a month come end of july...

yep i reckon with terry, snodgrass, gabby, hutton, grabban, samba, johnstone etc.. going thats the thick end of a million off it

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2018, 08:55:48 PM »
Taking a loan to pay a debt is not good.
It does not mean the debt is gone, it just means it’s moved and it’s now bigger.

If the answer to a cash flow crisis is to keep taking loans we are truly fecked, and it won’t be long before he runs out of people prepared to give the loans.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:58:38 PM by andyh »

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #167 on: June 06, 2018, 08:56:56 PM »
So basically sell anything and everything until there is nothing left it looks like to me.

The Chinese regulations haven't happened over night and still no solution to it makes me think that Dr Xia is really skint Tone. Scrambling around, selling on debts, calling in future payments, loaning against everything.

Fucking ******.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #168 on: June 06, 2018, 08:58:02 PM »
It does not mean the debt is gone, it just means it’s moved and it’s now bigger.

If the answer to a cash flow crisis is to keep taking loans we are truly fecked.

I assume you won't be voting to put a Marxist in the Treasury then next General Election.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #169 on: June 06, 2018, 08:58:40 PM »
Next time someone tells you ''trust them, they must know what they'redoing, they're millionaires'' Just remember Lerner and this clueless twat.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2018, 09:00:27 PM »
How long is a 2m loan going to keep the wolves from the door?

If we’re losing 5 million a month less than a fortnight.

It basically depends if you believe the cash is there and the main impediment is the flow as controlles by Chinese govt. But you've got to be sceptical!

I don't see how Xia can ever show his face at villa park again. Even if you think Wyness was acting badly and tried to sell the club from under him, its down to an incredibly reckless approach.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2018, 09:01:02 PM »
So basically sell anything and everything until there is nothing left it looks like to me.

The Chinese regulations haven't happened over night and still no solution to it makes me think that Dr Xia is really skint Tone. Scrambling around, selling on debts, calling in future payments, loaning against everything.

Fucking c***.

See that doesnt make sense to me, If he was ‘only’ a multi millionaire, why has he been using up all of his wealth bankrolling a team on the other side of the world when the returns of selling when/if we got to the PL weren’t that great anyway?

The ‘can’t access his money from China’ story seems plausible to me.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2018, 09:01:35 PM »
Many cries and whispers on social media tonight, but one interesting tidbit was that controls in China haven't changed outlandishly in recent months, but it can happen at random to people and companies with not much notice given. Also, the concept of 'saving face' seems incredibly important in that culture.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #173 on: June 06, 2018, 09:02:20 PM »
When's the next H&V coming out? It is going to be a collector's edition.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #174 on: June 06, 2018, 09:06:24 PM »

If the answer to a cash flow crisis is to keep taking loans we are truly fecked.

It really depends what you do next.  If the next step after seeing off the immediate cashflow crisis is to announce a new investor who's throwing a fortune into the club to keep us viable whilst we restructure and get the P&L back inline then it's reasonable and sensible. If you try to carry on without any changes hoping to sell a few players to save you then yes, you're fecked.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #175 on: June 06, 2018, 09:06:58 PM »
Many cries and whispers on social media tonight, but one interesting tidbit was that controls in China haven't changed outlandishly in recent months, but it can happen at random to people and companies with not much notice given. Also, the concept of 'saving face' seems incredibly important in that culture.

Fucking c***.

See that doesnt make sense to me, If he was ‘only’ a multi millionaire, why has he been using up all of his wealth bankrolling a team on the other side of the world when the returns of selling when/if we got to the PL weren’t that great anyway?

The ‘can’t access his money from China’ story seems plausible to me.

It doesn't sound plausible to me that the Government would let his investment go to the wall even though he has millions and millions at home sitting there. Surely there would be some sort of offer to allow him to deal with exceptional circumstances. Not just an attitude of ''tough shit, it can go to the wall, lose all your money you've invested''

Doesn't make sense to me.

Offline myf

« Reply #176 on: June 06, 2018, 09:07:43 PM »

Isn't the only way he's going to save face to sell the club? Otherwise just sounds like a spiral of despair selling players to pay debts, potential relegation and FFP sanction next year?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #177 on: June 06, 2018, 09:09:30 PM »
I think the FFP thing is pretty much an irrelevance at the moment.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #178 on: June 06, 2018, 09:12:17 PM »
Aston Villa are due c£15m in 2018-19 in parachute payments. I have discovered a sizeable amount of this has already been assigned to a bank and advanced in cash at a discount to the club. This appears already to have been spent (or the HMRC bill would not be a bother). #AVFC

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2018, 09:13:37 PM »
More good news.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal