collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 118827 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan)
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2018, 08:09:10 PM »
Loads of people liked Walker but also said he was a worry defensively. It would hardly be a shock if Paulie said something along those lines, I know I did.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
Does he play for the actual Man United and not some other amateur club elsewhere in the world with the same name?

Absolute garbage.

Bit harsh. I remember you ripping into Kyle Walker a few times in his loan spell here, saying you'd never seen a full back with such shocking bad position.

Lad hasn't had a bad career has he?

He needs games in his proper position, CB. If he's bad there fair enough.

I don't think you do remember me giving Walker a hard time - I always rated him. I've had a quick look and can't find a single post in which I was critical of him. Although in any case, I don't really see what the relevance of that is here?

I've not seen a single thing from Tuanzabe which has impressed me in his time here. Nothing.

O.k maybe I'm confusing you with another poster.

I think it's too early to just be dismissing Tuanzebe as a waste of time as by all accounts he's a CB and he's not played a single minute for us there yet.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2018, 08:51:08 PM »
Does he play for the actual Man United and not some other amateur club elsewhere in the world with the same name?

Absolute garbage.

Bit harsh. I remember you ripping into Kyle Walker a few times in his loan spell here, saying you'd never seen a full back with such shocking bad position.

Lad hasn't had a bad career has he?

He needs games in his proper position, CB. If he's bad there fair enough.

I don't think you do remember me giving Walker a hard time - I always rated him. I've had a quick look and can't find a single post in which I was critical of him. Although in any case, I don't really see what the relevance of that is here?

I've not seen a single thing from Tuanzabe which has impressed me in his time here. Nothing.

O.k maybe I'm confusing you with another poster.

I think it's too early to just be dismissing Tuanzebe as a waste of time as by all accounts he's a CB and he's not played a single minute for us there yet.
Steve Bruce playing players out of position? That will never happen surely:)

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2018, 10:20:23 PM »
No idea why he is playing RB  especially when we have Bree who has more championship experiance in that position ...

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2018, 12:14:47 AM »
Second half he looked like his confidence was shot and you sensed he didn’t want the ball to go anywhere near him. I wouldn’t read too much into one performance though.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2018, 12:32:21 AM »
We can't afford passengers.  For me he can de-sign  on loan.  Apart from the first 45 minutes at Fulham he has shown not ready for this standard, certainly not a full back.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2018, 07:28:26 AM »
Maybe I watched a different game but I thought he was one of the few players to come out of the game with credit, he wasn’t great but he showed a lot of promise and looked very powerful.

If anything Bruce should have told him to get forward more as he looked like he could have just bulldozed through their back line. I lost a bit of interest second half and didn’t pay as much attention so I asssume he dropped off form.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2018, 09:53:12 AM »
Maybe I watched a different game but I thought he was one of the few players to come out of the game with credit, he wasn’t great but he showed a lot of promise and looked very powerful.

If anything Bruce should have told him to get forward more as he looked like he could have just bulldozed through their back line. I lost a bit of interest second half and didn’t pay as much attention so I asssume he dropped off form.

He didn't want the ball at all in the second half which  is alarming.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2018, 05:30:45 PM »

Looks pretty bloody woeful so far to me

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #159 on: April 03, 2018, 12:01:25 AM »
I'd like to see him in the centre of defence. He's not up to scratch at RB and we now have 7 games where we can afford to rotate players, in order to keep them fresh for the play offs.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2018, 12:13:17 AM »
Looks like many of the modern generation of young players (like Onomah) who have come through a system where physical attributes are rated above technical ones.  He looks to have questionable ability on the ball, but if CB is his genuine position then that is understandable.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #161 on: April 03, 2018, 12:30:24 AM »
A poster in one of the match related threads said that the player reminded him of of a young Micah Richards, who uses his physical attributes to good effect to mask his footballing prowess, and it struck me as a good comparison.

On the other hand, if he has spent most of his career as a CB, then it is not surprising. Completely different skill sets, unless you are MoN.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #162 on: April 03, 2018, 12:33:28 AM »
It will be very good for his  development to play Right back  at this level, but no use to us whatsoever.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #163 on: April 03, 2018, 09:02:28 AM »
personally, I think  his best attribute is his name.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #164 on: April 03, 2018, 07:45:54 PM »
A poster in one of the match related threads said that the player reminded him of of a young Micah Richards, who uses his physical attributes to good effect to mask his footballing prowess, and it struck me as a good comparison.

Looks more like the current Micah Richards to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal