collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Robert Snodgrass - loaned for 17-18 season  (Read 133237 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
Re: Robert Snodgrass - Signed (on loan)
« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2017, 07:45:13 AM »
If he's been brought in to fill the void on the left then that's fine.  If he's been brought in to play in on the right or behind a striker then it is a questionable use of resources to be honest.

His interview states he was played out of position at West Ham and that his position he must be played in to get the best out of him is "Off to the right or in behind the striker"

6-6.10 https://youtu.be/hTqJ2fdDW5c

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2017, 10:12:44 AM »
If he's been brought in to fill the void on the left then that's fine.  If he's been brought in to play in on the right or behind a striker then it is a questionable use of resources to be honest.

His interview states he was played out of position at West Ham and that his position he must be played in to get the best out of him is "Off to the right or in behind the striker"

That sounds to me like the role earmarked for Grealish until he got injured, in which case that surely answers a lot of the questions raised.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2017, 10:13:38 AM »
He'll make great use of what Davis offers the team.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2017, 10:13:55 AM »
Would have made a difference tonight when Hogan came on
in that role.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »

He'd be a better and more threatening option than Elmo wouldn't he? And Adomah in my view

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2017, 01:05:25 PM »
Revealed: How much of Snodgrass' wages will West Ham pay after Aston Villa loan switch?

The latest West Ham transfer news sees the Hammers set to part-fund Robert Snodgrass' move to Aston Villa

West Ham will contribute around £18,000 a week towards the wages of Robert Snodgrass after he completed his loan move to Aston Villa, according to Hammers transfer guru ExWHUEmployee.

Snodgrass has fallen out of favour quickly in east London and was shopped around this summer, having only joined the Hammers back in January for £10m.

In a column for The West Ham Way, the former West Ham staffer - who has gained a cult following on Twitter for providing transfer insights - has claimed that the Hammers will pay 30% of the Scotman's £60,000 a week wages.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2017, 01:06:57 PM »
Welcome to Aston Villa Robert.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2017, 01:18:21 PM »
Revealed: How much of Snodgrass' wages will West Ham pay after Aston Villa loan switch?

The latest West Ham transfer news sees the Hammers set to part-fund Robert Snodgrass' move to Aston Villa

West Ham will contribute around £18,000 a week towards the wages of Robert Snodgrass after he completed his loan move to Aston Villa, according to Hammers transfer guru ExWHUEmployee.

Snodgrass has fallen out of favour quickly in east London and was shopped around this summer, having only joined the Hammers back in January for £10m.

In a column for The West Ham Way, the former West Ham staffer - who has gained a cult following on Twitter for providing transfer insights - has claimed that the Hammers will pay 30% of the Scotman's £60,000 a week wages.

If that's true we can expect to see Snodgrass in every game as Bruce will want/need to justify the expense.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2017, 02:28:27 PM »
I suspect we may see a 231 with ghe front six against Brentford, with say Whelan/Jedinak and Hourihane/Lansbury/Onomah and then Snoddy (Snoddy!) behind Hogan or Davis with Green/Adomah/Elmo wide.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »
Playing him off the striker makes sense and also makes sense he probably wasn't a priority until Grealish got injured.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2017, 05:16:30 PM »
Playing him off the striker makes sense and also makes sense he probably wasn't a priority until Grealish got injured.

I'd have completely agreed 10 days ago

But hourihane and Onomah both getting forward from midfield looks pretty promising to me

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2017, 05:46:02 PM »

I'd have completely agreed 10 days ago

But hourihane and Onomah both getting forward from midfield looks pretty promising to me

Options I guess which creates competition for places and in normal circumstances gets players to up their levels. I think we saw last night that some who performed well against Norwich were less prominent. There is also the grind of two games most weeks as the season progresses, an ability to rest one or two on Saturday keeps them fresh for Tuesday, for example, as well as the inevitable injuries and suspensions. If this squad can't get promoted they, and the manager, want shooting.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2017, 05:50:08 PM »
I'm already reloading the rifle

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2017, 05:57:50 PM »
With your respected reputation for moderation Chris, you may live to regret saying that.

Online Chris Smith

« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2017, 06:37:26 PM »
With your respected reputation for moderation Chris, you may live to regret saying that.

I do already, given how this site works these days I expect accusations of incitement to murder to follow shortly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal