collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Axel Tuanzebe - gone  (Read 117937 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Axel Tuanzebe (SIGNED on loan)
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2018, 10:57:10 AM »
Thought he was really poor yesterday. When motivated as per his debut at Fulham he is on it otherwise needs a kick up the rear before every game.  Certainly would not be my first choice for right back.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »
Bascially everyone on Redcafe (Man. United site) says he's a CB and he's not going to look great in other positions.

I'd personally rest Terry for a few games as I don't think he's looked great the last month and see what Axel-Chester looks like.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2018, 11:20:40 AM »
Does he play for the actual Man United and not some other amateur club elsewhere in the world with the same name?

Absolute garbage.

Bit harsh. I remember you ripping into Kyle Walker a few times in his loan spell here, saying you'd never seen a full back with such shocking bad position.

Lad hasn't had a bad career has he?

He needs games in his proper position, CB. If he's bad there fair enough.

Offline fredm

• GM : 02.09.2024
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »
It would be OK bringing in these flash youngsters from Man U and Spurs at their expense of our own young players if they were any good and added anything to the team.  But they're not, so just what is the point.  Tuanzebe was rubbish yesterday, which had a knock on effect on Snodgrass.

The problem was that Snodgrass likes his full back to go up the wing so that it makes the opposition have two thoughts about tracking him when he goes inside (as he always does).  If this does not happen then the opponent has a far easier time knowing that all he has to do is stop Snodgrass going inside.  Unfortunately Tuanzebe didn't get forward into the space and pull the opponent away from Snodgrass.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2018, 11:23:44 AM »
It would be OK bringing in these flash youngsters from Man U and Spurs at their expense of our own young players if they were any good and added anything to the team.  But they're not, so just what is the point.  Tuanzebe was rubbish yesterday, which had a knock on effect on Snodgrass.

agree

Was hoping tuanzebe was going to be a good addition but not at RB when we have Bree in that position anyway who couldn;t be any worse , hes obvious better in another position where we have plenty of cover anyway .
don't get me on the spurs loanee .

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2018, 11:27:28 AM »
AEM is our best RB by a distance really.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2018, 11:28:40 AM »

The problem was that Snodgrass likes his full back to go up the wing so that it makes the opposition have two thoughts about tracking him when he goes inside (as he always does).  If this does not happen then the opponent has a far easier time knowing that all he has to do is stop Snodgrass going inside.  Unfortunately Tuanzebe didn't get forward into the space and pull the opponent away from Snodgrass.
I think you're right, Fred.
And, actually, yesterday Adomah had the same problem on the left: Hutton wasn't bombing forward (and doesn't have much of a left foot either) so both our wide attacking elements were nullified.
I wish to hell Snodgrass and Adomah switched wings every 15 minutes, because our crosses from the wings are so slow (because both have to check inside to deliver).

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #142 on: April 01, 2018, 11:33:15 AM »

I wouldn't say by a distance because AH is right up there with him.

What I like about AEM (and why I prefer him over Hutton who I would play at LB) is his attacking/crossing abilities.

With regards to Tunazebe, he looks like a very good prospect but he's not at Championship level yet and certainly doesn't suit the way we play in terms of supplementing the attacks. I've been disappointed with both the young loanees compared to the success of the older ones (Snodgrass & Grabban) and think that next season in the (likely) event that we are still in the Championship, we ought to look at older, experienced loanees as opposed to young up and coming PL players.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #143 on: April 01, 2018, 11:41:39 AM »
Hutton offers little going forward.

At left back it's not expected for him to get forward and in fairness he's done really well in that position.

I was against us signing EL-Mohamady but he's done well for me this season from the games I've seen. Links well with Snoddy and gets plenty of crosses in.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #144 on: April 01, 2018, 02:21:14 PM »
I don't mind Elmo but my issue then and now is that we had Hutton, DeLaet and Bree for Right back but only had Taylor on the left.  As it's worked out Hutton is better at left back than right back so we've got away with it but I still think it was a poor decision.  A left winger who could go down the line and get crosses in would've been useful as well, instead of Onomah or Whelan, neither of which were needed.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #145 on: April 01, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
I don't mind Elmo but my issue then and now is that we had Hutton, DeLaet and Bree for Right back but only had Taylor on the left.  As it's worked out Hutton is better at left back than right back so we've got away with it but I still think it was a poor decision.  A left winger who could go down the line and get crosses in would've been useful as well, instead of Onomah or Whelan, neither of which were needed.
If we play a right-footed left winger, we really need a left-footed fullback who can overlap and whip in the early ball.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #146 on: April 01, 2018, 02:43:58 PM »
By some distance off the pitch.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »
Bascially everyone on Redcafe (Man. United site) says he's a CB and he's not going to look great in other positions.

I'd personally rest Terry for a few games as I don't think he's looked great the last month and see what Axel-Chester looks like.

That's my understanding of his position. Don't get the signing at all, unless he's better than Terry and Chester or Man U were prepared for him to be a reserve. Just shoehorning him into a position that doesn't suit him smacks of us doing Man U a favour, probably payback for letting us keep Johnstone again.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2018, 07:57:47 PM »
Does he play for the actual Man United and not some other amateur club elsewhere in the world with the same name?

Absolute garbage.

Bit harsh. I remember you ripping into Kyle Walker a few times in his loan spell here, saying you'd never seen a full back with such shocking bad position.

Lad hasn't had a bad career has he?

He needs games in his proper position, CB. If he's bad there fair enough.

I don't think you do remember me giving Walker a hard time - I always rated him. I've had a quick look and can't find a single post in which I was critical of him. Although in any case, I don't really see what the relevance of that is here?

I've not seen a single thing from Tuanzabe which has impressed me in his time here. Nothing.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #149 on: April 01, 2018, 08:07:47 PM »
he's shit and like I said earlier hi best position is staying on the periphery at Yanited earning megabucks

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal