collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Norwich City vs Aston Choking Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 21183 times)

Offline Dinas_Caerdydd

Re: Norwich City vs Aston Choking Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 07, 2018, 11:08:38 PM »
chris jameson the clash are the godfathers of the punk rock scene to me but i love sham too

clash city rocker it was mental when sham played top rank in cardiff too back then  . the cockney kids were sent home back to london packing never too return to south wales . the punk thing exploded all over south wales and south wales is a very tough area

as for the footie could go either way tuesday night i,m in bits especially after last night against wolves

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #181 on: April 07, 2018, 11:22:03 PM »
chris jameson the clash are the godfathers of the punk rock scene to me but i love sham too

clash city rocker it was mental when sham played top rank in cardiff too back then  . the cockney kids were sent home back to london packing never too return to south wales . the punk thing exploded all over south wales and south wales is a very tough area

as for the footie could go either way tuesday night i,m in bits especially after last night against wolves

I've been in bits for years following the Villa. However one day the mighty Villa will return and the great fans of the most beautifully named football team in the world will again rejoice and show that we are amongst the greatest fans on god''s earth. Remember that roar that went around Wembley with a couple of minutes to go against Liverpool.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #182 on: April 07, 2018, 11:25:27 PM »
An absolutely abject performance.

From kick off I thought the players were flat and lacked energy, as did the crowd ( both sets of fans). But our play was mainly sideways and lacking zip, with Adomah and Snodgrass notably off the pace going forward.

Taylor, who was poor all afternoon, gave too much space to Murphy - I think he was scared of being dragged too far infield - and that gave them a buzz for the 2nd half. In which we were generally awful. Too many players below par, for me only Grealish and Bjarnason were above average.

Hogan makes good runs but nobody sees them, not even Jack. Fuck knows what they do in training. Once again we barely troubled their keeper.

I was on the front row in seat number 1 by the corner flag so a shit place from which to analyse ( especially with a gaggle of stewards, cops and a bleeding cameraman fanning around) but a pissed idiot on a motorbike could see we had no pattern to our play, and the subs made no difference, probably because I can’t imagine they practice with that front 3 in training. We got exactly what we deserved.

Momentum has disappeared and I fear for us against Cardiff.

Offline Ayup

« Reply #183 on: April 07, 2018, 11:52:09 PM »
Absolutely fucking shite. Fuck off you c***s. Waste of my fucking time and every other fuckers.

I'd love to break my foot kicking every fucking one of those fucking c***s into next week. Fucking bottling shower of half arsed shite.

Hooray. The penny has dropped.

Offline vilan461

« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2018, 06:10:16 AM »
A soulless display a neutral fan would have been hard pressed to know which club was pressing for promotion.
If we keep on loosing games and Millwall keep on winning them,then the final game could well determine that 6th place play off spot-and quite frankly i wouldnt fancy our chances.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2018, 06:51:51 AM »
now I know how Derby fans feel every season

Offline yamyam

« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2018, 07:10:33 AM »
Norwich really do have a history of fucking up our chances of doing something.
not sure where you get that idea from our record is W32  (inc league cup final)-L20 

Offline vilan461

« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2018, 07:58:29 AM »
Sorry duplicate post.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 08:25:14 AM by vilan461 »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2018, 09:06:26 AM »
Very similar to the QPR performance, a complete lack of energy, commitment and aggression.

That said I thought we had slightly the better of the first half until the wonder goal. Second half just shite.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2018, 09:51:05 AM »
We are so annoyingly inconsistent, from game to game but also from half to half. Decent without being great to start with yesterday but then we offered so little after going behind. Fingers will get pointed at the manager, it’s the easy thing to do, and he clearly has to take some of the blame but there has to be more to it for experienced players who we know can perform so much better not to be able to put it right on the pitch themselves.

We should still reach the play offs but which version of Villa will turn up for them is anybody’s guess.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2018, 09:52:50 AM »
We are so annoyingly inconsistent, from game to game but also from half to half. Decent without being great to start with yesterday but then we offered so little after going behind. Fingers will get pointed at the manager, it’s the easy thing to do, and he clearly has to take some of the blame but there has to be more to it for experienced players who we know can perform so much better not to be able to put it right on the pitch themselves.

We should still reach the play offs but which version of Villa will turn up for them is anybody’s guess.

I think I can guess.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2018, 09:54:50 AM »
An absolutely abject performance.

From kick off I thought the players were flat and lacked energy, as did the crowd ( both sets of fans). But our play was mainly sideways and lacking zip, with Adomah and Snodgrass notably off the pace going forward.

The lack of urgency was utterly bizarre, considering what was at stake.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2018, 09:56:43 AM »
I keep reading about all these fantastic sports science thingymebobs that tell the coaches which players are knackered in training. I don’t know why we bother paying for them as half the team looked tired to me.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2018, 10:03:30 AM »
I keep reading about all these fantastic sports science thingymebobs that tell the coaches which players are knackered in training. I don’t know why we bother paying for them as half the team looked tired to me.

That shouldn’t have been an issue yesterday surely, we had made changes for the previous game which was a stroll where we had been able to take some players off early.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2018, 10:06:36 AM »
Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce slams his players, admitting: 'They've let themselves down'

The manager also admitted that he felt for supporters after the 3-1 defeat

Steve Bruce reckons his Aston Villa players let themselves and the supporters down in the battering at Carrow Road.

Any faint hopes of automatic promotion were extinguished with this 3-1 defeat and Bruce was quick to slam his under-performing stars.

“We didn’t do enough,” he said.

“Supporters get up at five or six o’clock to support their team.

“The supporters have been brilliant, they have sold out everywhere they go.

“You always feel you have let them down.

“But I think the players have let themselves down and the team.”

“We’ve squandered a good opportunity and that’s when it becomes disappointing and frustrating,” said Bruce.

“It ain’t over, certainly not with five games left and six for others.

“But the last few games we have found ourselves wanting.”

“What that is down to, I don’t know.

“That’s the most disappointing thing.

“I didn’t think there was any zip to us at all from the first whistle.

“I thought Norwich were the same in the first-half.

“I thought they were just as lacklustre. The kid scores a great goal.

“The second and the third goal are then so unlike us. In the end we got what we deserved, which was absolutely nothing.”

Goals from Josh Murphy, Dennis Srbeny and James Maddison inflicted a third defeat in five games on Villa, who had brief ray of light when Jack Grealish pulled one back at 2-1.

But in truth the scoreline could have been even greater in favour of the hosts with Norwich boss Daniel Farke admitting: “We could have scored five or six’.
When the manager of Norwich city, and I mean no disrespect to them, says"we could of had 5 or 6" it tells it's own story. Bruce is a nice guy but you don't get a trophy for that. Hes clearly not up to the task. The club desperately needs a shot in the arm and the should be scouring the planet for a manager who can get us back where we want to be. They're out there and we have to find the right man. Who'd heard of Nuno before this season? Bruce out.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 10:34:28 AM by The Edge »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal