collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Rory
[Today at 02:36:36 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 118638 times)

Offline robbo1874

Re: Axel Tuanzebe (Returned to Manyoo)
« Reply #495 on: July 10, 2019, 08:28:51 AM »
I’d be very happy if we can get him on loan for another season, I think he’s quality. Everyone’s talking about the Ming’s signing. Based on the players we know about, i’d Say probably the El Ghazi deal was the best bit of business, followed by Mings. But another season on loan for Axel would be a close 3rd in my view. Would be a great bit of business for us the player. Win win. I get the point about developing other clubs’ players, but the flip side is we get a player we know is reliable and can do a job, for relatively little outlay and almost no risk.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #496 on: July 10, 2019, 08:33:08 AM »
If we take him on loan again, ideally it would be with an option to buy at the end of the season. He would be far better off just moving to us directly. It's surely going to happen sooner or later!

I also like the fact that if we sign Tuanzebe we will have, Tammy apart, kept the nucleus of younger players in the team from last season.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #497 on: July 10, 2019, 08:46:57 AM »
If we take him on loan again, ideally it would be with an option to buy at the end of the season. He would be far better off just moving to us directly. It's surely going to happen sooner or later!

I also like the fact that if we sign Tuanzebe we will have, Tammy apart, kept the nucleus of younger players in the team from last season.
And Tammy is the one who I most doubted would make the step up to the Premiership.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #498 on: July 10, 2019, 09:00:34 AM »

And Tammy is the one who I most doubted would make the step up to the Premiership.
who needs Tammy when you’ve got Wesley 😄

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #499 on: July 10, 2019, 09:02:55 AM »
Tammy is the one who I also doubted could make the Premier League step up....
In a strong side, who create chances then I think he'd be ok, but his all-round-game, in terms of holding up the ball, movement etc isn't much stronger than Kodjia's.
I'd be happy if we could loan him again, but I think we could be better off with a physical target man, like Wesley, or an on-form and happy Benteke.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #500 on: July 11, 2019, 10:26:19 AM »
I thought the message was pretty clear that We will not develop other teams players but instead buy and develop our own.

It’s a great move if despite their initial stance that Purslow/Smith feels we are being priced out of equivalent talent. No point paying stupid money. This not only fills a need. It reunites a defensive partnership with already very good and developing chemistry. It also buys us time if indeed we cannot keep AT long term.

what you say is true

but then they shouldn't make statements that they don't have intentions of keeping there's no point saying stuff if its meaningless nonsense

Except it isn't meaningless; surely you've said stuff and then changed your mind as circumstances alter?

We've already made how many permanent signings? No other loans suggest we're not in the loan market per se but if it makes financial and football sense then we should do it. Plus this one gives us continuity.

Oh and the Tuanzebe beat is fun.

maybe they didn't change their minds after all

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #501 on: July 11, 2019, 12:28:15 PM »
Thanks Axel for everything but I fear you have made a mistake

Remember to wave as we pass you on the way up

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #502 on: August 03, 2019, 11:19:17 AM »
Reports this morning about him being made available for another 12 months loan.
We can’t take him as well can we as we’re now top heavy with CB’s ?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #503 on: August 03, 2019, 11:28:26 AM »
Reports this morning about him being made available for another 12 months loan.
We can’t take him as well can we as we’re now top heavy with CB’s ?

I'd be worried if we did. Too many players to keep happy in that situation. Great to have plenty of options and depth but 6 CBs is overkill unless we're looking to play 3 across the back.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2019, 11:41:32 AM »
He didn't have to sign a new contract this summer. Instead he has committed himself to Man Utd, and the consequence of that is potentially to be loaned out every year whilst they break the world transfer record for a defender. Unfortunately he is complicit in this situation. Much better for us to make permanent signings whose value (to us) increases as we develop them.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
It's nonsense from someone who's clearly forgot we bought 4 centre backs already....he also reports on wrestling, I rest my cakes.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #506 on: August 03, 2019, 12:23:20 PM »
It's nonsense from someone who's clearly forgot we bought 4 centre backs already....he also reports on wrestling, I rest my cakes.

It's a half-baked suggestion.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #507 on: August 03, 2019, 12:29:47 PM »
Let's not over egg this

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #508 on: August 03, 2019, 12:38:59 PM »
Just bake-off the pair of you.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #509 on: August 03, 2019, 12:47:12 PM »
He didn't have to sign a new contract this summer. Instead he has committed himself to Man Utd, and the consequence of that is potentially to be loaned out every year whilst they break the world transfer record for a defender. Unfortunately he is complicit in this situation. Much better for us to make permanent signings whose value (to us) increases as we develop them.
Agree completely. That ship, for him, has sailed. He's decided he wants to play for Man Utd Reserves, which means he's not good enough for Villa.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal