collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 118897 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan again)
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2018, 09:30:31 PM »
Who's 17 ?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2018, 09:31:45 PM »
The nipper from Bury. He may be 18 now.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
God I'd completely forgotten about him. I'll put him in the Ivo Stas file.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2018, 09:48:11 PM »
There's something ironic about people who want the managers head bemoaning him not playing a 17 year old at centre half.

Except that's not what I said is it.  If he plays tuanzebe at centre back then I'm ok with it, but picking him at right back ahead of RDL is fucking stupid and if we're gonig to do fucking stupid things to get kids so experience then why do it with kids who won't give a fuck about us in June?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2018, 09:59:37 PM »
You want Bruce out. It's 5 games in. You're stating it's odd he won't give a 17/18 year old game time. Why do you think, with this sort of pressure and it being his neck on the block that he doesn't gamble with somebody so young and inexperienced?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2018, 10:05:29 PM »
There's absolutely no way that bedeau is ready

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2018, 10:26:07 PM »

Does anyone else get "On a ragga tip" by SL2 in their head as soon as Bedeau is mentioned?

No, just me then.

Online paul_e

« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2018, 11:48:51 PM »
You want Bruce out. It's 5 games in. You're stating it's odd he won't give a 17/18 year old game time. Why do you think, with this sort of pressure and it being his neck on the block that he doesn't gamble with somebody so young and inexperienced?

Me wanting him out or not is irrelevant, I want what's best for the club. RDL is a better right back than tuanzebe and was in good form in pre-season, would you agree? If he moves Tuanzebe to centre back in a game or 2 then fine, but if he's still playing right back in another month or 2 then, for me, it's  waste of a loan and just an unnecessary block in front of our own young players.

I agree Bedeau doesn't look ready but I'd have liked to have seen Suliman get some time in the cup games.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2018, 01:00:16 AM »
It’s great that Bruce would rather Help develop Spurs and United players rather than try to develop our own.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2018, 06:17:12 AM »

Does anyone else get "On a ragga tip" by SL2 in their head as soon as Bedeau is mentioned?

No, just me then.

I didn’t but I do now. Thanks a lot!

Offline villabear

« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2018, 04:08:39 AM »
So Bruce decided to ‘look at’ Tuanzebe I midfield then last night. Why? It’s not like we haven’t got defensive midfielders.

Just read this from the Manchester Evening News regarding his (according to them) poor performance against Brentford last week.

Now just read the last line.

Manchester United player Axel Tuanzebe's difficult start to Aston Villa loan continues

Man Utd loanee Tuanzebe has established himself in Aston Villa's first team, but was arguably at fault for both goals they conceded in a 2-2 draw with Brentford.

Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe has had a mixed start to life at Aston Villa, with his performance against Brentford last night featuring two key errors.

Tuanzebe joined Villa for a second spell this summer, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Villa Park.

He has taken the number four shirt for Steve Bruce's side and started both the 3-2 win over Wigan and 1-1 draw at Ipswich - although there were question marks in his role for the Ipswich goal as he appeared to block his own goalkeeper from collecting a simple long-throw that was then finished into an unguarded net.

And he was arguably at fault for both Brentford goals last night as Villa needed a last-minute Jonathan Kodjia header to rescue a 2-2 draw.

Tuanzebe started the game well, initially holding his own against highly-rated Brentford winger Ollie Watkins and standing strong in defence to start counter attacks.

He was caught out for Brentford's opener, though, as he was caught in no-mans's-land for a back-post cross that Watkins knocked down for Neal Maupay to finish.

The full-back continued to push up and down the right flank, and Villa equalised as half-time approached.

In the second half, Tuanzebe was again beaten by Watkins, who was allowed to advance and produce a fierce shot with Maupay on hand to knock in the rebound.

Villa needed a response and Tuanzebe was immediately substituted for midfielder Conor Hourihane - perhaps reflective of his poor performance against Watkins.

In the end, Kodjia's injury-time equaliser rescued Villa, but Tuanzebe will need to up his game in future because there are several handy wingers such as Watkins in the Championship.

Still, if anyone can improve a young defender, it is Steve Bruce.

Really?

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2018, 07:06:29 AM »
Interesting viewpoint. Tough audience.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #252 on: August 29, 2018, 10:36:13 AM »
He has been shite at right back so far, Watkins murdered him and he looks about as brave physically as Stuart Downing.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #253 on: August 29, 2018, 10:38:43 AM »
He has been shite at right back so far, Watkins murdered him and he looks about as brave physically as Stuart Downing.

I can't think of a bigger insult than being compared to Stuart 'Hamster Bollox' Downing when it comes to bravery (or lack of).

Online paul_e

« Reply #254 on: August 29, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
Shite is a bit too harsh, I'd go with lost, he just doesn't seem to know where he's supposed to be at times, and with inexperience around him (Jedi out of position and Elmo in a role he doesn't suit) he's not getting enough support from someone like Chester  to fix those mistakes during the game.

This is what i was getting at the other day, I quite like the look of Tuanzebe but only as a centre back, if we're not playing him there then he's not good enough to be in the team anywhere else whilst Bruce decides if he'll let him play in his proper position.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal