collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:12:26 PM]

Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 02:15:30 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by jon collett
[Today at 02:13:38 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Ian.
[Today at 01:48:55 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 01:23:49 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:12:26 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 03:10:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 03:08:28 PM]

Re: Ex- Villa Players still playing watch by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 03:07:15 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 03:04:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 03:01:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 02:59:06 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Drummond
[Today at 02:58:40 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555075 times)

Offline Allan C

Re: John Terry - Confirmed Assistant Coach
« Reply #4215 on: May 22, 2021, 01:32:42 PM »
It’s the first time I’ve bought a news paper in about 15 years after hearing about JT’s interview in The Times today. It’s a really good read and I’d recommend it. It’s very obvious that he loves it here and I hope he signs an extension

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4216 on: May 22, 2021, 01:44:17 PM »
There was a point last season where it was questioned what he bought to us as a coach. I think the improvements seen in all of our defenders this season have put that to rest.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4217 on: May 22, 2021, 02:05:34 PM »
It’s the first time I’ve bought a news paper in about 15 years after hearing about JT’s interview in The Times today. It’s a really good read and I’d recommend it. It’s very obvious that he loves it here and I hope he signs an extension

Cheers, will seek it out. Like the headline quote from JT  "I’d love to manage a top club, but I’d turn down Spurs’". ;D

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4218 on: May 22, 2021, 02:51:12 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he managed us one day.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4219 on: May 22, 2021, 05:03:39 PM »
He’s been nothing but the consummate professional since coming to us as a player and coach. And I cannot imagine how it hasn’t rubbed off positively on the club at every level to have someone around who has won so much.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4220 on: May 22, 2021, 05:28:32 PM »
He’s been nothing but the consummate professional since coming to us as a player and coach. And I cannot imagine how it hasn’t rubbed off positively on the club at every level to have someone around who has won so much.

I have mentioned more than once on here how he took an interest in my sons career as a trainee chef when my son was working at The Belfry and Terry was staying there. Also how he made sure that during a Villa Christmas
party visit at Acorns he made sure he spoke to every member of the Acorns staff, all of the kids and all of the kids families. This was despite the female Villa employee who was in charge of the visit trying to rush through the visit as quickly as possible.

Online danno

« Reply #4221 on: May 22, 2021, 05:42:01 PM »
There was a point last season where it was questioned what he bought to us as a coach. I think the improvements seen in all of our defenders this season have put that to rest.

As acting president of the Craig Shakespeare fan club, I reject the implications the above post makes. Terry was here last season and our defending was pants. Top man Craig arrived this season and sorted it out.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #4222 on: May 22, 2021, 05:46:27 PM »

Cheers, will seek it out. Like the headline quote from JT  "I’d love to manage a top club, but I’d turn down Spurs’". ;D

If he wants to manage a top club, turning down Spurs kind of goes without saying!!!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4223 on: May 22, 2021, 05:58:24 PM »

As acting president of the Craig Shakespeare fan club, I reject the implications the above post makes. Terry was here last season and our defending was pants. Top man Craig arrived this season and sorted it out.

You might want to look at the manager and how he was trying to play every game as a big part as to why the defence was pants. The tactics were incredibly naive and especially when you consider how many goals we conceded late on. I am sure Terry has made mistakes as a coach as he learned on the job. But Targett, Mings and most certainly Konsa are better than last year. Even Hause never lets us down. And that we defend better as a team isn’t just Terry but Dean Smith as well as he realized you cannot be that open all the time at this level. And yes I am sure Craig Shakespeare has added knowledge and wisdom too. It’s been a collective effort aided also by the arrivals of Emi and Cash.

Online danno

« Reply #4224 on: May 22, 2021, 06:05:34 PM »

You might want to look at the manager and how he was trying to play every game as a big part as to why the defence was pants. The tactics were incredibly naive and especially when you consider how many goals we conceded late on. I am sure Terry has made mistakes as a coach as he learned on the job. But Targett, Mings and most certainly Konsa are better than last year. Even Hause never lets us down. And that we defend better as a team isn’t just Terry but Dean Smith as well as he realized you cannot be that open all the time at this level. And yes I am sure Craig Shakespeare has added knowledge and wisdom too. It’s been a collective effort aided also by the arrivals of Emi and Cash.

I also think Souness was right, and that the groundsmen deserve credit for cutting the grass slightly longer.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4225 on: May 22, 2021, 06:36:30 PM »

I have mentioned more than once on here how he took an interest in my sons career as a trainee chef when my son was working at The Belfry and Terry was staying there. Also how he made sure that during a Villa Christmas
party visit at Acorns he made sure he spoke to every member of the Acorns staff, all of the kids and all of the kids families. This was despite the female Villa employee who was in charge of the visit trying to rush through the visit as quickly as possible.
Story that deserves being repeatedly told though. Had my misgivings about him when he joined, but you have to say he's been a model pro & an absolute credit to the club.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4226 on: May 22, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »
Terry and Snodgrass were fantastic that season in the 2nd division. Proper decent hard working footballers who seemed to both get the Villa from the off.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #4227 on: May 22, 2021, 09:09:57 PM »
Wondered about this at the beginning. Couldnt of been more wrong, been nothing short of exemplary since stepping through the door. The ultimate professional.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #4228 on: May 22, 2021, 09:10:21 PM »

Story that deserves being repeatedly told though. Had my misgivings about him when he joined, but you have to say he's been a model pro & an absolute credit to the club.

That is worth knowing and repeating. Most people do some bad shit in their lives and some good stuff too, life’s complicated and all that, it’s obviously magnified with top footballers.
I never liked him without knowing him, but have to say I’ve been hugely impressed with how he’s essentially kept out of the limelight, virtually never providing quotes or interviews in the media, never once looking like he could undermine Smith, which could of happened with his much bigger media profile.
And the post about him and Snodgrass in 2017/2018 is bang on.

Online FatSam

« Reply #4229 on: May 22, 2021, 09:15:10 PM »
I think I heard on the Football Ramble that Spurs fans were singing that Lesley King was better than him on Sunday, and Terry’s reaction was to go out of the dugout and hold up an imaginary trophy. Top bantz.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal