collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 132602 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2017, 06:59:19 PM »
Bought in to replace Elmo, who replaced Adomah and who are both still on the books.
Great business.

With Hutton, Bree and De Laet at right back, we are absolutely stuffed with bang average right-sided players. It's the days of Bennett, Luna and Cissokho all over again.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2017, 07:40:51 PM »
With your respected reputation for moderation Chris, you may live to regret saying that.

I do already, given how this site works these days I expect accusations of incitement to murder to follow shortly.

I agree with you, there's absolutely no excuse if we're not in the play offs as a minimum, that's why I'm so fed up of Bruce, we've only had a brief run when the play offs were already pretty much gone, where he's had us looking anything more than a mid-table team.  12 of the 14 yesterday were his players, he has no excuses left now and needs to deliver results home and away.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »
With your respected reputation for moderation Chris, you may live to regret saying that.

I do already, given how this site works these days I expect accusations of incitement to murder to follow shortly.

I agree with you, there's absolutely no excuse if we're not in the play offs as a minimum, that's why I'm so fed up of Bruce, we've only had a brief run when the play offs were already pretty much gone, where he's had us looking anything more than a mid-table team.  12 of the 14 yesterday were his players, he has no excuses left now and needs to deliver results home and away.

100% correct

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2017, 08:38:18 PM »
Me too - he has to deliver

But after the upturn in form shouldn't we give him the chance now?

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2017, 08:42:15 PM »

100% correct
Seconded.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #230 on: August 27, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
Ray of course replaced Chico.

No he didn't. Chico played in 1974-75.
He did eventually.

Dont think so.

He didn't. From memory, Graydon was 7, Carrodus was 11 and Hamilton played at either 10 or 11.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #231 on: August 27, 2017, 02:26:31 PM »
I always remember Hamilton predominantly  wearing number 10.

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #232 on: August 27, 2017, 03:42:55 PM »
Bought in to replace Elmo, who replaced Adomah and who are both still on the books.
Great business.

With Hutton, Bree and De Laet at right back, we are absolutely stuffed with bang average right-sided players. It's the days of Bennett, Luna and Cissokho all over again.
I think De Laet is an excellent right back and that Bree is already a good player and will develop into an outstanding player,perhaps right back might not turn out to be his best position.It concerns me that Bruce might side with the experience and mediocrity of Hutton.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2017, 05:17:44 PM »
Hamilton usually wore the no. 10 shirt at Villa.

Why has no-one mentioned the great Dave Rudge?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2017, 09:47:10 PM »
Revealed: How much of Snodgrass' wages will West Ham pay after Aston Villa loan switch?

The latest West Ham transfer news sees the Hammers set to part-fund Robert Snodgrass' move to Aston Villa

West Ham will contribute around £18,000 a week towards the wages of Robert Snodgrass after he completed his loan move to Aston Villa, according to Hammers transfer guru ExWHUEmployee.

Snodgrass has fallen out of favour quickly in east London and was shopped around this summer, having only joined the Hammers back in January for £10m.

In a column for The West Ham Way, the former West Ham staffer - who has gained a cult following on Twitter for providing transfer insights - has claimed that the Hammers will pay 30% of the Scotman's £60,000 a week wages.

absolute madness paying those kind of wages in the second division.

Looking at our signings since relegation, our wage bill must be higher now?

The combined wages of Snodgrass, Terry and Whelan are the equivalent of financial doping at our level.

So much for the nonsense narrative spouted by Bruce's mates in the media that he hasnt spent at all this summer.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2017, 09:48:55 PM »
I guess those three are a one season gamble, rather than a gabby or richards type contract.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2017, 11:58:41 PM »
Great business.

I think De Laet is an excellent right back and that Bree is already a good player and will develop into an outstanding player,perhaps right back might not turn out to be his best position.It concerns me that Bruce might side with the experience and mediocrity of Hutton.

I thought Bree did well when he came on at half-time on Friday and should be given a run in the side at right-back.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2017, 12:21:34 AM »
Bruce said the same after the game so I think he will be starting soon. DeLaet is a bloody good player too. We should have let Hutton go this summer.

I don't get issue some have with Snodgrass, 40k a week is a lot but 8 months ago he was bought for 10 million after scoring 7 or 8 goals in the prem in the first half of the season playing wide right or in the number 10 role. We currently lack a 10, and Elmo looks every inch a utility player on the right to me. Snodgrass one side, Green the other with Hourihane and Onomah coming from midfield and Kodjia up front will be the best attacking unit on paper in the division, with some depth behind it. Getting Grealish fit, acknowledging Adomah is pretty handy at this level etc, but Snodgrass is a quality player. I can see him having the sort of impact Ramirez did at Boro the season they went up.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2017, 09:59:59 AM »
Ray of course replaced Chico.

No he didn't. Chico played in 1974-75.
He did eventually.

Dont think so.

He didn't. From memory, Graydon was 7, Carrodus was 11 and Hamilton played at either 10 or 11.
Absolutely correct....awesome

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2017, 12:37:21 PM »

We couldn't let Hutton go this summer as he took up the 1 year extension option in his contract from memory. Knowing full well he'd get nowhere near the 40k or whatever ridiculous amount he's on anywhere else

Having RDL and Bree for the foreseeable future as RB options is great business though

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal