collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by LeeB
[Today at 02:36:48 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: GAA football  (Read 37507 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: GAA football
« Reply #150 on: April 04, 2022, 01:03:02 AM »
Failure to take chances and running out of steam and know-how resulted in the usual result for Mayo.
70 years and counting. Imagine the party when Mayo do finally win the All-Ireland.
70 years? Pffft. Try following Monaghan. One, single, solitary, lone, miserable final over 90 years ago.

A couple of my best mates are from Scotstown so I've a soft spot for the Farneymen. I would say that Monaghan, like Roscommon, punch above their weight given the population size so plenty to be proud of.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2022, 02:56:30 AM »
Failure to take chances and running out of steam and know-how resulted in the usual result for Mayo.
70 years and counting. Imagine the party when Mayo do finally win the All-Ireland.
70 years? Pffft. Try following Monaghan. One, single, solitary, lone, miserable final over 90 years ago.

A couple of my best mates are from Scotstown so I've a soft spot for the Farneymen. I would say that Monaghan, like Roscommon, punch above their weight given the population size so plenty to be proud of.

Patronising as always 😉

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #152 on: April 04, 2022, 10:14:46 PM »
And Kerry beat Mayo in the League Final. Mayo have  lot to do before Championship.

Poor showing from them today. Pleasantly surprised with the Rossies' win, any bit of national silverware is welcome for a small county. Still have Mayo as favourites for Connacht but there's a lot to be said for only having to win one big match in Connacht and we don't have to go to Castlebar this year.
I wouldnt be sure Mayo will be going to the Hyde after yesterday

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #153 on: April 04, 2022, 11:18:29 PM »

Patronising as always 😉

Not at all, given we're the 4th and 5th smallest counties, Monaghan's 16 and our 23 provincial titles is a pretty decent haul when other counties have less than a handful.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2022, 11:21:47 PM »
And Kerry beat Mayo in the League Final. Mayo have  lot to do before Championship.

Poor showing from them today. Pleasantly surprised with the Rossies' win, any bit of national silverware is welcome for a small county. Still have Mayo as favourites for Connacht but there's a lot to be said for only having to win one big match in Connacht and we don't have to go to Castlebar this year.
I wouldnt be sure Mayo will be going to the Hyde after yesterday

We'll see, going to be big game in a few weeks. On one hand we've had a better record against Galway in recent times but on the other can't see us beating them three times in a row over such a short period. Good to see 3 Connacht teams in D1 though.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #155 on: April 04, 2022, 11:24:57 PM »

Patronising as always 😉

Not at all, given we're the 4th and 5th smallest counties, Monaghan's 16 and our 23 provincial titles is a pretty decent haul when other counties have less than a handful.

Ah I'm joking. My grandad was from Leitrim, so not a million miles away.

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2022, 09:38:08 PM »
Galway beat Mayo so John won't be pleased. Mayo's lack of forward power cost them again and they were poor until it was too late.

Ah I'm joking. My grandad was from Leitrim, so not a million miles away.

No worries, and Leitrim will now play Galway. They've improved a little but difficult for them with the smallest population and Galway should beat them fairly easily.

Offline Gary Penrice

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2022, 03:49:10 PM »
"Will Galway bate Mayo
Do you think will Galway beat Mayo
Not if they have Willie Joe
They haven't a hope of beatin' Mayo!"

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #158 on: May 26, 2022, 12:52:53 PM »
I will be in Laois on Sunday, O'Moore Park for Laois v WestMeath Tailteann Cup match. The Laois season is back on!

Quite excited haven't been to a GAA match for ages and O'Moore park in years.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #159 on: May 26, 2022, 01:11:46 PM »
I will be in Laois on Sunday, O'Moore Park for Laois v WestMeath Tailteann Cup match. The Laois season is back on!

Quite excited haven't been to a GAA match for ages and O'Moore park in years.

Enjoy the occasion Three Spires!

Online Brazilian Villain

« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2022, 02:42:47 PM »

Just so you don't get into a fracas, probably best not to refer to them as WestMeath. ;)

Enjoy the game, and who knows it could be written in the stars for the 'Queen's County' to win silverware in the Jubilee year.

« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2022, 11:00:08 AM »
Yes ha ha, good point sorry.

I was at Croke Park when Laois won the Leinster in 2003, that team under Micko should have won at least 2 Leinster finals, it’s been pretty rough ever since.

Offline KRS

« Reply #162 on: June 04, 2022, 03:10:28 PM »
Any little rivers for the GAA Monaghan vs Mayo game?

« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2022, 01:31:29 PM »
Limerick to beat Clare in the hurling? I think they Limerick will. Didn’t see anything of the Kilkenny v Galway game.

That was some trip for New York to play Offaly, if I had still been around Laois I would have gone to see them, but I was on the ferry heading back. I really didn’t want to leave!

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2022, 01:52:09 PM »
Limerick to win today I think.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal