collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 118669 times)

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan again)
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2018, 07:21:13 AM »
Maybe Bruce is playing him at right back so he gets game time in a position that is less exposed than centre half?

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
He had a hand in all three goals given away this week.  Done twice at home the Brentford and should have won a header, been braver yesterday in the centre of the park and smashed the bloke who beat him so the ball went into the box for Chester to go to ground.  Right back, or centre back, this guy seems riddled with mistakes that need ironing out very quickly.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2018, 09:55:05 AM »
He had a hand in all three goals given away this week.  Done twice at home the Brentford and should have won a header, been braver yesterday in the centre of the park and smashed the bloke who beat him so the ball went into the box for Chester to go to ground.  Right back, or centre back, this guy seems riddled with mistakes that need ironing out very quickly.

You only seem to see the negatives, he was good overall yesterday, to blame him for Chester's mistake is ridiculous.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2018, 11:25:01 PM »

You only seem to see the negatives, he was good overall yesterday, to blame him for Chester's mistake is ridiculous.

I didn't blame him for Chester's mistake, that was clearly Chester's fault.  However, he should have won a header and been braver in the middle of the park.  I wonder if this is why Bruce doesn't play him at centre back.  He's quick but he's not very brave, or tough.  I don't JUST see the negatives, I see the whole game.  He's ok, he's by no means the finished article, we all accept that.  Sadly, when a player is involved with three negatives in a week, that's what people are likely to see.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2018, 11:51:46 PM »
What has he bought to the squad that we did not have already?
If he is not here to play centre back then send him back.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2018, 11:52:25 PM »
I think its in the loan deal we play him at right-back. Mourinho doesn't rate him as a centre half or he'd be playing for them seeing he's publicly trashed most of the ones he has.  Its pretty obvious we've had to bend over backwards to persuade  premiership clubs to loan us players and indeed persuade the players to come from Bruce's comments, so you either agree or you don't get. Personally i'd tell them to fuck off, but i'm not bruce

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2018, 10:29:10 AM »
Center Back is his best posititon by the look of it but he's done ok at right back as well so far this season.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2018, 10:38:54 AM »
He has done ok, but it's the fact that we have 4 right backs on the books that makes the decision to play him there so puzzling.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #233 on: August 27, 2018, 10:39:21 AM »
Play him holding midfield or centre half. He's lost at right back. Full backs need to give you an attacking dimension. Ours give us bugger all.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2018, 10:40:48 AM »
I disagree, he's looking increasingly useful going forwards.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2018, 11:09:56 AM »
I disagree, he's looking increasingly useful going forwards.

Agree, he'll get better with more games. He's only played a handful so far. People are too quick to judge - give the guy another 6 games to get up to speed. Young players will make mistakes,  that's part of the learning curve. He'll be a real asset this season.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #236 on: August 27, 2018, 11:21:17 AM »
Tuanzebe is a decent player.  He's done OK at right back, but would probably be best at centre back.  But, and it's a big one, is he THAT much better than the four right backs we have already that it was worth bringing him instead of a position where we have far fewer options?  By common consensus, De Laet did well in pre-season, and I think Elmo did a pretty good job at right back last season.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #237 on: August 27, 2018, 08:09:04 PM »
I think he'll be playing centre back once he's had a few more games under his belt

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #238 on: August 27, 2018, 09:23:43 PM »
Tuanzebe is a decent player.  He's done OK at right back, but would probably be best at centre back.  But, and it's a big one, is he THAT much better than the four right backs we have already that it was worth bringing him instead of a position where we have far fewer options?  By common consensus, De Laet did well in pre-season, and I think Elmo did a pretty good job at right back last season.

The one for me is that Bruce seems completely unwilling to give Bedeau and Suliman any time because, like others, they've not played 'real' football but he was happy to take Tuanzebe who has a similar amount of experience. If he trusted him to play him in position then great but if we're playing a kid out of position ahead of better options then I want us to be the club that benefit from it, not man fucking utd.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2018, 09:25:03 PM »
There's something ironic about people who want the managers head bemoaning him not playing a 17 year old at centre half.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal