collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 555442 times)

Offline Chico Hamilton III

Re: John Terry - signed
« Reply #1110 on: July 03, 2017, 01:07:50 PM »
I just hope he can handle the transition from a small club to a massive one.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1111 on: July 03, 2017, 01:08:32 PM »

<applause>

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #1112 on: July 03, 2017, 01:09:16 PM »
Please bring this up to prove me wrong in May. Please.

It will all end in tears, recriminations and another 100 plus page thread.

On the plus side: I'd say Terry and Bruce will be long gone in 12 months.

Welcome, FKW.

How's that a plus side? It will mean we've fucked up again and have an extended stay in the lower leagues in store.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #1113 on: July 03, 2017, 01:10:12 PM »
Don't know the guy so I'm not going there. Playing wise in the 3-4 games I watched him last season I thought he was crap but I hope the crapness of this league evens things out and come May it all works out for Villa.

Offline Tuscans

• GM : 08.02.15
« Reply #1114 on: July 03, 2017, 01:11:00 PM »
Press conference 1:30pm

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1115 on: July 03, 2017, 01:13:26 PM »
The bit I find odd is the comments I've seen here and multiple other places about him coming in and organising the defence.  The defence was, generally, solid most of last season.  We had plenty of clean sheets in the new year so I don't know what people expect.  All of our problems are down to organisation in midfield and training and I just don't see how Terry addresses those issues.  He might add a few goals from corners, which will just further my belief that Bruce would be happy winning 1-0 and only committing people forward to set pieces.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #1116 on: July 03, 2017, 01:13:40 PM »

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1117 on: July 03, 2017, 01:14:02 PM »
Press conference 1:30pm

I can't remember the last time we had a press conference for a player either. It's normally just photo shoots at BH.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1118 on: July 03, 2017, 01:17:13 PM »
The bit I find odd is the comments I've seen here and multiple other places about him coming in and organising the defence.  The defence was, generally, solid most of last season.  We had plenty of clean sheets in the new year so I don't know what people expect.  All of our problems are down to organisation in midfield and training and I just don't see how Terry addresses those issues.  He might add a few goals from corners, which will just further my belief that Bruce would be happy winning 1-0 and only committing people forward to set pieces.

The 19 goals Kodjia scored and the 9 or 10 Adomah set up last season doesn't really bear your 'only committing people forward to set pieces' theory very well really.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1119 on: July 03, 2017, 01:17:30 PM »
Having Terry join may make it easier to attract other players.

Players who don't really care about their wives?

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #1120 on: July 03, 2017, 01:17:43 PM »
Well, the signing has made the 1 pm news headlines. Can't remember the last time we had a signing that did this. Let's see what they have to say...

David Ginola.  16 year old me went on Midlands Today and said I was looking forward to Ginola linking up with Dublin, Merson and...Nilis!

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1121 on: July 03, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »

That's my only concern Chico. Proper history, proper fans, massive stadium, expectation and all that.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1122 on: July 03, 2017, 01:19:48 PM »

Thou I agree the defence was one of the best statistically in the league , there was times when we went ahead and we then turned into headless chickens , we were not good under pressure and how many late goals did we concede.   

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #1123 on: July 03, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
Why does he keep saying 'myself'?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1124 on: July 03, 2017, 01:21:48 PM »

Thou I agree the defence was one of the best statistically in the league , there was times when we went ahead and we then turned into headless chickens , we were not good under pressure and how many late goals did we concede.   

I hope he can do what Lescott was supposed to - last ten minutes, under pressure, come on and calm things down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal