collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549642 times)

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #465 on: June 25, 2017, 12:25:13 AM »
I'm amazed that we still have fans standing up for this shit.

Shame on you.

Bollocks to you. I'm not standing up for racists, but unlike you I don't write people off for the rest of their lives because of a racist comment. It's possible for people to redeem themselves you know.

You are though SH. You are trying to claim its not that bad what was said, and even tried the "alleged" route to make it seem he may not have said it at all. He did. Bollocks to you mate. You are a long way on the wrong side of this.

No im not, I'm saying that someone shouldn't be punished for the rest of their life because of one alledged racist comment which he was found not guilty of in a court.

I think there is a massive difference between people not wanting a multi millionaire to get a lucrative contract at the club they love and someone being punished for the rest of their lives. John Terry served his ban for what he did. It doesn't mean I want him representing Aston Villa though. I like to think we're better than him.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #466 on: June 25, 2017, 12:25:44 AM »

Shame on you.

Bollocks to you. I'm not standing up for racists, but unlike you I don't write people off for the rest of their lives because of a racist comment. It's possible for people to redeem themselves you know.

You are though SH. You are trying to claim its not that bad what was said, and even tried the "alleged" route to make it seem he may not have said it at all. He did. Bollocks to you mate. You are a long way on the wrong side of this.

No im not, I'm saying that someone shouldn't be punished for the rest of their life because of one alledged racist comment which he was found not guilty of in a court.

He admitted he said it. Context is alleged.

You are finding reasons to diminish what was said. And are rightly being called out on it.

Offline boozey182

• GM : PCM
« Reply #467 on: June 25, 2017, 12:27:00 AM »
Sorry, just seen the post about calling it a night.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #468 on: June 25, 2017, 12:28:29 AM »
Debate about him all everyone likes, leave the insults at each other out though. You've all been here long enough to know how that will end, and we'd much prefer if it didn't.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #469 on: June 25, 2017, 12:29:30 AM »

Shame on you.

He admitted he said it. Context is alleged.

You are finding reasons to diminish what was said. And are rightly being called out on it.

Didn't he say he repeated what Ferdinand thought he said to him? Not as clear cut as being made out on here is it? Perhaps that's why he was found not guilty in court?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »
Still waiting for someone to point me in the direction of the time Terry apologised for being racist and learned the error of his ways.

If he didn't apologise... it's possible, just possible, that he wasn't sorry and harbours genuinely racist views.

I'm sure Saunders Heroes will be along any second now to refute such accusations with intellectual discourse such as "Jesus wept, I have no idea what the fuck I'm taking about".

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2017, 12:31:20 AM »
Well he denied he was racist, so if he denies he's racist then he's hardly gonna apologise for being racist is he?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2017, 12:31:23 AM »
It's not great, having to wade through a court ruling of that nature to decide if a prospective signing is quite bad or very bad, is it?

If this was a Leeds> Cantona scenario when they took a punt on a head-the-ball at the top of his game, that's one thing.  But we're sifting through all this for a broken down, beaten up John Terry.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #473 on: June 25, 2017, 12:33:07 AM »
Well he denied he was racist, so if he denies he's racist then he's hardly gonna apologise for being racist is he?

Fucking Hell mate.

You seem to be a bit thick so I'll keep it simple for you.

When did he apologise for calling a fellow professional "a fucking black ******"?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2017, 12:33:41 AM »
It's not great, having to wade through a court ruling of that nature to decide if a prospective signing is quite bad or very bad, is it?

If this was a Leeds> Cantona scenario when they took a punt on a head-the-ball at the top of his game, that's one thing.  But we're sifting through all this for a broken down, beaten up John Terry.

True, but this is Villa in 2017 and we're not PL anymore. He'd probably improve the team as well.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2017, 12:34:34 AM »

Fucking Hell mate.

When did he apologise for calling a fellow professional "a fucking black c***"?

We won't ask again, knock off the insults.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2017, 12:35:06 AM »

Fucking Hell mate.

But as I said earlier he claimed he just repeated what Ferdinand thought Terry said to him. He denied it, so he's hardly gonna apologise is he? Crikey!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #477 on: June 25, 2017, 12:36:22 AM »
He denied it, because he's a racist. He's on camera saying "fucking black ******".

Bantz?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #478 on: June 25, 2017, 12:38:33 AM »
He denied it, because he's a racist. He's on camera saying "fucking black c***".

Bantz?

If it was as clear cut as you're suggesting then why was he cleared in court?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #479 on: June 25, 2017, 12:39:32 AM »

Fucking Hell mate.

We won't ask again, knock off the insults.

I'd rather you moderated the racists than those of us that oppose a racist.

But... I consider you a friend. And I don't want to put you in the awkward position of having to ban me so I'll carry this on another time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal