collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 117976 times)

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (Returned to Manyoo)
« Reply #480 on: July 06, 2019, 03:01:30 PM »
I think he has what it takes to be a decent Premier League centre-half, but I suspect that it won't be at Manchester United.  The fan-base at Old Trafford is going through that delusional transition when a once-great club is on the slide: they reckon they are entitled to a better quality of player that the ones they currently have.  Axel will be in the defence the next time they get dicked three or four by Liverpool or Citeh and his shaky performance will have the fans on his back.  Confidence shot, he'll end up back out on loan and in a season or two join a club in a similar position to where we are now.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #481 on: July 06, 2019, 03:44:40 PM »
I think he has what it takes to be a decent Premier League centre-half, but I suspect that it won't be at Manchester United.  The fan-base at Old Trafford is going through that delusional transition when a once-great club is on the slide: they reckon they are entitled to a better quality of player that the ones they currently have.  Axel will be in the defence the next time they get dicked three or four by Liverpool or Citeh and his shaky performance will have the fans on his back.  Confidence shot, he'll end up back out on loan and in a season or two join a club in a similar position to where we are now.

I think similar but with a straight sale rather than a loan out. See Brown, W, O'Shea, J or Evans, J. Or he could be another Smalling or Jones and be able to stick around a while but never really amounting to much. A Johnny Evans is probably the best he can hope for.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #482 on: July 09, 2019, 08:41:52 PM »
Axel back on loan seems to be gathering pace, with an option to buy would be good as well.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #483 on: July 09, 2019, 08:44:43 PM »
I thought the message was pretty clear that We will not develop other teams players but instead buy and develop our own.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #484 on: July 09, 2019, 08:51:50 PM »
I thought the message was pretty clear that We will not develop other teams players but instead buy and develop our own.

There's an exception to every rule, such as a short-term fix who can slot straight into a position where we're a bit short.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 08:59:15 PM by dave.woodhall »

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #485 on: July 09, 2019, 08:54:52 PM »
Axel back on loan seems to be gathering pace, with an option to buy would be good as well.

I doubt we will get the option to buy. but have no concerns about that.  It sorts out a problem for the short term, and possibly leaves money available to spend elsewhere.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #486 on: July 09, 2019, 09:00:32 PM »

It’s a great move if despite their initial stance that Purslow/Smith feels we are being priced out of equivalent talent. No point paying stupid money. This not only fills a need. It reunites a defensive partnership with already very good and developing chemistry. It also buys us time if indeed we cannot keep AT long term.

Offline mike

« Reply #487 on: July 09, 2019, 09:02:18 PM »

There's an exception to every rule, such as a short-term fix who can slot straight into a position where we're a bit short.

Exactly, he provides a degree of continuity which adds x% to his playing ability (which I very much rate,)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #488 on: July 09, 2019, 09:20:12 PM »

Precisely. The development point is secondary to our immediate need.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #489 on: July 09, 2019, 09:31:43 PM »
Is he part of the squad that went on the Australian tour?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #490 on: July 09, 2019, 09:32:28 PM »

It’s a great move if despite their initial stance that Purslow/Smith feels we are being priced out of equivalent talent. No point paying stupid money. This not only fills a need. It reunites a defensive partnership with already very good and developing chemistry. It also buys us time if indeed we cannot keep AT long term.
Yes.  It doesn't really cost us any more in the long run - we can pay £25m for Webster now + approx 45k wages (at a guess).  Or just pay the wages for Axel and look for better value in the transfer market over the next 12 months.  This assumes Man U won't be seeking a big loan fee.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #491 on: July 09, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »

what you say is true

but then they shouldn't make statements that they don't have intentions of keeping there's no point saying stuff if its meaningless nonsense

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #492 on: July 09, 2019, 10:48:47 PM »

what you say is true

but then they shouldn't make statements that they don't have intentions of keeping there's no point saying stuff if its meaningless nonsense

I agree to a point. But leadership needs to also retain the flexibility to adapt if the circumstances and business environment changes. And especially as in this instance it means bringing back a player they know and trust. I think had this been anyone else (with the only other exception of Tammy) then I do think we would even consider it.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #493 on: July 10, 2019, 05:41:51 AM »
Be surprised if they let him go but suppose it lets them see if he can cut it in the PL while they persist with center halves that clearly can’t and/or spend 100m or whatever it is on Maguire.

I know we’d rather avoid loans but as mentioned above, for the sake of continuity worth an exception in this case.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #494 on: July 10, 2019, 07:30:31 AM »

what you say is true

Except it isn't meaningless; surely you've said stuff and then changed your mind as circumstances alter?

We've already made how many permanent signings? No other loans suggest we're not in the loan market per se but if it makes financial and football sense then we should do it. Plus this one gives us continuity.

Oh and the Tuanzebe beat is fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal