collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by chrisw1
[Today at 01:04:38 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John Terry - Gone  (Read 549698 times)

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
Re: John Terry - contract offer
« Reply #450 on: June 25, 2017, 12:01:31 AM »
I never associated him with that sort of nonsense and I never would. We disagree on politics but I don't consider him a Nazi, FFS.

Like I don't consider most of the Conservative Party to be Nazis.

It goes without saying, though, that they have a high tolerance for racism.

Good luck though to Pickaninnie Ads and his watermelon smile.

Sorry, I was on about Terry. You'll never find me sticking up for Ads. ;-)

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #451 on: June 25, 2017, 12:04:38 AM »
How do you know he hasn't changed? Do you believe someone should be punished for their misdemeanours for ever?
No. Just for the record, I don't want him punished. But I don't believe my club should make someone that has been guilty of that one of their highest paid players. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Well he was found guilty by the FA but not guilty by a court of law which suggests the racist thing isn't as clear cut as people are making out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9398132/John-Terry-found-not-guilty-of-racism-the-verdict-in-full.html

He maintained he said it because he was accused of it.... not the most convincing defence. I don't think he can be defended on it.

Found not guilty though. Even if he did say it it's hardly the worst case of racism we've ever seen. Things are said in the heat of the moment that aren't meant. If he was as bad as many on here are making out then surely his black team mates have kicked up a fuss and refused to play with him, but nothing like that happened at all.

If someone said it to my daughter, who is indeed black, I would consider them a nasty racist arsehole for the rest of their days, as I would be very suspicious of those who decide that "fucking black ******" is hardly the worst case of racism we have seen. Have a fucking word with yourself.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #452 on: June 25, 2017, 12:04:43 AM »
I prefer Ads to Terry.

I'm fairly certain that Ads has never called any of his colleagues a fucking black ******.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #453 on: June 25, 2017, 12:05:42 AM »
I'm amazed that we still have fans standing up for this shit.

Shame on you.

Offline django

« Reply #454 on: June 25, 2017, 12:11:09 AM »
Yeah, he called him a 'black ******' but not in a racist way. Amazingly in 2017 people think that's ok.
In case you think I'm just a pant wetting liberal, it's considered bad enough that Phil jones has been picked ahead of him for England. Phil jones.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #455 on: June 25, 2017, 12:12:00 AM »

Shame on you.

Bollocks to you. I'm not standing up for racists, but unlike you I don't write people off for the rest of their lives because of a racist comment. It's possible for people to redeem themselves you know.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #456 on: June 25, 2017, 12:13:53 AM »

Shame on you.

Bollocks to you. I'm not standing up for racists, but unlike you I don't write people off for the rest of their lives because of a racist comment. It's possible for people to redeem themselves you know.

You are though SH. You are trying to claim its not that bad what was said, and even tried the "alleged" route to make it seem he may not have said it at all. He did. Bollocks to you mate. You are a long way on the wrong side of this.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #457 on: June 25, 2017, 12:18:38 AM »
If people are fine with him coming, that's their choice. I'm obviously not fine with it but won't insult etc those with a different view. Maybe both sides could and should try and do that?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #458 on: June 25, 2017, 12:18:56 AM »

Shame on you.

You are though SH. You are trying to claim its not that bad what was said, and even tried the "alleged" route to make it seem he may not have said it at all. He did. Bollocks to you mate. You are a long way on the wrong side of this.

No im not, I'm saying that someone shouldn't be punished for the rest of their life because of one alledged racist comment which he was found not guilty of in a court.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #459 on: June 25, 2017, 12:20:24 AM »

Shame on you.

Bollocks to you, you massive racist apologist.

Feel free to point me in the direction of all the times that Benito Terry tried to redeen hinseld by seeing the error of his ways and apologising.

You're pathetically blinded by your need to see him here and unwilling to consider the feelings of those of us that hate racism.

Your tolerance of racism reflects badly on you.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #460 on: June 25, 2017, 12:20:52 AM »
If people are fine with him coming, that's their choice. I'm obviously not fine with it but won't insult etc those with a different view. Maybe both sides could and should try and do that?

I took offence because he claimed I should be ashamed of myself for giving the benefit of the doubt to a footballer we're probably about to sign.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #461 on: June 25, 2017, 12:21:10 AM »

Shame on you.

Feel free to point me in the direction of all the times that Benito Terry tried to redeen hinseld by seeing the error of his ways and apologising.

You're pathetically blinded by your need to see him here and unwilling to consider the feelings of those of us that hate racism.

Jesus wept.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #462 on: June 25, 2017, 12:23:06 AM »
How about taking a deep breath and calling it a night on this thread folks? I'd much prefer that option than having to ban anyone over John sodding Terry.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #463 on: June 25, 2017, 12:24:09 AM »
Benito Terry. Ha!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #464 on: June 25, 2017, 12:24:34 AM »

Shame on you.

Jesus wept.

I'll just assume that means you don't have a response that reflects well on you, you racist apologist.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal