collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549657 times)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #480 on: June 25, 2017, 12:40:01 AM »
Read the ruling through. He was not guilty due to a well constructed defence (not the first time clear guilt does not get prosecuted after a defence team work their magic), not because the judge considered him not guilty, and he called Terry's defence improbable. You are clutching at straws and I find your entire stance on this as pretty dire in all honesty. To essentially turn a blind eye to something because he would improve the team is not something I really want Villa to do to me. It is for them down the road. Not us.

On a football side, he play 400 minutes last season and engineered his own send off after 26 minutes in the final game, which bookies reported to having take a flurry of large bets on in the run up to the game.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #481 on: June 25, 2017, 12:40:12 AM »
Well he denied he was racist, so if he denies he's racist then he's hardly gonna apologise for being racist is he?

Fucking Hell mate.

You seem to be a bit thick so I'll keep it simple for you.

When did he apologise for calling a fellow professional "a fucking black c***"?

We won't ask again, knock off the insults.

I'd rather you moderated the racists than those of us that oppose a racist.

But... I consider you a friend. And I don't want to put you in the awkward position of having to ban me so I'll carry this on another time.

I'm not racist!

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #482 on: June 25, 2017, 12:40:48 AM »
He denied it, because he's a racist. He's on camera saying "fucking black c***".

Bantz?

We know your views on this and you've done the right thing in emailing the club and letting them know how you feel. Why not leave it at that?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #483 on: June 25, 2017, 12:43:00 AM »
I've already said I'm leaving it for the night, in the interests of peace.

Chillax, blood.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #484 on: June 25, 2017, 12:47:01 AM »
Read the ruling through. He was not guilty due to a well constructed defence (not the first time clear guilt does not get prosecuted after a defence team work their magic), not because the judge considered him not guilty, and he called Terry's defence improbable. You are clutching at straws and I find your entire stance on this as pretty dire in all honesty. To essentially turn a blind eye to something because he would improve the team is not something I really want Villa to do to me. It is for them down the road. Not us.

On a football side, he play 400 minutes last season and engineered his own send off after 26 minutes in the final game, which bookies reported to having take a flurry of large bets on in the run up to the game.

I've got to admit I've never liked Terry but he was one hell of a centreback and even at his age he could still bring something positive to the team. As for the racist insult, even if he was found guilty I'd still give him a second chance. I don't think you can punish someone for the rest of their lives. Redemption is possible for anyone.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #485 on: June 25, 2017, 12:51:02 AM »
Well he denied he was racist, so if he denies he's racist then he's hardly gonna apologise for being racist is he?

Fucking Hell mate.

But as I said earlier he claimed he just repeated what Ferdinand thought Terry said to him. He denied it, so he's hardly gonna apologise is he? Crikey!

Put yourself in the situation for a second, if you're accused of something and there's indisputable evidence showing you did it but with enough missing context to avoid a conviction, do you deny it outright or do you say "I'm sorry, it was a misunderstanding that got out of hand and I'd like it to be clear that... blah, blah, blah".  The truth is a decent person with any sense of morality would do the latter, a pampered twat who thinks his ability to kick a ball makes him untouchable does the former.

I've said before my issue with him is that I think his legs have gone and it's a Pires level mistake to sign him but I think trying to defend what he said in the way 2-3 people have on this thread is bizarre, the guy is quite clearly a massive c**t, if you think he's good enough and willing to overlook him being a c**t then just say that, it's a position you can defend without it looking bad on you unlike some of the arguments on this thread.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #486 on: June 25, 2017, 12:55:50 AM »

Fucking Hell mate.

But as I said earlier he claimed he just repeated what Ferdinand thought Terry said to him. He denied it, so he's hardly gonna apologise is he? Crikey!

Put yourself in the situation for a second, if you're accused of something and there's indisputable evidence showing you did it but with enough missing context to avoid a conviction, do you deny it outright or do you say "I'm sorry, it was a misunderstanding that got out of hand and I'd like it to be clear that... blah, blah, blah".  The truth is a decent person with any sense of morality would do the latter, a pampered twat who thinks his ability to kick a ball makes him untouchable does the former.

I've said before my issue with him is that I think his legs have gone and it's a Pires level mistake to sign him but I think trying to defend what he said in the way 2-3 people have on this thread is bizarre, the guy is quite clearly a massive c**t, if you think he's good enough and willing to overlook him being a c**t then just say that, it's a position you can defend without it looking bad on you unlike some of the arguments on this thread.

I think I just summed up my feelings re Terry in my previous post.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #487 on: June 25, 2017, 12:56:40 AM »
This still just doesn't feel right on a number of levels.  On the playing side, it is still a very expensive gamble on him still having enough left in the tank for at least one more season of Championship football.  I still view it as a risk not worth taking.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #488 on: June 25, 2017, 12:57:25 AM »
This still just doesn't feel right on a number of levels.  On the playing side, it is still a very expensive gamble on him still having enough left in the tank for at least one more season of Championship football.  I still view it as a risk not worth taking.

I just think he'd bring a winning mentality to the team.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #489 on: June 25, 2017, 12:57:33 AM »
I never associated him with that sort of nonsense and I never would. We disagree on politics but I don't consider him a Nazi, FFS.

Like I don't consider most of the Conservative Party to be Nazis.

It goes without saying, though, that they have a high tolerance for racism.

Good luck though to Pickaninnie Ads and his watermelon smile.

SHQ made the point about people who have done far worse; drink driving and violently abusing women. I know of two Villa players who've done that. Somebody else mentioned personal experience because they've had a child.

My family suffered at the hands of a drink driver with the most awful of outcomes. I still went berserk in Vienna when wee Barry scored. I'd go nuts if (indulging the hypothetical fantasy) Suarez came to score his 100s of goals.

I'm not tolerating racism nor am I tolerating drink driving or offences against the person or pegging or any of the brief glimpses of good and bad we get at these people. People change, maybe they stay the same. Either way, I don't know or suffer any of them and I'd hope if they were to transgress in their employment, for whatever reason then appropriate action would be taken.

I'm sure you were joking about the rest and if not oh well, people can think what they like.

I think John Terry is a dick, but sometimes dicks fuck assholes and if they didn't, they'd shit over all of us. Fuck yeah.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:59:23 AM by Ads »

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #490 on: June 25, 2017, 01:14:04 AM »

I just think he'd bring a winning mentality to the team.

He wouldn't if he breaks down after a couple of matches and is out for months on end.  Pay as you play kind of deal then it might be a different story on the football front.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 01:16:30 AM by tomd2103 »

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #491 on: June 25, 2017, 01:25:57 AM »
I never associated him with that sort of nonsense and I never would. We disagree on politics but I don't consider him a Nazi, FFS.

Like I don't consider most of the Conservative Party to be Nazis.

It goes without saying, though, that they have a high tolerance for racism.

Good luck though to Pickaninnie Ads and his watermelon smile.

SHQ made the point about people who have done far worse; drink driving and violently abusing women. I know of two Villa players who've done that. Somebody else mentioned personal experience because they've had a child.

My family suffered at the hands of a drink driver with the most awful of outcomes. I still went berserk in Vienna when wee Barry scored. I'd go nuts if (indulging the hypothetical fantasy) Suarez came to score his 100s of goals.

I'm not tolerating racism nor am I tolerating drink driving or offences against the person or pegging or any of the brief glimpses of good and bad we get at these people. People change, maybe they stay the same. Either way, I don't know or suffer any of them and I'd hope if they were to transgress in their employment, for whatever reason then appropriate action would be taken.

I'm sure you were joking about the rest and if not oh well, people can think what they like.

I think John Terry is a dick, but sometimes dicks fuck assholes and if they didn't, they'd shit over all of us. Fuck yeah.

I think there are two different questions involved in this type of situation though Ads.  Look at the case of Luke McCormack at Plymouth - got drunk at a wedding, drove home in a fit of rage following an argument with his partner and forced another vehicle off the road killing two young children and causing life changing injuries to their father.  Went to prison for it, but was young enough to resume a playing career on release.

In that situation, I think there are two questions:

A) should he have been able to resume his playing career?
B) would you want him playing for your team?

People would have different answers for those questions I guess.  Some would answer no to both, some might answer yes to the first one and no to the second and some might answer yes to both. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #492 on: June 25, 2017, 01:32:09 AM »
I know of Worcester City fans that won't go to games while Lee Hughes is with them, a few hundred turn at Bromsgrove every other week to still watch them. People do what they believe is right. As it should be.

I should add that some boycott Worcester because of the situation the club is in rather than because of Hughes.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #493 on: June 25, 2017, 01:49:49 AM »
Speaking of Worcester, kind of amuses me. For those that don't know they now groundshare with Bromsgrove, and have been relegated a few divisions and are now in the same league as us. For the 'away' game at Worcester, Bromsgrove fans will pay more to enter their own ground than they do for home games. Bromsgrove charge £7, Worcester £8.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #494 on: June 25, 2017, 06:04:17 AM »
How do you know he hasn't changed? Do you believe someone should be punished for their misdemeanours for ever?
No. Just for the record, I don't want him punished. But I don't believe my club should make someone that has been guilty of that one of their highest paid players. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Well he was found guilty by the FA but not guilty by a court of law which suggests the racist thing isn't as clear cut as people are making out.
that may be true, I still found him guilty of being a massive ****** in my own personal court of law though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal