collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Edvard Remberg
[Today at 09:16:33 PM]

Player Discipline, Bookings and Suspension by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:14:01 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:12:29 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Drummond
[Today at 09:11:32 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 08:54:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 08:52:00 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555479 times)

Offline clash city rocker

Re: John Terry - Confirmed Assistant Coach
« Reply #4230 on: May 22, 2021, 09:21:03 PM »
I think I heard on the Football Ramble that Spurs fans were singing that Lesley King was better than him on Sunday, and Terry’s reaction was to go out of the dugout and hold up an imaginary trophy. Top bantz.

Yep. My daughter showed me that

Online LukeJames

« Reply #4231 on: May 22, 2021, 09:29:59 PM »
He updated his social media after Wednesday night saying "New stadium, same old 3 points". They hate him, he has them on strings as the kids say.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4232 on: June 22, 2021, 01:38:12 PM »
John Terry has graduated from the prestigious FA Level 5 UEFA Pro Licence course - the highest attainable football management qualification - following a ceremony in Windsor last night.

https://twitter.com/avfc_news/status/1407270537164951558?s=21

Well done. He has decided to go through his badges while learning under an experienced manager. Not just jump in like so many others do. I’m sure he’s had lots of offers. When he does go he will be so much more prepared for a role in management.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4233 on: June 22, 2021, 02:51:31 PM »
John Terry has graduated from the prestigious FA Level 5 UEFA Pro Licence course - the highest attainable football management qualification - following a ceremony in Windsor last night.

Well done. He has decided to go through his badges while learning under an experienced manager. Not just jump in like so many others do. I’m sure he’s had lots of offers. When he does go he will be so much more prepared for a role in management.

He was the keynote speaker at a conference I went to a couple of years ago delivering a speech on leadership. Most of it was about his playing career but towards the end he had a few minutes about the future and he was pretty clear that he didn't see 'jumping the queue' as a sign of good leadership and felt he needed to take his time learning as a coach and then see when he felt ready to step up and be a manager on merit as a coach not on merit as a player/name. It was not long before the play off win and he went up in my estimation a lot as a result. It's nice to see that he's following through with it.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #4234 on: June 24, 2021, 10:43:34 PM »

I wonder if he rocked up in full kit to accept the award?

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #4235 on: June 25, 2021, 06:52:47 AM »
I have  afeeling he will move on in next 12 months and give it a go at management.

In my opinion JT should stick around here, I think once smith left JT could take over. Obviously i dont expect that to be any time soon, but wouldnt suprise me if smith continued the way he was England dont start come calling.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4236 on: June 25, 2021, 11:58:10 AM »
Our Ashley, I say our Ashley, will be our new Terry. Youngy will do his badges and remain a Villan.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #4237 on: June 27, 2021, 10:09:26 AM »
End of the day he doesn't need the money or possibly the stress of being a Manager. He may actually enjoy just being a coach and working with the players.  He's certainly a character who's main influence is in the dressing room, and a manager's role is much more detached from that. It's not inconceivable when Southgate has finished arsing up the England team, that he could follow Smith as his No.2

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #4238 on: June 27, 2021, 10:26:09 AM »
End of the day he doesn't need the money or possibly the stress of being a Manager. He may actually enjoy just being a coach and working with the players.  He's certainly a character who's main influence is in the dressing room, and a manager's role is much more detached from that. It's not inconceivable when Southgate has finished arsing up the England team, that he could follow Smith as his No.2
Terry’s on a good wicket at Villa and I’m sure he knows it. I doubt he’ll be off anywhere, anytime soon.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #4239 on: June 27, 2021, 10:43:45 AM »
Agree about Terry, I could hand out and collect the bibs and put out the cones - easy money!

One day he will be gone from our club and I will have a drink and celebrate- i cannot understand why we still employ him after what he said?

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #4240 on: June 27, 2021, 10:45:13 AM »
Agree about Terry, I could hand out and collect the bibs and put out the cones - easy money!

One day he will be gone from our club and I will have a drink and celebrate- i cannot understand why we still employ him after what he said?

Yeh I’m sure that’s all he does.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #4241 on: June 27, 2021, 11:36:51 AM »

What did he say?

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #4242 on: June 27, 2021, 11:50:20 AM »

I did bibs and cones as part of my youth coaching for 10 years.

If only I’d known that was all that was needed for the FA Level 5 UEFA Pro Licence, I would have definitely carried on with the FA courses.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #4243 on: June 27, 2021, 06:06:05 PM »

What did he say?

He’s still banging on about the Anton Ferdinand thing.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4244 on: June 27, 2021, 06:28:54 PM »

What did he say?

He’s still banging on about the Anton Ferdinand thing.

As well he should. I'm all for redemption and second, third, fourth chances, but to qualify for them you need to own and apologise for what you've done. He hasn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal